The RWBY thread...

Finally saw the latest episode... and I swear this one felt so short. Yes, it's a typical 12 minute episode, but this one felt like it gone by real quick compared to the others. Well, after Oobleck questioned the three girls from the last episode, THAT part more or less got resolved. Had to admit, when learning of Mountain Glenn and the underground network, a part of me felt kinda depressed. That is not a great way to go to say the least.

Yeh.. I see what you mean. It was pretty weak - mostly filler. The girls did a great job of clarifying their answers - and Oobleck seems to be pleased by their responses. So yeah.. that issue is resolved.

The whole underground city bit... Meh.. Seems a bit contrived. However, Oobleck's explanation could have been done with a bit less haste.. Could have added an extra 30 seconds to the run time and had him do it at less than warp factor 19...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we got a new minion in the latest episode.. Interesting hair color brown and pink. Not something found in nature. LOL.

Finally see Oobleck pull his weight in the fight. Er.. Interesting weapon he's got there.. Throws fireballs... Tho not quite sure what the point of having the dog get hit by one of Oobleck's blasts turning him into a projectile was... At least the pooch didn't get hurt. Think the dog is made of rubber...

Meanwhile Weiss goes up against an escapee of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Whee! Fun!

And a new mystery woman arrives... Who is she..? Whose side is she on...?

LOTS going on in this week's episode!

Neopolitan (not surprisingly named after the ice cream given her color scheme) actually appeared first in episode 4 of this season with Torchwick, both during the White Fang meeting, and in the end when she bailed Torchwick out during his fight against team RWBY. Now we really get to see what she's capable of in a fight, and boy is she a slippery one. As for mystery woman, fans are thinking it's either Yang's mother, or Summer Rose, and I could see why. As for Zwei, well, if he could survive being constantly shoved in a tiny container and shipped around the world in said container, I suppose it isn't a huge stretch that he can be lit and turn into a fireball... >> Forget hacking computers like Ein. He's even more awesome. :P

As for the train full of bombs, amazing how no one instantly figured out the plan given the history lesson Oobleck gave. And, yes, it's about time Oobleck showed off. I want one of those Thermos.

With Weiss' fight against that chainsaw dude, kinda figured she was going up against a psycho tank. All it took was one opening, and... how the hell is she not cut? :P And Blake using dust ammunition is all the more impressive, though given who she fought, it's not saying too much. Note, it's been hinted that at least for Ruby she is heavily reliant on her scythe, and though it makes sense that a little girl wouldn't put up as much of a fight as a grown man, the contrast is still quite huge. Welp, they didn't get into the rescue operation too much, so that became a non-issue very quick.

And then there's the end of the episode. OK, now THAT is a cliffhanger. That could've been the season finale right there.

Alright, end of season 2. The finale was kinda 'meh' given the buildup from last episode. All that Grimm and it gets tidied up nice and neatly, complete with Glenda literally fixing the street with a wave of her wand. We get to see other teams fight, with Jaune actually killing a Grimm despite his reservations, and Coco is a beast with that mini gun/case and that diva attitude, along with the rest of CFVY minus Velvet, who has yet to show her box of magic tricks. Sun and Neptune do nothing at all. Mercury and Emerald get to show off if only to keep up appearances as mere students. All in all, though it has interesting developments, such as the whole attack actually a distraction, with the intention of putting General Ironwood in charge of security and bringing the military in... the delivery honestly could've been better. Two things I was hyped for, though. Adam FINALLY shows up, and mystery woman unmasked. Hi mom.

Edited by Aegis

I dunno. The battle scenes were pretty good. In addition to all that, the music positively ROCKED!

I need that mini gun. Really.. I need that mini gun.

Meanwhile, yes, the whole attack thing was contrived to get Ironwood and his minions to guard the city. It's a common military tactic. Attack at point A to divert attention from point B.

And yeh.. Jaune finally got himself a kill. I think Pyrrah was quite relieved to see that happen. Did you notice how Jaune sorta had a tingling from the "Force"? He diverted his team from their mission to support team RWBY... Thinking the boy's finally growing a pair.

• 3 months later...

OK.. This is some seriously BAD news.. but post it, I will..

Seems Monty Oum is currently in the hospital and they're saying they don't know if he will recover.

NO word on what's going on with him. :(

Here's the link to the full story...

It also seems they've established a fund to help with his expenses.. There's a link on the linked page with the means to donate...

• Like! 1

Yeh.. I heard about it earlier.. The news kinda floored me. Damn.. People his age should NOT be dying. :(

Still in shock over this. The situation kinda reminds me of how the death of old Soviet era bosses were reported.

Day 1: Comrade Breznyev has a bad cold. He is not feeling well.

Day 2: Comrade Breznyev has died from his cold. Comrade Andropov is now in charge.

Later....

Comrade Andropov has a cold. He is not feeling well.

Comrade Andropov has died from his cold....

Forget even his age. When I read how it even happened, I couldn't help but think this could have been avoided entirely. I feel for the family the most. Monty was not some great big celebrity, just a dude who had a talent for art and shared it to the world. I think that's what floored me and why even now it hasn't fully sunk in.

I've seen this thread pop up every now and then, but I had no idea what RWBY was. Yesterday, it was the featured program when I logged on to Netflix, and it all make sense now.

RIP

Forget even his age. When I read how it even happened, I couldn't help but think this could have been avoided entirely. I feel for the family the most. Monty was not some great big celebrity, just a dude who had a talent for art and shared it to the world. I think that's what floored me and why even now it hasn't fully sunk in.

I dunno. Weird stuff happens and sometimes medical professionals are quite clueless about how to fix things. Given it was a "medical procedure" of some sort that Monty was undergoing, I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it was something related to anesthesia that was the cause. Some people are allergic to the gas or a component of that gas they use. Not much you can do about that. Don't know if there's a test they can give ahead of time either.

Monty wasn't a big name celebutard - as you said, he was a talented guy who shared his projects with the world.

I've seen this thread pop up every now and then, but I had no idea what RWBY was. Yesterday, it was the featured program when I logged on to Netflix, and it all make sense now.

RIP

Welcome to our humble abode. :)

• 1 month later...

Oh yeah. The series is certainly no magnum opus in all of animation, but it is definitely fun. =D And I figured Monty would've at least prepared a third season script, given how it's been said he is always on the move, and that he always lived in the here and now. That, and Roosterteeth already mentioned duiring their Monty Oum stream that RWBY was in good hands. :) It would indeed be curious who will voice Ren.

Rumor has it he had 5-6 seasons worth of scripts already lined up...

As far as Ren is concerned... He never really had much to say so I'm thinking almost anyone could voice him for the few grunts he needs to make.

Gogo: NEVER too late to catch up. They've been archived on the internet somewhere. and they're available on Netflix as well

Bottom Line - I think it's a damn fine tribute to Monty that Rooster Teeth is going forward and bringing his vision to life. :)

UPDATE: It's been announced that Ren will be voiced this year by Monty Oum's brother. (see the video posted @ about 24 mins in..)

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • 3 months later...

Hold onto your socks people.. It's official! RWBY Series 3 is now in production! :woot:

Read it here!

Time to do a bit of a happy dance..! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

R W B Y

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • 1 month later...

Yeh.. She does seem to be a bit taller than Ruby... She was even joking about that at one point - they were talking about them doing a live action cosplay of the show.

Blake and Weiss's voice actors seem to fit their respective parts better, I think

And another thing crossed my path the other day - they're releasing RWBY in Japan.. Dubbed in Japanese..