The RWBY thread...

• 1 month later...

OK.... So today started out kinda MEH.. But then this came across my Facebook feed..

RWBY: GRIMM ECLIPSE

What is it? It's a 4 player coop hack and slash game based on Rooster Teeth's hit show. WOOT!

Read more about it here

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Welp, season 3 is finally here, though at this moment, won't be able to watch the first episode. Not a sponsor of Roosterteeth and all that. I'll say this much, I like the new intro.

Alrighty, saw the episode at last. 17 minutes long, yet it felt much, much less. This premier is definitely a little more serious than last season's, in that we go straight into the tournament as opposed to something silly like the food fight (epic as it was). The art and animation has improved for sure, and the action is as fast paced as ever. We finally get to see Ruby and Yang's father, Tai Yang, if only briefly, as well as Ruby finally visiting Summer's grave in an actual scene as opposed to intros and trailers. I'm starting to like Emerald; she hates perpetually happy people, so that's an A+ for me. >=3 Also nice to see that psycho, Neo, in this episode, even if only briefly. We've seen hints of Blake being a joke a few times, but this one is her at her goofiest. She likes fish, who knew. ;p Now we are left with a cliffhanger as Team JNPR is about to fight. Before all this, though, Monty's brother does a nice job as the new voice for Ren. Nora is her usual self, though somehow I find her particularly funny when she slowly gets, uh, hyper and depressed at the same time. :P Finally, as I said before, I like the new intro. The metal fan in me liked it, especially given how the theme of this season seems to point to things going downhill and all, so the chaotic and blunt sound works especially with the chaos happening with all the Grimm. And, yeah, the panning to the rose in the beginning of said intro is a fitting tribute to Monty. So, yeah, season starting off with a bang.

Can't disagree with that. Also, RT usually cleans up little mistakes on their YT versions, so no complaints there.

As for the newest episode, it took me a while to get to that one, but was actually worth it as far as I'm concerned. My first reaction to this was 'way to go Jaune'. We see more of why he was chosen as leader for team JNPR. Also, Nora as Thor. They went there. :P Team SSSN's match was also a nice bonus, complete with Neptune being scared of water. :P So, yeah, aside from some animation issues, it was fun to watch.

• 3 months later...

Welp, season 3 is done. The last few episodes, especially with how lighthearted the season started (and the series as a whole started)... not what I expected. I am resisting the urge to make terrible arm or hand puns. :P

I haven't seen the finale yet, but things do seem to be a changing. Seasons 1 & 2 were like, "gee wilikers Batman". Then season 3 quickly turned to the much more gritty Dark Knight. The last episode I watched in YouTube had a message from the producers saying they never intended to make a kids show, and for adults to prescreen all future episodes before showing them to children.

You definitely should watch the finale. It pretty much solidified season 3 as the best of the three seasons thus far. And, yeah, I saw the episode 11 description on YT and read the warning. It was glorious. >=3

At any rate, I certainly expected and waited for the series to really pick up. Part of me was reminded of the original four trailers and how dramatic they were, especially with Ruby decapitating and slicing beowolves left and right and Weiss fighting that knight which gave her that scar. What I didn't expect was how downright depressing it eventually got. Yes, the intro very much warned us it was going to get serious, but it still managed to pleasantly surprise me. The direction was a sudden swerve as opposed to a slow burn, thus the comments I'm seeing along the lines of 'quit stomping on my heart' and 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'.

And as horrible as it was for certain members of the main cast, it is REALLY getting hard to not make a crack about giving them a hand. Y'know, because when it comes to fictional people, I'm coldhearted. >>

Edited by Aegis
  • 2 weeks later...

Well IMO the finale was the best episode of season 3, but I'm not too keen on the direction they're going. The first two seasons were more to my liking than season 3. To each his own, I guess.

• 8 months later...

Now that's how you do a season premier!

Never saw the trailer, I like it...

Where are you getting your episodes from? Cable, or netflix? or you can pm me if you want

:lol:

gogo

Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix, which is where I discovered it. I don't know whether they have season 3.

Subscribers can watch new episodes on their website. About a week later, they put them on YouTube. I prefer to watch them on my tv, so I wait for the YouTube release. They also release seasons a Blu Ray, although season 1 might be DVD (not home right now so I can't check).

IMO, the robbery scene in the season 1 premier was poetic perfection.

The new intro is probably one of my favorite parts of the latest season so far. It is so 'anime-ish', moreso than previous intros. They've also stepped up their game with their character development so far in these two episodes. I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with the remaining members of Team JNPR, especially Jaune.

I wait for the YouTube release so I can watch on my TV, so I've only seen episode one so far.

Episode 1 was good, but they were treating Ruby like a membger of JNPR. My first thought was I like more W, B, & Y in my RWBY. I'm sure they'll jump between characters while team RWBY reforms.

Given what happened in the season finale and why we have Team RNJR/JNNR/Whatevah, and given they spent about 6-8 months together, they are unofficially the new team for this season (at least for now). And, yeah, it's pretty apparent that's what they're doing early in the season. All for members of RWBY have their own personal issues they need to deal with afterall. Yang especially.

• Like! 1

Good to see that Blake has finally come out. On a side note, I always thought it was odd that she has four ears.

Yang's in desperate need of an intervention.

Is it just me, or use the main villain the fourth person in Crow's photo?

• Like! 1

Given what happened in the season finale and why we have Team RNJR/JNNR/Whatevah, and given they spent about 6-8 months together, they are unofficially the new team for this season (at least for now). And, yeah, it's pretty apparent that's what they're doing early in the season. All for members of RWBY have their own personal issues they need to deal with afterall. Yang especially.

I love seeing you back on the boards Aegis, though I also do miss your art!

:)

gogo

Thanks, man. I miss having... uh... 'free-er' time. And, yeah, maybe I will post some new stuff just to keep that part of the board alive. Assuming real life doesn't drain me first. :P

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did not see it in theatres, but saw the premier online anyways. Pretty good episode, given the storiesbeing set up for the rest of the season. I am particularly looking forward to seeing Raven again for the messed up family reunion to follow. I would also like to think this will be the season team RWBY will reunite as well.

Of course, to tide me over before that was RWBY Chibi, and while I think last season's batch of skits were overall better, this season was still pretty funny.

I went to the theater premier.  They showed the last three episodes from season 4, with commentary after each, and then finally the premier.

I'm hopeful that team RWBY will reunite.  Ruby, Weiss and Yang all seem to be on a collision course. My big question is how Blake will get to Mistral.

• Like! 1
On 10/14/2017 at 7:31 PM, lujate said:

I went to the theater premier.  They showed the last three episodes from season 4, with commentary after each, and then finally the premier.

I'm hopeful that team RWBY will reunite.  Ruby, Weiss and Yang all seem to be on a collision course. My big question is how Blake will get to Mistral.

A theater premier? Is this is in a repertory theather near you? I didnt know that theaters could do this

gogo

10 hours ago, gogoblender said:

A theater premier? Is this is in a repertory theather near you? I didnt know that theaters could do this

gogo

This was an official RWBY promotion.  I think it was thru a company that specializes in this kind of thing.  The closest theater for me was an hour west in a little college town. I wasn't sure what kind of place to expect, but it was just like any other multplex.

37 minutes ago, lujate said:

This was an official RWBY promotion.  I think it was thru a company that specializes in this kind of thing.  The closest theater for me was an hour west in a little college town. I wasn't sure what kind of place to expect, but it was just like any other multplex.

wow...Lujate, didnt realize you were SUCH a fan, an hour's drive... h

ow thrilling that something you you've been following for so long was able to show up as a theater presentation!

gogo