The RWBY thread...

Not going to mention much for spoilers sake, but I really enjoyed this episode and the humor that went with it. Only thing for me is that I feel that this series would be better as a biweekly series instead of weekly. Every two or so episodes seem very related 1&2, 4&potential 5, and for times sake I think each episode would have more meat to it instead of the tidbits that we are being fed :)

Seems RWBY is catching on... Just spent the last half hour getting frustrated to no end trying to watch the latest episode. The servers are slow - took like 3 mins to load the home page. And when I got the video actually to load (another 3 - 4 mins to get that one up) the bleeping thing blows chunks repeatedly at the same spot where Ruby and Yang are talking about working together...

As a side note, that red haired gal with the pink skirt - Ellen, I think her name is - is getting on my nerves... She definitely needs decaf...

Finally! 3 browsers later and I got to finish the episode without any crashing! Best bet - Firefox with Ad Block installed. Don't know if ads had anything to do with the blown chunkage, but I got through it finally. Good episode!

Gotta luv Vomit Boy.. He's such a social clutz..

Edited by wolfie2kX

The thing also crapped out on me while watching it on my tablet, so I've yet to see this in its entirety. So... Gonna retry this...

Edit: Finally saw this to the end. I have now come to the conclusion that Ozpin is my fav thus far. From his motivational ("you suck") speech to his instructions and the way he answered Jaun's questions on landing, he is a sadist. I love it, you magnificent Barsteward you. XD

Edited by Aegis

OH geeze.. Never quite connected it until I saw it in print - OZpin.. Glynda Goodwitch.. GAAAH! It's the Wizard of Oz gone badass!

But yeah.. He is pretty funny.

So I'm thinking it's time for a poll. Who is Vomit Boy (aka Jaune Arc (Joan of Arc's relative?)) gonna puke on following the inflight excursion next episode? :D

Ruby? Yang? Weiss? Pyrrha - the girl on the cereal box? Nora? Lie Ren? Himself?

Speaking of Lie Ren - the guy in green with the dual pistols... Did you notice who is voicing him? None other than series creator - Monty Oum..!

Back to Jaune Arc... Do you get the feeling he's never been to the kind of fighting school like everyone else? Kinda got a glimpse of that when he and Ruby were talking and he was amazed that Ruby made her scythe and all he had were his hand me down sword. Even Ruby and Yang weren't too shocked about the initiation thing like maybe they've done this sort of thing before...

Yup, he is the sadistic Wizard of Oz. :D

Seeing that Month was originally gonna voice Ozpin only to be disappointed with his own voice, good to still hear his voice in some form. :)

Admittedly, while I do like Jaune's awkwardness, I do hope he shows some competence as I find the clumsy, useless teen syndrome found in many a or anime to be overdone. The way I see it, though, he'll mostly be useless, so might as well enjoy it for what it is. Otherwise... Now that he's airborne again, I'd say he's gonna puke on Phyrra. ;p

Two things about this episode. What does Phyrra see in Jaune? And does this episode feel particularly shorter than usual?

Well, we knew Ruby would be with Weiss, though I especially liked how Weiss initially walked away from Ruby only to end up sticking with her because the alternative is worse. :P

Edited by Aegis

Heck, the third episode itself foreshadowed Phyrra willing to be friendly with Jaune just by him asking 'where will I find another cute, friendly, quirky girl to talk to' or something along those lines. So no surprise in any shape, but still unusual, at least for now, to see her warm up to him so easily even when he had initially ignored her over Weiss.

I expect Ruby also to save Weiss in the nick of time, just so that Ruby can show her off. While no surprise Ruby is fast, interesting that Ruby seems faster. Cute for Ruby to proclaim that Weiss will think she is cool in the end... Almost as cute as saying she drinks milk. ;p

Edited by Aegis

I think the same opening credits have been going since episode 2... So that example, I think even predates that. But I think he will start coming of age... probably just as soon as he realizes he's actually got a chance with her.

Speaking of Pyhrra.. Gotta love that rocket spear/rifle combo. Hmm.. Maybe that's it. She also has a shield where as no one else seems to at this point anyhow.

At any rate... We'll see what Monty has in mind for Ruby and Weiss.. I think, at first, Weiss will warm up to her a bit, but won't be quite thinking Ruby's cool.. not just yet. Next week's battle will likely have Ruby doing some gymnastics (as in the trailer) with those monster types... I think Weiss might think she might not have done quite as bad as she could have...

Edited by wolfie2kX

All the opening credits and the first episode's outro have it indeed. Have to admit,aside from cool rifle-to-rocket-propelled-spear, I'm liking Pyhrra's seemingly 'simple' nature, especially given she's supposed to be a star 'everything'. You don't get that kind of combination that often.

Welp, been waiting to see some action, so let's see how 'cool' Ruby will be. Kinda hard at the moment to outdo the craziness that were the beowolves, but that's probably because of the bullet casings and flying body parts.

No.. You sure don't see that kind of thing in anyone in her position very often. Most have egos that go right to their head.

Then again, it could be as simple as her following orders to the letter. Remember, he was the first person she saw after she landed - and that WAS what the professor told them would be their partner at the academy..

But hey.. At least he didn't puke (yet)...

Episode 6 is out today, and it is by far my favorite. Action, comedy, interesting banter and backstory, and almost 8 minutes to top it off! Stuff is getting to RvB level soon, I sense it :D

Sponsorship has its privileges, huh?

Meanwhile, guess where I'll be watching the new episode? It' not home. ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

Oh well. I got beer.

PS: Boop

Edited by Aegis

Oh yeah... Pyrrah has the serious hots for Jaune...! BIG time..

DUH.. Of course she likes him - he's her polar opposite.. She's confident, strong, and knows the ways of "the force". He isn't, isn't and doesn't. Opposites attract... He's like putty in her hands.. She can mold him into something worthwhile..

TBH, I did not see Ruby & Weiss' battle outcome, but the way they played it off was likely better in the long run.

And we learn that Yang has serious issues with anyone messing with her hair. That clump of hair in Junior's hand in the trailer gets whole new significance after today's episode...

Speaking of Yang, the Yin/Yang snake was pretty cool. At least we know there is more variety in the forest...

I recognized the old hair cliche the moment Junior grabbed a fistful of blonde in the yellow trailer, so no surprise to see it here in the episode. :) Pyrrha turned Jaune on and she got exhausted from all that aura. :D Way to go, boy. >=3

PS: ...boop.

Good question.. We did see Jaune go flying off the wannabe Gargantrhopod's tail.. But not how Ruby got launched. Maybe she done blown herself up again with Weiss' stash..?

Guess we'll find out next week..

Well, now we know how Ruby got there. :P And, oh my gosh, can it be? The episode is actually *gasp* LONG? As contrived as it was to see the way the teams got formed, it was nice to see the characters, especially Weiss and Ruby, finally get along. That, and Jaune show some substance in a fight despite still being clumsy. Also, Nora is insane. Boop.

Yeah.. Nora... She's a real piece of work. I find her weapon a bit interesting though..

On the other hand, Ruby's solution for taking out that bird thing was kinda insane as well.

Jaune... Wonder how long it will take to sink in for him that he's got a himself quite a catch in his teammate and will stop fawning over Weiss.. I suppose it was nice of him to play landing pad for her tho...