Ranged attack doesn't break Shadow Veil

Uhkam

I read from an old thread here that the normal ranged attack breaks the shadow veil.

However, when I tested this thing, I had to disagree:

ZTubO6u.jpg

( sorry if the pic is too big )

At least for me, it works at any range as long as the weapon is a ranged weapon (throwing liquids and bows worked at least). Spectral Hand works, too.

Should I add this info into SacredWiki?

• Like! 1

Welcome to the forums, Uhkam!

Yeah, I just confirmed that works, good find!

IIRC you can edit the wiki with your username and password that you have here at DarkMatters, so go ahead and get your "name in the lights" :lol:

Welcome to the forums, Uhkam!

Yeah, I just confirmed that works, good find!

IIRC you can edit the wiki with your username and password that you have here at DarkMatters, so go ahead and get your "name in the lights" :lol:

Nope, I couldn't. It says that "uhkam" doesn't exist.

Anyways, this opens a build ideas like the pure summoner with a bow (though I need to change at least in my build my Stamina into Dexterity for better damage). I just need to edit my build some more then to get possibly stronger CAs from other aspects.

Welcome to darkmatters!

Actually.. I read that the bridge between here and the wIki is currently broken. It's one of the casualties of the recent upgrades. You'll have to register on the wiki site and wait for validation - that is, if you're not already signed up over there.

Anyways, this opens a build ideas like the pure summoner with a bow (though I need to change at least in my build my Stamina into Dexterity for better damage). I just need to edit my build some more then to get possibly stronger CAs from other aspects.

I would have to say there probably isn't too much that a bow can offer that Spectral Hand doesn't already do better, other than maybe being "different". And when SH works with 2H weapons, and the damage is boosted by Astral Lore (along with the damage of the summons when the appropriate mods are applied) IMO, it would lead back to the 'typical' summoner for Niob-play.

But it would be different, and so I like it :) BTW, have you ever tried Frenzied Rampage with an energy gun? Pew-pew ftw :nono:

Welcome to darkmatters!

Actually.. I read that the bridge between here and the wIki is currently broken. It's one of the casualties of the recent upgrades. You'll have to register on the wiki site and wait for validation - that is, if you're not already signed up over there.

I tried to register there, but it says:

You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:

You have followed a link to a page that does not exist yet. To create and add content to this page, please register at DarkMatters.org and send a request to an Administrator to be given wiki contributor permission.

So... no, I can't edit it out :(

I would have to say there probably isn't too much that a bow can offer that Spectral Hand doesn't already do better, other than maybe being "different". And when SH works with 2H weapons, and the damage is boosted by Astral Lore (along with the damage of the summons when the appropriate mods are applied) IMO, it would lead back to the 'typical' summoner for Niob-play.

But it would be different, and so I like it :) BTW, have you ever tried Frenzied Rampage with an energy gun? Pew-pew ftw :nono:

Yet again, I could swap some skills so that I could focus on Frenzied Rampage and other CAs which can be used while ranging.

And no, I haven't tried it out (yet)

• Like! 1

Huh... I've known about this for a long while ever since a friend discovered it while playing around with his own SV build. He mainly uses ranged attacks himself, though I believe he initially had melee on him since he had yet to find a way to make his toon hit hard enough at the time. At any rate, the one disadvantage of consoles over PC in terms of having the regular attack come out of the same button as the CA mapped on your control pad is because of SV breaking. You had to be extra careful not to get to hit the CA button too soon while your CA regenerated or you wind up visible in the middle of a mob. Arming him with a ranged weapon makes it a moot point (which made fighting easier and more boring at the same time).

OK.. That's simple enough - send a note to Gogoblender - our #1 admin and OFFICIAL one man welcome committee and he'll do his best to hook you up with access to editing the Wiki...

Huh... I've known about this for a long while ever since a friend discovered it while playing around with his own SV build. He mainly uses ranged attacks himself, though I believe he initially had melee on him since he had yet to find a way to make his toon hit hard enough at the time. At any rate, the one disadvantage of consoles over PC in terms of having the regular attack come out of the same button as the CA mapped on your control pad is because of SV breaking. You had to be extra careful not to get to hit the CA button too soon while your CA regenerated or you wind up visible in the middle of a mob. Arming him with a ranged weapon makes it a moot point (which made fighting easier and more boring at the same time).

I've found 2h hammers and axes to be the most effective as far as bang for the buck goes in much the same way Maxwell Edison once did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hdXR1-5IuM

Yes, another gawd awful Bee Gees reference.. Sorry..

Edited by wolfie2kX

Welcome to darkmatters!

I tried to register there, but it says:

You do not have permission to create this user account, for the following reason:[/size]

You have followed a link to a page that does not exist yet. To create and add content to this page, please register at DarkMatters.org and send a request to an Administrator to be given wiki contributor permission.

So... no, I can't edit it out :(

Yet again, I could swap some skills so that I could focus on Frenzied Rampage and other CAs which can be used while ranging.

And no, I haven't tried it out (yet)

Hi Uhkam, and welcome to DarkMatters!

Unfortunately, the Wiki just got online after repairs last night, and we're still working on permissions for new registrations. In the old days, we had a "bridge" that could work tween the two sites, but it's been broken since the updates.

We're hoping to be able to have new registrants soon, I've been getting a lot of messages from people asking about Contributing to SacredWiki, hopefully Schot will find solution quickly.

Cheers, and great having you here with the community!

:)

gogo