So I've Never Played Sacred...

Hey all, I was thinking about buying Sacred Gold (it's only $10) but I wanted to get some opinions from people who played both S1 and Sacred 2 :) Do you think I'd still enjoy the experience after sinking 2000+ hours into Sacred 2:FA? I know the game is where the roots of Fallen Angel come from, but if it's a reverse experience I'd prefer not to sour it. So does anyone have a recommendation? Try to remember I have not seen ANYTHING with the game save a few screenshots and trailer clips here and there :)

ryan, I'm so jealous! I'll never forget that first time I tried the download, and actually was able to switch weapons on the go and was duel wieldling with the seraphim! Taking her out on the horse after and then running circles around that big orc...

The original Sacred is so fast, I mean you'd see CA changes and weapon changes almost instantly the moment you flicked buttons... you could start off a seraphim flip, and then switch CA's in mid flipping to land on full attack.

Much faster than Sacred 2, I guess because of them having to balance...but the kinds of tricks you could do with Combat Arts and the combos

this is love

:heart:

gogo

• Like! 1

Welp, I've downloaded it thanks to you guys :P Any recommendations for running on a 23' monitor? I keep reading that the resolution is locked, but sometimes our techs over here know a few workaround :)

Very cool you're getting the game! In many ways it's a LOT more epic than Sacred 2. There's a real story line that sucks you in like nobody's business and the ending - welp.. you just GOTTA see it.

Btw, you ARE getting the full Gold package - with Underworld - right?

Meh.. I think you'll find the zoom feature to be adequate. I really don't think you're going to need to tweak it. It's an entirely different type of game one from what Sacred 2 became. it's not only fixed in resolution, but perspective as well. It plays well enough on my 20" Dell monitor without any issues.

Underworld expansion is defintely a must have. Part of Gold edition. I think we're stuck with the sqaure aspect ratio. If I think of anything I'll be sure to add it...

Oh! Start by creating a shopper! The trading skill build began in Sacred 1 and was also quite a bit more fun/effective.

Need some money? :D

The Whiskey business has never been so good!

Btw, you ARE getting the full Gold package - with Underworld - right?

Yup, gold edition comes with Underworld :)

Oh! Start by creating a shopper! The trading skill build began in Sacred 1 and was also quite a bit more fun/effective.

Need some money? :D

The Whiskey business has never been so good!

I was thinking about starting with the Poison Lady Dameon build on the forums here, but are there any super beginner builds? The game reminds me more of Diablo 2 than Sacred 2 which I found interesting :P

You're going to have so much fun, and the synergy available tween toons was outstanding... later on, Silearth would cast dagger stare on me too, and this would increase the draw from the monsters in the desert.

I don't think that build was an "easy' or beginner build though, more of an exotic build that other players would freak when they saw my ebolts traveling across the screen and leaving behind all that blasted flesh .... was kind of like a gore wave, I don't think I've seen an effect like it in a game yet... course was horribly lagging, for about four seconds you'd get that fantastically reduced frame rate while the game's engine would transform everything on screen into blood and gristle as a wave from one direction to another.

I think for beginner, the shards for Mage is good.

:)

gogo

Also, if you take shopping as a skill you've really got to dedicate points to it for it to pay off, but it pays off big time. Unlike Sacred 2, you can get some of the best gear in shops.

The Demon always gave me trouble (tried a Fire Demon back in the day). She died constantly and it seemed I was always re-casting buffs (oh, those short buffs in S1!).

On the other hand I loved loved loved my Multiple Shot/Penetrating Arrow Wood Elf with her Unicorn pal....and my Fire Battle Mage. Ah, that sound of wrenching metal when you cast Fire Spiral and the crackling roar of Fireball! Ahhh....I think I know what I'm playing tonight...

Edited by Flix

Buffs in Sacred?

Er.. I haven't seen any of those - not in the same sort of sense as in Sacred 2. They were all combat arts... I found the Daemon survives very nicely when using Hellsphere and then running around in a circle. The trick is to run around the Hellsphere so your enemies follow behind you. They get shot by the Hellsphere and wind up dying without laying a glove on you.. Works good on Dragons too. The only hitch - you need an area large enough to run around while staying close enough to your Hellsphere so the baddies get zapped.

There's all kinds of buffs in Sacred. But they changed the buff concept in Sacred 2 to become permanent. In Sacred, I think they lasted from 90 to 120 seconds.

Strength of Faith was one of my favorites buffs, and I loved having Ghost Meadow cast on me by a mage too

hello Rotating Blades of Light!

gogo

p.s. LOVE having the Wiki back, link power!

Buffs in Sacred?

Er.. I haven't seen any of those - not in the same sort of sense as in Sacred 2. They were all combat arts... I found the Daemon survives very nicely when using Hellsphere and then running around in a circle. The trick is to run around the Hellsphere so your enemies follow behind you. They get shot by the Hellsphere and wind up dying without laying a glove on you.. Works good on Dragons too. The only hitch - you need an area large enough to run around while staying close enough to your Hellsphere so the baddies get zapped.

Uh, well if that's how you look at it don't forget that buffs in Sacred 2 are also combat arts. ;)

And gogo explained it. What they lacked was the permanance of Sacred 2's buffs. In S1 there were only castable buffs that expired - and at beginning levels they ran out quickly. Even if you did a good job at keeping regen times low it feels like you spend a lot of time in lower levels re-casting them.

At higher levels the duration would get longer so it was not a big deal. I even managed to put Ghost Meadow and Reiki in a combo that regenerated right before they wore off.

Edited by Flix

So far I love it! :D Is there anyway to mule items on to other characters? No shared stash is kinda a bummer :/

It's a cold hard fact that S1 has no shared stash. You could do it in multiplayer by giving your friend an item with one character and then coming back to get it with another character.

In single player though, I know of a trick but it's a gigantic pain in the ass that was not really worth it for me:

"Save your char, and then export it, back out the main menu and setup a coop LAN game, import your char and drop the items. Save, then pick up any items you want the first char to keep and Exit (without saving a 2nd time). Export 2nd char, load up saved LAN game. pick up items and exit. Start up a new campaign and import the 2nd char who will have the the items. The only snag is having to start up a new campaign with the 2nd char."

I used to have a "starter's run" in MP; which I usually played at the private servers before joining the common servers. I just tested it in a game and it still works. According to some, that "run" was a real gold-mine.

Only difference is, you need to do this in a LAN-game you created now, as the Sacred servers are gone.

So first steps are to go to create a char in SP and export it. Close your game after that and enter multi player where you select LAN.

Then create a game and enter it. You'll end up at the starter's island.

To the top left you see a tower. Open the door, enter the tower and click at the opening with the stairs. You'll enter the basement now. To your top left is a door, don't enter it. That'll take you to "instant death regions".

Instead head down to the small area's you see there. Each portal has a traffic sign near them, showing which region you can enter. You need to enter "Mascarel", "Braverock Castle" and "Bellevue". Last can be entered from the island portal.

Once you're there, simply follow the steps I wrote down in this post.

Once you're done, save your char and start a regular game. Instead of creating a new character, import the LAN character, which has all the gold and items you picked up and the XP you earned.

You'll encounter some monsters of your level as well, however, the char should be strong enough to survive a lot easier. In fact, the char is strong enough to start a game in Silver, instead of Bronze.

Thorin :)

So far I love it! :D Is there anyway to mule items on to other characters? No shared stash is kinda a bummer :/

Great game that has this little snag. Flix and Thorin have explained the method to mule items around, but it is a lot of work after a while. Oh, and I have had items disappear on me as well, which really sucked when I thought I had a weapon-set ready to go and one of the items was missing :(

Trading is super-borked if you work at it / put the time into it, just a warning. But, the combo system is super-abuseable as well, and I found no need for trading after figuring out the combo tricks.

Wood Elf is a good starter toon, with Penetrating arrow for mobs and Exposive arrows for bosses, you can pwn pretty easily (IMO).

Happy Hunting!

There is real WIDD in this game, and it just ROCKS! Combine that with the awesome poors of Voodoo Doll item for mage, and you can have your bm trash everything on screen ... A Schot build, I remember when he was experimenting with the mechanics of this, could even be a video he made out somewhere.

gogo

So its better to just sell all the armor for the other classes you get while playing unless its a set? This game is ALOT harder than Sacred 2 is :P I think I've died about 7 times in just one hour!

P.S. Anyway to cycle through Combat Arts besides manual clicking or combos? I saw a few high level players clicking on the CA to change them, but I want to be sure :)

I used to press the number buttons...but enentually got myself a Nostromo

Game changer, specially for Sacred

gogo

For me the number buttons only cycle through the weapon slots and not the CAs :o