So I've Never Played Sacred...

Hmmm, I think schot wrote a guide somewhere on how to chain, we'd have to look through sacred underworld guides. I just checked wiki and it's search isn't fixed yet

Maybe underworld here on forum will have it

:)

gogo

Whew! That was tough to find. You can set the game up so that corresponding CA slot and weapon slots are controled with one 1 key at a time. You'll need to change your settings.cfg file to "combine slots".

Configuration File

P.s.

And remember! Sacred Underworld has a google map too. :D

Underworld Map of Ancaria

Thanks Schot! Nice avatar btw :P

Hmm... Could we get some peeps together for some Sacred Underworld multiplayer?

I would be more than interested in running around with some of y'all killing some baddies and filling the screen with the blood of our enemies!

Anybody in?

Do clue, actually :D

Whatever everyone would agree on. I had Tunngle installed a while back and I saw a few Sacred games here and there, mostly in Bronze :(

since I have it uninstalled, I would have to re-download anyway if others have Hamachi :dntknw:

If it's possible to get an MP game going, I really hope I'd make it in. It's been way too long since those sleepless night because you were playing MP.

It doesn't matter to me if it's Hamachi or Tunngle being used, as I have to download and install both. I do seem to remember I had an account at Hamachi once though.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

Do clue, actually :D

Whatever everyone would agree on. I had Tunngle installed a while back and I saw a few Sacred games here and there, mostly in Bronze :(

since I have it uninstalled, I would have to re-download anyway if others have Hamachi :dntknw:

I've been using Hamachi the last 4 years and I've never had a problem, but I'd love to learn a new connection client as well :)

So its better to just sell all the armor for the other classes you get while playing unless its a set? This game is ALOT harder than Sacred 2 is :P I think I've died about 7 times in just one hour!

P.S. Anyway to cycle through Combat Arts besides manual clicking or combos? I saw a few high level players clicking on the CA to change them, but I want to be sure :)

Edited by Augmint

Alrighty then. It seems that Tunngle can be our option. Since this thread kinda has derailed somewhat I'll make a new thread and officially get this ball rolling.

:bob:

Sorry, lost my post somehow. Just was gonna say that your early deaths would've been from goblin mobs or archers right? - they are really nasty early on. Can see anyone who doesn't know much about the game engine dying alot.

In case no one told you you can use plus combat arts on items / gear when making combos - ala buff suiting in Sacred 2. Combos make boss killing easy.

Oh, and in case you wanna try the dark elf - I recommend the poison mist build - simple build, levels quick, can hide behind PM's / lure monsters, and works really well with split. Got mine up to level 100 or there abouts.

• Like! 1

Can see anyone who doesn't know much about the game engine dying alot.

You know, this is something I think the Sacred series has that I both love and hate. To be effective, you really have to understand the engine and know roughly how much damage/attack speed/monster levels to do well (especially in HC!). I knew Sacred 2 like the back of my hand and still feel very confident when I play. But S1 has me scrambling about like a baboon for health pots :P

Also look out for vampiress runes with +life leech on them, and battle mage ones with +XP on them. In S1, using other classes' runes can pay off (and the life leech from vampiress runes affects magic damage as well in S1, not just weapon damage). It's a bit lazy, but building up your life leech early on can lead to a nearly unkillable character with the right CAs.

Affects magic damage? Whaaaaat? That's awesome, makes casters much more viable in the early levels at least :)

Good call on the +x LL and + XP from Monsters runes. I usually socket both in my builds.

The one really positive note on Sacred 1, there are far more armor/weapon items in the game that actually have sockets you can forge them into than in Sacred 2. So even if the item isn't rare or above, you can still find stuff that has sockets - so building LL into your armor/weapons is MUCH easier.

Also look out for vampiress runes with +life leech on them, and battle mage ones with +XP on them. In S1, using other classes' runes can pay off (and the life leech from vampiress runes affects magic damage as well in S1, not just weapon damage). It's a bit lazy, but building up your life leech early on can lead to a nearly unkillable character with the right CAs.

heh, that leech from Sacred..I remember when game first got released, nothing really showing, then they patched (boy they sure did that a lot in the old days of first release) and we got those squiggly lines with red I, with that buzzing noise

lol still amused

:)

gogo

I still have memories of running Kamikaze Sunday when the build up was going for Sacred 2. There are a number of good builds for Sacred 1. Don't be afraid to experiment with the different characters. My minor contribution was for the special damage sets(one for each character).

• Like! 1

I still have memories of running Kamikaze Sunday when the build up was going for Sacred 2.

yes, I still have memories from dying from that event

and the first time we ever saw the twin dragons...what a surprise!

Over and over, the devs just kept surprising us with quality DLC to the game.

*sigh wimper wimper sigh*

Yes, the bean counters have finally gotten their fingers upon it

:blink:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly enough, after playing about 10 hours of Sacred 1, I am back into enjoying Sacred 2:I&B. I really enjoyed Underworld, but I think it's one of those things where so many good memories and experiences in Sacred 2 have led to some prejudice. Whether I go back to Underworld and explore the world more remains to be seen, but for the mean time I'm happy that one Sacred experience has led to further enjoyment of another in the franchise :D

• Like! 1

Honest review

Course, it was the first online game I ever played, first forum I ever posted on, and sacred's released heralded the beginning of mainstream massive game forums. In retrospect, I'm amazed that Vbulletin was used as the forum software, (best in the world at the time). So, for me at the time, there was a lot that isn't here right now, namely the HC servers and the newness of it all.

I'm really glad you got to play though Ryan, it's a solid grounding in this community you're a big part of for years now.

:music:

gogo