Game won't start. Need help.

Hi everyone.

Just bought a second hand copy of Sacred 2 Gold edition. couldn't find a new one anywhere.

Installed it on my Vista pc. Patched to V2.65.2.0. Restarted pc. Clicked on desktop icon that the game made, but it won't start. Just get writting on black screen ending with game manager or something.

Downloaded the CMpatch, hoping this might sort it, but same thing with now a different picture on the black background and red writting rather than yellow. Same words.

Searched through loads of stuff here, and decided to download the revoke tool. But this only recognises the Sacred 2 key, and not the Ice & Blood key. No idea why.

Anyway, after hours of trying, I'm hoping that some kind soul might have an idea of how I can actually play the game I have bought ?!

Here's hoping.

Steve.

OK.. This sounds vaguely familiar...

The $64,000 question in this case - what is the red text saying?

I seem to recall running into this same situation once many moons ago.

Hi Wolfie. Hope you are well ?

Here's what it say's :-

Sacred 2 ice and blood v2.65.2 build 1837 language en uk

online activation disabled

setup input keyboard ok

setup input mouse ok

setup system

setup globals

setup window

microsoft windows vista 6.0 build 6002 sp2.0

genuine intel pentium crs dualcore cpu es300 @ 2.60 ghz

supports sse sse2 sse3

little endian speedstep

streaming enabled

setup managers.

-----> don't know if you needed all of that, but that's what I get !

Hope this means something to you.

Actually. That's exactly what I needed.. There's nothing more though?

Let's go back to the beginning for a second.

How exactly did you get things installed? Did you install Fallen Angel first, patch, then go in to register the serial # - followed by installing Ice and Blood and it's patches?

If so, did you get Ice and Blood's serial number entered? IIRC, there was an issue I had with the box that's supposed to pop up for the serial # - it never quite got to the top of the screen.

I wound up having to install the I&B serial by way of manually. Here's the instructions for how I did it...

Many thanks for you time my friends, but.....................YAY !!!

"Ahem"

I have managed to get the game going. :)

I told my virus checker to allow the game, revoked the game keys again, restarted, and boom...........it worked.

Thank goodness. Only trouble is, that it took sooooo long to sort, that I now have to go to work, haha ! I'll have to wait till tomorrow morning to play.

Thankyou very much indeed for trying to help me. Very much appreciate your time.

Bye for now, and I'll be back with 101 questions real soon, lol !

Steve.

Many thanks for you time my friends, but.....................YAY !!

"Ahem"

I have managed to get the game going. :)

I told my virus checker to allow the game, revoked the game keys again, restarted, and boom...........it worked.

Thank goodness. Only trouble is, that it took sooooo long to sort, that I now have to go to work, haha ! I'll have to wait till tomorrow morning to play.

Thankyou very much indeed for trying to help me. Very much appreciate your time.

Bye for now, and I'll be back with 101 questions real soon, lol !

Steve.

Glad you've got it working and are able to play again Steve; we all must come back to Sacred eventually :D