Strange question, but is there a UI that takes after the console?

I'm not entirely sure how to go about searching for it so I've checked and searched for console UI mod and haven't found anything. I fell in love with Sacred 2 years ago on my 360, and recently picked it up from humble bundle for the PC (I never got to play the expansion). However, the UI is destroying my eyes so painfully hard that I was hoping by chance someone has made a console UI. Thanks!

• Like! 1

Welcome to DarkMatters!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no...

And I'll tell you why. The fundamental way that the UI works on consoles is radically different from what goes on in the PC version... For instance, the PC version limits you to 5 CAs at a time. You want to change one, you have to open the CA screen and drag a different CA or combo to one of the slots. The Console, IIRC from what I've seen has 8 slots. The relic device works differently as well. You're limited to 4 racks of 3 relics on the PC. The way they're laid out on a console is different.

It's not as simple as just making it look the same as it does on the console - it would likely mean rewriting the game code to make it work the same way - and that is something we have no means to do.

Not entirely sure about that. If you look at Mystic123's videos in this thread, you'll see it's entirely different from what we PC players are used to.

As a player who has rocked both forms of Sacred 2, each is an entirely separate beast. Even if you were to switch it over to the console UI, some things wouldn't match up (IE: No energy shield indicator bar, 4 slots X 3 bar Combat Art setup, no relic bar). There are some mods to spice up the UI like making the health bar colored and experience bar color changes. But I don't think a full PC to console revamp would ever work.

Welcome aboard!

I have to concur with what everyone else has said, I do not see this as practical. FWIW, I quickly got used to the pc UI when I came over from ps3.

Is it just to small? You can scale it. The UI is written in xml and can be modified a bit: healthbars,...

Well I do have horrible eyesight, and the tiny text has been driving me insane. I'll give a look into seeing if I can change that (Specifically inventory system).

I'm not entirely sure how to go about searching for it so I've checked and searched for console UI mod and haven't found anything. I fell in love with Sacred 2 years ago on my 360, and recently picked it up from humble bundle for the PC (I never got to play the expansion). However, the UI is destroying my eyes so painfully hard that I was hoping by chance someone has made a console UI. Thanks!

I remember how hard it was for me to use the UI when I got it, the amount of squinting I had to do, I believe I even got to the point where I was making posts on the Sacred Official Forum complaining about the tiny text and details on the game. I finallly gave up and made do, I believe there were some changes to the fonts used, but that's about the closest to solace I received.

I hope you're able to find some way to get through this, for me, getting better glasses was a big step, changing my lighting, and playing with the screen a bit closer.

I remember telling Schot about this and complaining incessantly about the tiny lettering, maybe he had a way, I'll ask.

Happy you came upon our little community, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

This is a very basic question, but noone has asked it, so I will.

Have you tried the UI scale option in Options -> Graphics?

These graphics settings were not there before Ice and Blood, so many of us had to make do with what we could :)