I'm looking at a new laptop.

Ysne58

I'm getting that new laptop today. Will be replacing the desk top sometime after Windows 8.1 comes out. Of course that is still running Vista so it's older.

I'm pretty sure this monster is not going to overheat. Should handle Sacred 2 just fine. I'm redownloading the patch right now. I am going in for some dental work this afternoon, so might not be around much for the next day or two.

I'm a big stickler for warranty/return on anything over 25.00 I buy, especially since I don't buy that much.

At Bureau En Gros, for example, or Staples as they call it in States... it's a fiften day satisfaction guarantee, no questions asked, plus you get, on top of that, a manufacturer's warranty for one year. Which you can extend/increase, and which I bought for my Mouse which cost 12.99!!

:dance:

gogo

p.s. this is expecially important to me now, as I bought a Tassimo at my grocery store for 60 bux, then found a Tim Hortons special for 40.00 PLUS 12 packs of coffee...all free!

Went back to grocery store to return the coffee maker, and they refused...but if I had bought at it Canadian Tire, they would have taken it back, no questions asked.

So, for me, lesson learned.

Yeah -- I purchased a 3 year warranty. I've seen people return stuff at Best Buy so I know they do have one. I'm not sure about the details though.

• Like! 1

Best Buy is a great place to pick up stuff like this from. And their three year warranty sound good. Is it an extension of manufactureer's warranty, or does it come with other goodies for usage, theft or loss?

:)

gogo

the biggest thing is the accident protection. will replace it -- so everything is covered

I got the bundle which also provides 3 years of tech support on up to 3 computers. So it was a pretty good deal.

• Like! 1

the biggest thing is the accident protection. will replace it -- so everything is covered

I got the bundle which also provides 3 years of tech support on up to 3 computers. So it was a pretty good deal.

Very good! Specially on a computer that is a lap top. Laptops are notoriously difficult to repair.

How much more did the warranty cost if I may ask?

Schot keeps buying extended on his chairs for his room/computer, bad back, and it has worked out very well, as stuffing comes out, or joints on chair break, but they keep replacing it for him!

gogo

• Like! 1

For 3 years it was $450. I've never had one of the warranties not pay for itself over the term of it though. Computers and cars are the only things I've found that the warranties pay off for.

• Like! 1

wow

it's a lot of money...but SO much piece of mind!

And per year..it's reasonable :thumbsup:

That comes to 12.50 a month, what we charge here at Rogers to people on contracts that buy new Iphones and covers loss, theft, breakage, etc

Do you have a link to the online TOS of that warranty?

Love to read it

gogo

Not on this one. There were some laptops with touch screens though. I really hate that start screen of theirs and the lack of a start menu. I was pretty sure I would. Having a really good gaming laptop is good though.

Their service has improved. It used to be that when I went in there I knew more than half of them did. I haven't run into the incompetent ones recently.

Service stories can be nightmares, Ryan, awful that you're one of them :(

However... Cath, here's good news... I'm actually one of those great amazing stories. About ten years ago my parents bought me my first computer, fully insured and by Dell...three years...was some of the best service I've ever had. Any problem , anything, they'd always say we're sending you a box with new equipment, please put your old in the box it comes with.

Just like that

magic

loved it...

Course my parents paid for it, so it must have been pricey, but for a lap top I believe it's a good deal.

Glad you got it

gogo