How do I use my shopping network? None of my shoppers have enough gold to buy things!

The characters I'm not shopping with have tons of gold, my shoppers have very little... but it doesn't seem like I can put gold into my stash? what's the best way to siphon gold between characters?

• Like! 1

Simple, young padawan...

You make your other characters give them stuff they can trade in for that filthy lucre.

Example, you've got a shopper High Elf - and you want her to go buy some goodie for your other High Elf who has no bargaining skill. You have Enhanced Perception tho on that character. And as such, she finds all kinds of cool goodies - goodies she may not be able to use. Say, you've got the main HE set with Magic Staff Lore. So, what can you do with that lovely, but utterly useless Unique sword - say an Officer's Saber. Since you're doing Magic Staffs, you won't be able to make use of that sword as many of the enhancments on it are unlocked by Sword Lore. So.. you can sell it yourself, or put it in your Shared Stash in your chest and then open the shopper up, retrieve the sword and either make use of it yourself if you can OR, you can turn around and sell it for whatever it's worth. CHA-CHING! Then you can go shopping for a magic staff that has decent stats. Then you can put that into the shared stash and go get your other character - who can then grab it themselves and use it.

Make sense?

• Like! 1

yeah, I guess I can do that going forward, although since I've NOT done it already I guess that means there's no fast and easy way, but I guess if I just make sure to do this in the future everything will be fine... right now my stash is full of random set items I'm saving, I guess I should make a mule character... empty the shared stash and start putting things into shared stash that I mean to sell... good tip.

I wish I could name my characters so it'd be easier to tell which one was a mule though.... I wouldn't want to accidentally delete a mule with tons of high level set items because he's oh only level 1...

does solving a lot of quests near a town effect prices? does that make it important for a shopper to solve all the quests near a particular town? which town and set of quests is best to set the shopper up at?

Edited by namad

Well.. you can also sell those random set items that are now well below your level.. If you're say, level 50, you're going to want at least level 45 gear... That level 20 skirt is just not going to cut it any more.

And of course, you can name your characters! But you MUST do it when you create the character. In the upper right side, where it says HIGH ELF, (or whichever character class you've got started) you can click there and change that to whatever you want - Eyore, Donkey, or whatever you want.

Keep in mind that once you click on the Create Character button that opportunity is LOST.

It used to - in Sacred and Underworld. It had a reputation system. where you had to do good deeds to get better prices. In Silver, a health potion will cost you 585 gold, but if you do the right quests in the region, that price will drop significantly to 285 gold.

But in Sacred 2 - not so much. You need Bargaining, and Bargaining relics and any other item you can put socket or wear that will boost Bargaining, All Skills, General Skills and such. It's always a good idea to carefully sort out whatever you've picked up along the way to see if you found anything so blessed.

As far as setting shoppers up in various locations.. Doesn't really matter so long as the location has easy access to the player chest, and most importantly, a merchant. A portal is also helpful if say, the current shop keeper doesn't have what you're looking for. You may have to visit several merchants before you find what you're looking for.

Thylysium is good - it has numerous merchants AND multiple player chests - so while the city is pretty good sized, you don't have to schlep too far to get from the merchant to the player chest.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I can't believe I've been playing all this time without realizing I could name my characters! I wanted to name them! but I didn't realize that field was editable, wow, silly me.

I'll just make a character named mule for set items! and use him to keep them, they're not old set items at a low level but higher level set items for the wrong class, like my dryad finding a high level seraphim or shadow warrior set item despite those characters being relatively unplayed.

Edited by namad

It kind of makes sense that Ascaron would bake that kind of feature into the game - Imagine you're in a multiplayer environment and you've got say, 5 people and they all show up with a Seraphim. It'd be quite difficult telling who was whom...

Ah.. I see.. Well.. That's cool then.... Though, honestly, I generally sell items like that - no sense wasting space with that kind of thing as some Set items are common as dirt. Well, maybe not quite that common - but they do drop quite frequently. Items like the Patience of the Saints shield seem to drop quite often and I could fill a couple of Mules worth of inventory with that item.

The characters I'm not shopping with have tons of gold, my shoppers have very little... but it doesn't seem like I can put gold into my stash? what's the best way to siphon gold between characters?

Ahh, gold

As noted by the others, you'll be swimming in gold before you realize it

Still broke now?

:)

gogo

• 2 years later...

I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread for this but I found what may be the highest gold from selling an item. Niob dryad had the 2 guitars from the blind guardian quest, sold one for a million, the other for 1.5 million (was around level 100 or so). Might be trivia as you can get lots of gold grinding but for a low level character selling something from the shared chest it may be the highest return.