OMG, Aegis made a Sacred related topic!

Aegis

If you get concentration you can add the other buff, untouchable force, that the TG starts out with and add in extra melee damage. Get Source Warden Focus to help faster regeneration as well as being able to mod

Ironically, I fired up a brand new TG this afternoon. Mainly because I haven't done one in a while and I've made the rounds with everybody else... I also needed a freshly started character to check a few values.

So, yeah.. Gotta go with the following:

1.) Enhanced Perception - No shopping? GOTTA have something to make the drops worth your while. What's the point of making minced meat out of everyone if you can't get some of the perks?

2.) Concentration - in addition to the extra buff, you get the bonus of reduced regen nerfs...

3.) Both of the missing focuses - at least. In addition to helping reduce regen nerfs you also get the bonus of being able to eventually eat more than 19 runes and have them count. And of course, the ability to mod other CAs.

4.) I'd consider one of the available weapons lores - Swords, Hafted, or Ranged.

With Dedicated Blow, you gotta be able to spam the bejesus out of it especially later on when the mobs get bigger. 5 seconds may be OK at the start when you're up against 1 maybe 2 baddies at a time. But when you hit the later stages, you might be up against 3 - 5 baddies at a time. Spam away and knock 'em into next Tuesday.

Should you decide to go on beyond Silver, you will no doubt need/want to eat more than 19 runes into a CA and not wind up with penalties. I did that once to a Shadow Warrior - ate 25 runes into Shadow Veil - but it only showed up as 20.1 because I didn't have enough points put into the right focus. DOH.

And lastly, I'd go with one of the weapons lores - Swords or Hafted. Ranged - eh.. not so much. Gotta have something to bolster the CA regen with RpH goodies and make the blow count if you MISS with DB, you can still take a healthy whack at the baddy and make him bleed as you regenerate your CA.

And you might as well unlock those mods that come baked into the weapon...

And it's on a TG thread, no less, with a TG related question! Is the world ending!?!111 Let me go lie down for a sec...

OK, now that I got that out of my system, thanks to CnC-Crash's post, which I do hope gets resolved given that would be a ducky glitch to be stuck in the main campaign, it did get me digging up my TG whom I've ignored in favor of, well, everyone else. My dilemma is this: I can't decide how to build him beyond revolving around the devout guardian aspect. The skills I got:

-Armor Lore

-Tactics Lore

-Devout Guardian Focus

-Sword Lore

-Warding Energy Lore

-Toughness

'Twisted Sistah' is now at level 31, and doing an amazing job tenderizing rats, bats, zombies, rocks, elves, bears, pigs, bunnies, men, women, and anything that wants to tenderize you in return. Armor, tactics, focus, and warding are at about twenty points as they were my initial focus for the immediate future, though I will stop putting points into focus and onto either toughness or whatever other skill I choose. I think Concentration will be one of my next skill choices just to reduce regeneration further beyond simply the focus alone rather than make him a hybrid... Or maybe I will go hybrid. Who knows.

Obviously Dedicated Blow is my goto CA for his offence and he has T-Energy Shroud for his buff. Also using Combat Alert to increase his offence and defence, though a tad indecisive in turning that into a buff or not. Regardless, I know what CAs to use and how to modify them with respect to this aspect. After that, I don't know what else to add other than not intending him to be a shopper or touch any general skills for that matter (though I may choose enhanced perception should I change my mind).

This is more a shot in the dark than anything else. I'm just curious what anyone has done to their TG build based on those aforementioned skills just to help with my indecision. So... Any ideas?

I found this class super tough to work with. Some insane mechanics, and the setups on where some of the damage/magic comes from was just plain weird to me. Though I do know that it's a class for the more advanced, and love how Ascaron even described it their way in the game manual.

Wolfie to the rescue with info, and there's a few more here who loved to play the tincan trasher

Have fun Aegis!

:)

gogo

Already got his close combat aspect covered as I've already taken sword lore and kept his regen to about 1.4. I toyed with the idea of even keeping him a single aspect TG though could still select concentration to lower his regens further given he's such a regen hog. I thought of also using the lost fusion aspect mainly for jolting touch. Wanted to see what the fuss was about. ;p

Well, if nothing else, he's interesting to play around with, that's for sure. Keep the ideas coming.

Edited by Aegis

And so you do.. DOH.. Missed that when I scanned your list the first few dozen times.

Eh.. It's not him exactly.. It's the bleeping ARMOR! 20.1% nerfage? GAAAAH! If ever there was a character who needs RpH - it's the TG..!

IMO, Concentration is a wasted skill on TG. Untouchable force is pretty meh, and combat alert should never be made into a buff (esp. on consoles).

Get some RpH, your best source is a weapon as it will give the highest amount. Rings are OK, but kindof a waste in Silver as the values are not very good until you get into the 30's and 40's, levelwise.

Devout TG's are great tanks, and you should not have any issue with anything other than the fact that you can only effectively kill monsters one at a time.

Happy Hunting!

Most rings are a waste in silver, and even gold. Tis why I got a shopper seraphim in niob to help. ;p And as I said, I have considered keeping him as a single aspect TG; concentration would be there strictly for regeneration as I'm also kind of meh over untouchable force, though it had served me well in Twisted Sistah's early life for a bit. And, yes, I've heard all kinds of regrets from people turning combat alert into a buff; I just feel lazy sometimes. ;p

While I'm not concrete on my final skill selections, I think I might reconsider continuing putting points on focus just for the sake of getting more mod points and to eat more runes early.

IMO, Concentration is a wasted skill on TG. Untouchable force is pretty meh, and combat alert should never be made into a buff (esp. on consoles).

Get some RpH, your best source is a weapon as it will give the highest amount. Rings are OK, but kindof a waste in Silver as the values are not very good until you get into the 30's and 40's, levelwise.

Devout TG's are great tanks, and you should not have any issue with anything other than the fact that you can only effectively kill monsters one at a time.

Happy Hunting!

Welp.. There IS a way to get your TG to kill multiple baddies at once. And it's not with the Fiery Ember, Ice Evanescence or Charged Grid either..!

It has to do with how you line up your shot with Archimedes Beam... ALWAYS target the baddie that's furthest away from you and hope the guy(s) between you and him don't get out of the way of the beam. I've also noted that the beam tends to have a minor splash effect - killing the guy next to the one you're shooting at point blank range.

You are X, the target is Y the - is the path of the beam and the O is anyone who gets in the way...

RpH on gear? Haven't seen any of that on weapons - must be a console thing. :( We only get rings - at least on the lower levels. But yeah. RpH rings do kind of suck until you've gotten at least to level 30 or so. You need a LOT of them socketed anywhere you can find an open socket to make much of a difference - especially on the PC where socketing a ring raises the level of the armor or weapon to the level of the ring (if the ring's level is greater than the armor's level.)

X-------O--------Y

or

XY

O

In both instances, I've seen Y and O get killed off by one shot from AB...

You already got 3 defensive skills, which synergize very well. Good! But maybe you want a fourth one as a close combat fighter, like Combat Reflexes.

Further, you need another skill to boost your melee damage on higher levels. Damage Lore or Combat Discipline are your choices.

DL incereases chance to inflict secondary effects like fire and poison damage over time.CD increases damage of your combat arts and reduces regeneration time. (You need to put your CAs in combos, but 1 CA Combos are viable.)

Last, Blacksmith/ Enhanced Perception + Bargaining do well on a 1 Aspect character. If you do your most damage with weapons, they might as well be good ones and better armor is always nice.

RpH on gear? Haven't seen any of that on weapons - must be a console thing. :( We only get rings - at least on the lower levels. But yeah. RpH rings do kind of suck until you've gotten at least to level 30 or so. You need a LOT of them socketed anywhere you can find an open socket to make much of a difference - especially on the PC where socketing a ring raises the level of the armor or weapon to the level of the ring (if the ring's level is greater than the armor's level.)

Funny thing... saw a magic rod in a shop today with RpH... in the CM patch, FWIW. Level 12, it has 0.4 RpH value... and a socket :drool:

You already got 3 defensive skills, which synergize very well. Good! But maybe you want a fourth one as a close combat fighter, like Combat Reflexes.

Further, you need another skill to boost your melee damage on higher levels. Damage Lore or Combat Discipline are your choices.

DL incereases chance to inflict secondary effects like fire and poison damage over time.CD increases damage of your combat arts and reduces regeneration time. (You need to put your CAs in combos, but 1 CA Combos are viable.)

Last, Blacksmith/ Enhanced Perception + Bargaining do well on a 1 Aspect character. If you do your most damage with weapons, they might as well be good ones and better armor is always nice.

If we're talking PC, they'd be fine. This is console, so some suggestions will not work, like blacksmith or DL at mastery. CD is a thought even if I won't be using combos, and Deathblow works far more on consoles than on PC. I'm not so concerned about shopping given the crap load of loot I got from everyone else, but enhanced perception is a thought. I think I'm getting an idea of what my final skills will be, at least for this TG, even managing to change my mind on some things, so thanks. I actually have a second one on a different account in need of some ideas so continue. Edited by Aegis

CD is a thought even if I won't be using combos, and Deathblow works far more on consoles than on PC.

But CD on consoles also doesn't factor in cast speed and is entirely based on weapon speed. However, you're obviously using DB as your attack so I suppose you're okay :)

Funny thing... saw a magic rod in a shop today with RpH... in the CM patch, FWIW. Level 12, it has 0.4 RpH value... and a socket :drool:

DAMN! Gonna have to look a bit closer. I sure hope you bought that! Even if not for your current character - but something like that would be cool to stash in the shared bin - for the next time you roll one that can make use of it..!

They're rare, but I do also find rph gear once in a while. Found swords in silver that had 0.4 to 0.6 rph in them. Too bad the rest of the weapon sucked.