Weapons of mass destruction

No I won't post a deadly recipe to get rid of all the people you can't like. I will speak about a weapon of massouse destruction.

You know kitchens were not always this clean as nowadays. In old times the place below the roof of our house (and houses in the area) was used to store wheat, barley, rye,.... The walls below the roof allowed air to pass so wheat which was harvested a bit wet could dry.

But with wheat there are mice. The house was wooden patchwork, with the place between the poles filled with clay and stray. So the mice kinda bite there way up, just through the walls where cats couldn't catch them.

But there was a last hope - for the farmer, not the mice. A weapon such terrible that it wasn't build anymore in the last 50 years: the automatic reloading mouse trap.

1665558_web.jpg

The mouse runs through the door activatibng a trigger which closes the door. Only chance for the mouse to move is up into the tower. But now a trapdoor opens and the mouse falls into something like a bucket full of water. With the mouse in the water some water equivalent to the mouse weight (archimedes) now flows on a swimming trigger which opens the frontdoor for the next mouse.

Up to 20 mice in a single night....

Picture is from a museum. I searched for this kind of mousetrap for a while since my uncle said that my grandgrandpa build masskilling mousetraps in the afteryear wars when the surviving son was POW and he was too old to run the woodworking farm.

Another family mistery solved, maybe not the same, but my uncle said it is very close. But less of valuable metal, more wood used.

• Like! 1

Cool! Kind of

, but damn clever.

Btw.. the tank looks like it's made from a gas can or a large tin - maybe from combat rations..

Edited by wolfie2kX

Yes, in the afterwar years nearly everything was recycled. My uncle said that the traps my grandgrandpa did were mainly carved. He was a woodworker and had a lot of wood but was very low on metal. Living mid in a forest but roads not passable in the snow rich after war winters. So carving in winter and selling in spring.

We still have a cabbage knife which was made from a bayonett and a cayak which was made by my father as a boy by halving a droptank from a fighter plane. Well I gave those for exhibition at a historical museum, but I am still owner.

No I won't post a deadly recipe to get rid of all the people you can't like. I will speak about a weapon of massouse destruction.

You know kitchens were not always this clean as nowadays. In old times the place below the roof of our house (and houses in the area) was used to store wheat, barley, rye,.... The walls below the roof allowed air to pass so wheat which was harvested a bit wet could dry.

But with wheat there are mice. The house was wooden patchwork, with the place between the poles filled with clay and stray. So the mice kinda bite there way up, just through the walls where cats couldn't catch them.

But there was a last hope - for the farmer, not the mice. A weapon such terrible that it wasn't build anymore in the last 50 years: the automatic reloading mouse trap.

1665558_web.jpg

The mouse runs through the door activatibng a trigger which closes the door. Only chance for the mouse to move is up into the tower. But now a trapdoor opens and the mouse falls into something like a bucket full of water. With the mouse in the water some water equivalent to the mouse weight (archimedes) now flows on a swimming trigger which opens the frontdoor for the next mouse.

Up to 20 mice in a single night....

Picture is from a museum. I searched for this kind of mousetrap for a while since my uncle said that my grandgrandpa build masskilling mousetraps in the afteryear wars when the surviving son was POW and he was too old to run the woodworking farm.

Another family mistery solved, maybe not the same, but my uncle said it is very close. But less of valuable metal, more wood used.

zomgod...that's just ghastly!!

:o

gogo

• 6 months later...

I do not know what is more cruel:

Catching living mice for an insured hungry owl who has to learn hunting again in a big outdoor birdcage.

Was there a question in here somewhere?

Yes, life is cruel, and sometimes you have to side with the predators for all to survive. But then you get to watch those majestic predators fly away... er... majestically.