Pocket calculators

chattius

I just recognized that our oldest took my HP-50g calculator with her when she leftfor one year infrance.

So im currently looking for a new calculator.anyone of you still uses them? Or is it just an app on your tablet for most of you?

http://www.hpgraphingcalc.org/prime.html

I was thinking about buyimg the new HP-prime. Main reason is that I am so used to UPN notation. Thecalculator will probably be used by our 14 year old too. I would give a calculator aay to a friend when doing homeworks togther, but would I hand over a tablet to a classmate?

I know TI has a dual solution: calculator togther with an app for tablets and can run on windows. But no UPN.

What is your favourite calculator?

Ok.. Took me a few to figure out what you meant by UPN - Umgekehrt Polnische Notation or Reverse Polish Notation...

Truth be told, I've never had a need for this. My cell phone has a fairly basic calculator in it that does 99.9% of what I need on the road. I do have one on my tablet, but it too, is about as basic as it gets. The one in Windows 7 is probably the most "complex" one I use - and I only use the basic mode most of the time, unless I need to do something like figure out the difference between dates, or convert US measure to Metric.

I want a CAS, computer algebra system. Just for on the road calculations ;)

Like a barrel has a given size, it is placed at this angle, the vertical height of liquid is such, what is the amount of liquid still in. And a barrel is an easy shape.