Diablo 3 starter edition - free to play

Production values were so so polished...I gave up on hc and stuck to sc, and had a ton of fun, then all of a sudden, poof... just wasn't interested in it anymore.

Auction house ultimately becomes the death of it all

I'm hoping for the console players, they get a better experience, that lasts longer

Then again, maybe they wanted the game to last that long and put something else out again for *cough * consumers

:whip:

gogo

Initial thoughts -

is this really a 2012 game? The animation and graphics look pretty subpar for such a big budget game...

Next - this game is too simple. Leveling up just doesn't feel satisfying at all! It's like a casual "kids game" or MMO like in some ways!

No weapon swap or loadouts? Crap loot

Dare I say it, Torchlight 2 has far more depth and engagement. Let alone Sacred 2 and Path of Exile, in terms of leveling and what not.

Borderlands 1+2 are far more enjoyable, as well.

Even the ancient Hellgate Global MMO I tried 2 days ago seems better IMO :)

Not feeling like I would drop money on this.

• Like! 1

I have to admit I didn't expect any other after the things I had heard, but I would be more worried that the way things are going it could be better than Sacred 3 will be when it arrives.

Initial thoughts -

is this really a 2012 game? The animation and graphics look pretty subpar for such a big budget game...

Is this for Diablo 3 Cool?

Imo, there's currently nothing out there in gaming right now as polished as this game for supremely intense combat gaming with group... I've always felt this game very much succeeded at connecting players to their damage. That is important to me. Too often I felt in MMo's that I could just mash buttons and everything would still be fine. Diablo 3's graphics above the free levels are remakable for the execution of actions, and spells. it was a heart breaker for me that HC was so tough (at least when I played it) but perhaps I just didn't have the right team set up that other clan members in EU were reporting that we needed to get to higher levels?

After HC, I went over to SC, and I've still got a great levelled toon there, but, after a while, the magic of the game sparkled less and less, not as much of a community there as there was with Sacred Franchise, and, as RyanRockers said do aptly... "we're playing Auction House, not the game"

And that was the nail in the coffin for me

:(

gogo

Yes Diablo 3. If you compare it to other free to play games, you can see the graphics/animation/effects are not in the same league. But that is Japanese games for you, the attention to detail :)

Some of it looks quite "bad" to me. Pretty surprising given the budget and dev time of D3. Or maybe the vision and talent level they have is just not on par...

If you compare ex Blizzard North members, aka people who did Diablo 1 and 2, now Runic Games, output Torchlight 2 - for 1/4 of the budget, manpower and dev time, it's much better from a gameplay point of view. Lots of interesting ideas, puzzles and easter eggs in T2

Really get no attachment to your character in D3

Edited by CoolColJ

Some of it looks quite "bad" to me. Pretty surprising given the budget and dev time of D3. Or maybe the vision and talent level they have is just not on par...

If you compare ex Blizzard North members, aka people who did Diablo 1 and 2, now Runic Games, output Torchlight 2 - for 1/4 of the budget, manpower and dev time, it's much better from a gameplay point of view.

Keep in mind the game got scrapped a few times in the production cycle and the production time is actually much less than most people realize. As you mention, the vision and talent is simply not there - because the Blizzard North devs left. Although a few did leave to form Runic, also remember that a LARGE majority of them are over at Carbine Studios working on WildStar. So the people who brought us Diablo 1 & 2 are still out there, just working on different series. And that fact gives me hope for developers :)