Bacon Cake

yeah.. Cream cheese would work - saw a thing on food network - some gal made a bacon cheesecake.. Before you gag on that thought - it wasn't all that bad. She used maple smoked bacon and maple syrup instead of sugar. Truth be told, it didn't sound bad at all.

The real question - what they've got inside that thing in the picture...

• Like! 1

that is just straaaaange, but if you make a savoury cake, then I suppose it can work. but I prefer my bacon with more traditional food like breakfast with toast, eggs, tomato, or on burgers and sandwiches...

Delta!

Edited by Delta!

yeah.. Cream cheese would work - saw a thing on food network - some gal made a bacon cheesecake.. Before you gag on that thought - it wasn't all that bad. She used maple smoked bacon and maple syrup instead of sugar. Truth be told, it didn't sound bad at all.

The real question - what they've got inside that thing in the picture...

A dancing rockette from the flintstones?

2s99d80.jpg

The cake looks like it has to be eaten right away because of the ornaments.

I would do a vegs/bacon/cheese cake inside and smear quark around.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark_(cheese)

http://static.chefkoch-cdn.de/ck.de/rezepte/176/176980/290510-960x720-herzhafter-gemuesekuchen-mit-schinken-und-kaese.jpg

I actually think a carrot with cream cheese icing could work. I know the icing is kind of sweet, but there's a savory unctousness coming from the fatty texture...this could be all we need to make this a perfect marriage

that is just straaaaange, but if you make a savoury cake, then I suppose it can work. but I prefer my bacon with more traditional food like breakfast with toast, eggs, tomato, or on burgers and sandwiches...

Delta!

Me too!

however... this strange compulsion to buy a bagel, tub of cream cheese and some bacon has just settled upon me

:4rofl:

gogo

To me, bacon cake is, at most, 'strange'. It's probably because I've done worse, or have heard worse. For instance, those who may visit the Ex in Toronto, someone apparently came up with a peanut butter bacon milkshake to sell. I want to try that one as well.

• Like! 1

To me, bacon cake is, at most, 'strange'. It's probably because I've done worse, or have heard worse. For instance, those who may visit the Ex in Toronto, someone apparently came up with a peanut butter bacon milkshake to sell. I want to try that one as well.

this one?

bacon-shake-body.jpg

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I just heard about those cronuts...the'yre supposed to be sold out in Montreal after a quick burst of inspiration from a local baker... and apparently he says they can only be done at certain times, which has, of course, increased demand.

heh, saw those shakes... neat stir/stix...

I'm a little enamored of these donuts though... what could possibly be inside?

bacon-donut.jpg

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1

What is really good, old recipe from my grandgrandma from the alpes.

Selfmade spinach-noodles with a sauce of Schmand and finecut boiled ham.

Schmand is not really sour cream or creme freche or smetana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smetana_%28dairy_product%29

Works even as a cake: thin yeast dough, covered with Schmand and then fine cut boiled ham (or dried bacon) and spinach and other vegs added.

Much like a pizza but our area had no tomatoes or easy access to hard cheese. And this cake is centuries old, even before pizza became popular. For hard cheese you need stomachs from calves. Our caddle was multipurpose for tracking waggons and plows, milk, ... so not much calves slaughtered.

• Like! 1

This sounds delicious and savory, luck you to have such ambitious and good executors of wonderful food items.

I'm on the lookout for a bacon cheesecake here montreal

, surely the times are upon us.

:)

gogo

• 6 months later...