Witcher 3

Awesome, the Witcher series is both one of my favorite book series and one of my favorite game series. Geralt looks quite old in this next installment, but as always, the games are played for the incredible intriguing story, with the combat complimenting that :D

• Like! 1

I love this. Those trailers are fantastic. Is this just sp, or is there any kind of mp?

:)

gogo

It's SP for a reason. The game TOTALLY immerses you in your character and the story surrounding him. This is one of the few games I will play on the lowest difficulty setting possible just so I can get to the next point in the story :4rofl:

• Like! 1

I love this. Those trailers are fantastic. Is this just sp, or is there any kind of mp?

gogo

It's SP for a reason. The game TOTALLY immerses you in your character and the story surrounding him. This is one of the few games I will play on the lowest difficulty setting possible just so I can get to the next point in the story :4rofl:

Completely sold on playing an SP game again.. Just the way you describe the enjoyment of story line and total immersion has delighted me.

gogo

• Like! 1

Completely sold on playing an SP game again.. Just the way you describe the enjoyment of story line and total immersion has delighted me.

gogo

The writing is just incredible because CD Projeckt are taking the existing story written by Andrzej Sapkowski, and adapting it to fit a video game instead of a novel. When you're playing it really does feel like you could almost be reading a book :) As a bonus the graphics are beautiful and really fit in well with the game atmosphere.

• 2 weeks later...

So, so good looking!

As mentioned by Ryan, I think this is soemthing I could get into heart and soul, even as a solo players

Thanks cool for the new posts

Let Sacred 3 be even better!

:viking:

gogo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my most anticipated game of next year...can't wait. I've given TW1 6 playthroughs and gone through TW2 twice now. The first game has over 20 fan-made campaigns plus two official extra adventures. And now the second one has mod support and fans are starting to make new levels... I love it!

Also, since I started reading the books I'm getting even more invested in the story line, which the games continue from the books, and promise to wrap up in TW3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT3Vr4bP9Jc

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Also, since I started reading the books I'm getting even more invested in the story line, which the games continue from the books, and promise to wrap up in TW3.

This is what got me really into the lore and wanting to figure out what the games were based on. I absolutely love how the games are not only a great series, but also a graphical representation of the universe in the books :)

• 5 months later...

That trailer..nghh...Kaer Moren...Letho...The Emperor, Ciri, King of the Wild Hunt, Yennefer! AHHH! :blowup:

Holy god they really let it all hang out there didn't they? :wub: Teasing every major character we could have wanted to get a glimpse of. Man, February of next year is a long time to wait...

World building from GDC

click pics to enlarge

terrain1u7uxu.png

Core Theme: Procedural generation as much as possible, removing months of extra work.

Terrain Edit: Novigrad, one of 3 main areas
Generated with World Machine
46x46 tiles, 512x512 each (23552^2), 63MB
0.37cm between vertices, ~74 km^2 total (35 times Witcher 2)

terrain20uu0f.png

adaptive software tessellation (no "wasted triangles")

tessellation1a3ubg.png

3 texture layers: Background (e.g rock), Foreground (e.g. snow), Control map (e.g slope)

texture1h4urs.png

Terrain shadows

terrain34tuik.png

Vegetation:
Custom vegetation generator

generator9msyf.png

pigment map for better blend with ground color

grass1fsucb.png

Photoshop-like stamp/brush-Tool for fine tuning

Other:
16 people working on Engine.
Automatic occlusion culling + streaming with Umbra.

streamingm5sw3.png

Automatic LOD generation with Simplogon. Artist created in Witcher 2, and "they hated it".

lodr8s5i.png

Links:
Terrain and vegetation: http://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault...eation_and.pdf
Simplogon LOD generator: http://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault...ed_Up_Your.pdf
Umbra 3 culling + Streaming: http://twvideo01.ubm-us.net/o1/vault...ibility_In.pdf

The footage is taken directly from the game's editor mode with many things disabled so don't take it as an example of final game.

It's taken from the Umbra 3 GDC video. I have only extracted it at source quality, nothing else(same applies to audio). The blacks were destroyed in source footage itself. You can also spot a crossbow in the video, next to his swords.

Edited by CoolColJ

Steam just got the game up as Pre-order. :D

With a discount :) (from 59.99 euro's to 37.99 euro's) - yeah well, you're Dutch or you aren't - and since I had it at my wishlist already, I just pre-ordered it. :D

Now the long waiting begins.

*sigh*

Thorin :)