Witcher 3

True but you get most of those pre-order bonuses right now, no waiting. Plus, the Witcher franchise is one that has instant pre-order status for me, and I've never been burned. Even if I don't play the game right away on day one (I like to wait for patches and the "Enhanced Editions" that they do), I still support CDPR by pre-ordering.

• Like! 1

True but you get most of those pre-order bonuses right now, no waiting. Plus, the Witcher franchise is one that has instant pre-order status for me, and I've never been burned. Even if I don't play the game right away on day one (I like to wait for patches and the "Enhanced Editions" that they do), I still support CDPR by pre-ordering.

With you there Flix. There are quite a few games/companies that are practically instant preorders for me because I love what they do and the games they make. CDPR are definitely one of those companies, can't wait for the next installment :D

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also preordered the game this summer. including all bonus that I could get I only paid 22€ for it...the last game I really preordered (way before) was...let me think a moment...Sacred 2! :D

For console or PC Dorimil?

:)

gogo

• 6 months later...

yes there is a graphical downgrade. due to console and for a bigger audience. but still great imho.

I will see tonight how it works on my machine (expecting high or ultra). hope I will enjoy the game. the hype was so extreme that it could be difficult to fulfill the expectations of all gamers...I tried to watch not so many trailers to avoit spoiler, that I can be able to make my "own expectation".

My machine is chugging along, running it but not great performance (~22 FPS at best, dips down to 18 or so in heavy action), and that's with everything at lowest settings. Then again my machine is 3 years old and barely hitting the minimum specs for the game, so I'm not surprised. It still looks amazing. I just couldn't resist loading it up and trying it out. I'll probably give it a full run later this year once I can upgrade my graphics card. And I bet there will be an Enhanced Edition by then.

Edited by Flix

some tech first: running the game on a GTX 770 2GB VRAM (I5-3550, 16GB RAM). Geforce Experience optimized the options to mixture of medium and ultra, hairworks is off. the game runs smoothly. I don't have got any fps measured, but I also didn't noticed any mistakes.

graphics: without hairworks...Geralts hair is...ok (even Laras hair in the last TR was better). the landscape? I was riding Plötze through a wood while the sun was coming up and painted the world golden. *boah* lightning, water, movement...great.

mimic on the cut scenes is also good work.

story: well haven't seen to much. playing 2-3h yesterday. doing the tutorial and then entering the first village and start doing some quests.