Diablo 3 Expansion! Reaper of Souls

Chrona, my BNet tag is Steerpike#2115. I have to warn you I'm only just back up to level 54, currently playing around in hard difficulty. I beat Diablo himself in normal tonight, and was toying with the idea of going up to Expert, but I'm not sure whether the rewards are worth it prior to the release of RoS*. I'm normally in most evenings, from about 20:00 GMT (and yes, it has still taken me this long to get a character to level 54!)

Arperum - thanks for the info. Not sure I want to send Haedrig and Covetous Shen back to their original travelling wagons!

* There was part of me thinking that I should just do runs through the late stages of Act III, my favourite act, to get a character to level 60 before the 50% XP bonus disappears.

Edited by Steerpike1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm - surprisingly - playing this game on and off the past few weeks. Got interested in it again after seeing some trailers for RoS, decided to buy and try the expansion and managed to get some paragon points on my level 60 Barb during the 100%XP bonus weekend. :)

Switched to my DH after that and managed to get her up to level 69 - and a bit - in the past weeks. My goal is to get both chars up to level 70 before I get bored with the game again, but I think I won't make those levels.

I'm currently hanging out at the EU SC servers, BN-tag Oakshield #2667.

In case someone wants to add me, mention you're from this forum, as I'm very suspicious about unknown contacts after some nasty experiences. Needless to say, those "experiences" got reported and banned. *evil grin*

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

Just bit the bullet and purchased the expansion.....yes I'm a glutton for punishment :D

I saw, seeeeeeeeeeeee you Knuckles!

We will pwn your soul... maybe I'll have time today to play when yer back from work...

:D

gogo

I'm - surprisingly - playing this game on and off the past few weeks. Got interested in it again after seeing some trailers for RoS, decided to buy and try the expansion and managed to get some paragon points on my level 60 Barb during the 100%XP bonus weekend. :)

Switched to my DH after that and managed to get her up to level 69 - and a bit - in the past weeks. My goal is to get both chars up to level 70 before I get bored with the game again, but I think I won't make those levels.

I'm currently hanging out at the EU SC servers, BN-tag Oakshield #2667.

In case someone wants to add me, mention you're from this forum, as I'm very suspicious about unknown contacts after some nasty experiences. Needless to say, those "experiences" got reported and banned. *evil grin*

Dang... I wish I could bring toons over to EU or you guys to us... I know a lot of the community here is playing on EU Servers...

we're slowly bringing up the numbers here on the North American side, Schot has gotten in too, and is playing pretty regularly with his Wiz as well

It's addictive Thorin, yee have been warned!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Addictive, Gogo? Frustrating is a better word right now.

I got my DH running in Master level, doing Act 1 and just have entered the highlands. I've also encountered 4 different types of blue bosses; which come with 6 at a time and are doing 5 different kinds of damage. And usually those damage types are combinations of Arcane enchanted, poison and that fire-pool-thingy, while every opponent using ranged weapons - and spears are among those - all the sudden do a life drain.

The good side is, this lady has become so well in kiting, she'll win the gold medal at the next WC Kiting with two fingers in her nose and a handbow in the other hand. :)

• 1 month later...

Been playing RoS for the last few weeks, and it's definitely better than D3V. I can at least find loot I can use now.

Progress through the difficulties has been pretty slow (though I don't mind, I don't want to be able to run T6 weeks after release). Finally got my monk up to T1...of course my favorite class is the most underpowered lol. But he's now at 1mill DPS and 10k toughness. He never dies unless I get the prefect storm of monster elite affixes and 2-3 groups of them at once.

Been teaming up with gogo occasionally, when he convinces me T3 really isn't that bad :) It works out pretty well actually. His Wizard is a mob killer and I'm a mob gatherer. I pull them to me and he rains fireballs on my head :D

One thing I do find frustrating is the randomness of legendary properties. Other than maybe 1 or 2 mods, the rest are completely random. Nothing worse than getting a rare ring like Ring of Royal Grandeur, that you just spent hours farming Act I horadric caches for, to find it didn't roll with your primary stat (Dex, Int or Str). Or it rolled with 2-3 primary mods instead of 4. Even Kadala can't fix that.

On the other hand some of the legendary affixes are awesome and game changing like:

Illusory Boots - Allows player to walk through walls (from elite wallers). I will NEVER give up these boots for something else :P

Ring of Royal Grandeur - Reduce the number of items needed for set bonuses by one

At first I didn't like that they removed the difficulty levels (Nightmare, Inferno etc) I had planned on completing each campaign level. But now I kind of like the Paragon leveling scheme. Finally the ability to tweak your character the way YOU want to. That's missing from the game during level's 0-70. In fact 0-70 is kind of a bore. Something to be power leveled through. The real game starts at level 70.

Over all I am enjoying the game....when rift running gets a bit boring/tedious I switch over to Grim Dawn for awhile. Then the itch to play RoS will hit (something D3V never did ) and I'll come back for several days.

Not too many of us playing...so hopefully you guys will give it another go. I'm not much on public games...too many probs/issues there but would love to get a 4player game going with friends.

• 1 month later...

Pwr level-ing 1 to 70 doesnt take long, unless its first char created.
Then you cant create torment 6 at your level.

The trick are create torment l6 on the character in need off speed level, get a friend or more level 70 with twink gear to level you.
The monsters are set at game creators level, reason the char in need off pwr level creates game.
Even if you die alot, level 1 to 70 will take 1 hour, if 3 or 4 man party.

You need 30 to 35 rift keys to cap, or it will need to be campaign.
Best for campaign are the smithy quest in act 1, in my mind.

SO it doesnt matter if slightly boring below level 70.

When gaming D3 I am EU side, cause US side are mostly empty off friends to party.

P.S. On D3 break, since update 21 for DDO got releaced.

Edited by D-molisher

If first character pwr level to 70 takes some around 3 to 4 hours .
Mostly because you cant create torment, max are expert difficulty -> way less xp.

Edited by D-molisher

Have taken a break from the game for a few weeks as non-stop rifting got kind of old. Played around with the PTR build but think I'll wait for that to go live before picking the game back up

im vacay too from the game. how many hours and hours and... *gasp* ... im slowing down playing, but I still see it as a dark, evil, ominous, life-sucking presence in my life.

Action needed

:mafia:

gogo

• Like! 1