Does Item Modifier selling +% work?

Do you mean the Selling price X% modifier?

IF that's the one you're asking about - it should. It means you will be getting back X% of the price you paid for it. So as an example, if you buy something for 1000 Gold, it should sell at the merchant for 600 Gold if it has a Selling Price 60% mod on it.

• Like! 1

Our Wolfie expert has gotten to you quick ganster, :bounce: I saw your post on another topic, but split it off, so it would get fast response, and you did^^

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

It probably works as intended, but it is one of the dumbest and most pointless modifiers in the game.

All it does is to increase the amount of money you get when you sell it to a vendor. As in: Selling the item with the %selling price to the vendor.

Exactly... It doesn't do diddly squat to anything except for when you dump it on a merchant. OTOH, early on in the game when scraping enough gold together to buy something worth your while instead of that lame level 1 armor you got at the start of the game, it's a pretty good thing to find - simply because you DO get more $$ for what you're selling.

I have check the price of several items that I have sold with all the Selling price X% modifiers. The amount I would get is exactly the same as if I did not have any modifier on. It seems like a complete waste. Unless there is something I am suppose to used them for that I don't know about.

Does the Sales Price +% Modifier work for items you find or just the ones you have bought from a vendor?

You've put an interesting spin on this ganster, I don't think anyone's ever done a test to discren where it comes from... were you able to experiment?

gogo

I have done every test I could possibly do to get a better deal using selling price +% modifiers. They do not work what so ever. Is there a fix in the works? I am playing Sacred 2 Gold Ice & Blood. Is their any updates that I can get. I bought this game on Amazon from DarkMatter. Thanks,

The company's game makers are not in business anymore :( I'm sorry you're not able to find solution to this puzzle. I know this isn't a very oft used mod, perhaps it's something in the game (along side a million others) that's bugged.

Are you needing gold in game, or are you just trying to see this mod working?

gogo

Are you socketing rings/amulets with Selling Price +X% into armor/weapons, to boost the selling price of the armor/weapon?
If so, then that may not work. On the console version, Selling price +X% only applies to the original item it was on (found or bought), not anything else it has been socketed into.

I can't confirm anything else beyond the console version (and likely up to patch 2.34, as the console version is somewhere before that patch).

Edited by Mystix123
  • Like! 1

Are you socketing rings/amulets with Selling Price +X% into armor/weapons, to boost the selling price of the armor/weapon?

If so, then that may not work. On the console version, Selling price +X% only applies to the original item it was on (found or bought), not anything else it has been socketed into.

Ah, some insight into puzzle.

thanks Mystix

Does this help ganster?

gogo

I have items which already have the selling price +% on them and there are rings that I have worn while selling. Wearing the rings and/or the item does not work with the selling price +% when I am selling.

I prefere to use my sockets for All Skills +, Finding Valuables +%, and Killing +%. I just have a lot of the Selling Price +% and if they do not have a fix in or not planning to have a fix in I would sell them and get something out of them and not have my bag or box space wasted on items that there is no benefit in having.

I am using a PC if that helps with my problem. I don't own a gaming console.

Yes, just to be clear, the selling price increase applies ONLY when selling the item with the modifier itself. Perhaps that will help clarify just how pointless this modifier is.

You have a ring that says Selling Price +60%. Instead of getting 100g for it you now get 160g. Whoopie.[wrong] :sleep:

Edited by Flix

Actually.. that's close - but not quite. Let's say you have a ring you bought at the merchant for 1000 Gold. You then no longer want it because you found something better. It has a +60% selling price modifier. You go to the merchant you can now sell it for 60% of what you got it for - 600 gold.

Most items you buy from merchants (or for that matter, find anywhere) will not net you that kind of return. When you buy items without the Selling Price modifier for that same 1000 gold, you will be lucky to get maybe 10% or 100 gold for it when you sell it.

Another way to look at it... If you find an item with a 60% Selling Price modifier and you sell it for let's say 600 Gold, and you realize you made a mistake and want to buy it back from the merchant, you should find the item selling for 1000 Gold in that merchant's bins.

Items without the modifier will see a more significant increase in their price.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Actually.. that's close - but not quite. Let's say you have a ring you bought at the merchant for 1000 Gold. You then no longer want it because you found something better. It has a +60% selling price modifier. You go to the merchant you can now sell it for 60% of what you got it for - 600 gold.

Most items you buy from merchants (or for that matter, find anywhere) will not net you that kind of return. When you buy items without the Selling Price modifier for that same 1000 gold, you will be lucky to get maybe 10% or 100 gold for it when you sell it.

Another way to look at it... If you find an item with a 60% Selling Price modifier and you sell it for let's say 600 Gold, and you realize you made a mistake and want to buy it back from the merchant, you should find the item selling for 1000 Gold in that merchant's bins.

Items without the modifier will see a more significant increase in their price.

:blush:

Hmm...that puts a slightly different spin on it. What if you get such a ring as a drop? Is that even possible?

• Like! 1

Of course it is... I've been disappointed many times by items with that mod - and nothing else.

That would depend largely on what, IF any other modifiers are on that ring.. If it's got something worth having and fits you build, and you can use it - then by all means - do so.. But if it's got nothing else - just sell it and be done with it.

• Like! 1

Ohhh, I see. You said, "You go to the merchant you can now sell it for 60% of what you got it for." But a ring you got as a drop didn't cost you anything. So you meant, you can now sell it for 60% of what it would cost for you to buy it.

I just did some testing. Selling Price +X% does work, just the math works a little differently than stated in this thread.

When buying and selling items without Selling Price +X%, the selling value is somewhere around 1.2% of what you bought it for. My tests ranged between 1.15% and 1.25%.

For example: If an item is for sale at the merchant for 1000 gold, it can be resold for somewhere between 11.5 and 12.5 gold.

If the item has Selling Price +X%, it will sell for more than that amount. My tests ranged between 1.25% and 1.3% of the selling price.

For example, an item with Selling Price +195.9% sold for 1.29% of the buying price.

There seems to be a base selling price (which determines how much gold Selling Price +X% will give as a bonus), on top of some random variance.

Mystix, this is great, and with some exploring here, we have great tested info. If you have time, can you add or change the wiki page for this item mod?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Selling_price

This topic can even be referenced in the wiki at the bottom with See also or a Reference link to where this is referenced from on DarkMatters on this topic for credit to all :thumbsup:

Mystix, this is great, and with some exploring here, we have great tested info. If you have time, can you add or change the wiki page for this item mod?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Selling_price

This topic can even be referenced in the wiki at the bottom with See also or a Reference link to where this is referenced from on DarkMatters on this topic for credit to all :thumbsup:

Done and done.