Recomended Change - Divide Bengaresh Desert into sub sections.

Just wanted to say how great I think this work that you're doing is. Cataloguing all these quests and regions and NPC's. That content is a big part of what makes SacredWiki unique and valuable to players.

Just ran across something while doing quests that might have a bearing on this topic. I was doing the Corn Circles Quest and got to the point where I talk to the soldier. Now he is a good distance north of Benny's Crop Circles. He's in that gray area of where to place him on a places page.

Then I simply happened to mouse over a road sign. And saw something I never knew was there :o

Old Dwarven Pass

dwarvenpass_zps6ba5fd6a.jpg

How I never saw this..I don't know....but I have to ask...has anyone gone around the desert and see if there are some road signs pointing to these areas and already have a name? I would have never guessed it myself for the area I 'discovered'

Cool! Neeeever saw that one. Nice find Knuckles. :D

As for new place names I'm gonna set up a system for us this weekend.

• 3 years later...

I'm very pleased to say that we finally fixed the issue of the wrong place names popping up at the Bengaresh Threshold and at Sar'thaz.

Big thanks to dimitrius154 for working this one out. Turns out it was just an issue of the wrong ID's being assigned in the script: triggerarea.txt

In the upcoming CM Patch the Bengaresh Threshold will no longer be called "The Red River."

j2yfWmS.jpg

And Sar'thaz will no longer be called "Harbor of the Winged Ones."

gDsdV94.jpg

Also big thanks to Wolfie, Ysne, and everyone in this thread who helped establish just what was the nature of the bug.

• Like! 1

Great news Flix, and big thanks to dimitrius154 for cracking this case!. And...what a read this topic is... I lost my entire morning drowned in wonderful conversation with everyone from here from years past getting to time present who helped with the insane documentation of this game. Like you and I both mentionned Flix, we can just lose ourselves in these delicious topics

:drool:

gogo

• Like! 1