Which Sacred 2 boss do you hate and why?

Which bosses in sacred 2 you hate the most and why?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which bosses you hate the most?

• Gar'collosus
    • Octogalamus
    • Xanthiar (dragon)
    • Carnach
    • Swirling mist of miasma
    • Garganthropod (giant Scorpion)
    • Crystal monster (giant spinning crystal)
    • The nameless guardians
    • Forest guardian (giant walking tree)
    • Daloriel the depraved (t-mutated soldier)

All the bosses are well balanced and challenging at times.

But of all the bosses presented in the list (Ice and Blood bosses not included) it’s the Forest guardian that frustrated me the most. Every time you think you got him, the tree heals itself to 100% hit points. And he does it every 1-2 minutes. And you don’t even need to kill him... In my opinion the Forest guardian is the most frustrating and least satisfying to kill.

Daloriel the depraved was a runner up, but only because he can be found early on in the game and is located too far from the nearest respawning tower and portal.

Not included, but worse, was Narmul the Ice Phoenix. After losing my mobiculum and dieing a couple of times, I spent half an hour chipping away at his health with a plasma pistol.

Of those listed I voted The Mist of Miasma. Not because he's hard, but because he's so boring. If you can kill his undead minions quickly, you have nothing to do but wait around until he spawns more. And on Light Path you have to fight him three times. A lot of waiting around.

I always hate going up against the White Griffin because he deactivates your buffs, and at a time when you're usually low level and in need of all your powers.

For PC, Narmuil can be a nightmare (such a small space and she has such devastating spells), and so can the Abishai if you don't know to dodge his traps.

In terms of bosses I've died to - the guardians and the gargopod (tried afew times with my dryad builds but could never get a gold scorp head). Hate debuffers too - btw sinister prince isn't listed.

Forest guardian is great for fire builds - you can farm him for set items.

I have to do a write-in for the White Griffin, because I hate, hate, hate debuffs.

By "Crystal monster (giant spinning crystal)", do you mean the Facetteleon?

Yes I forgot to spell his name. Edited by Mer kil

White Griffin all the way. That sucker once debuffed my BFG in platinum... As for Narmul, the easiest toon to farm him with (in my experience) is the High Elf. Some strong expulse magic, and all you have to worry about are the physical attacks...

Mist of Miasma hasn't been a pain when I use either a pyro elf or the SW especially with DB modded for mobs. Forest Guardian has thus far been the one annoyance for me due to his healing, although I have yet to fight it with the pyro mage. Griffen hasn't bugged me even with its debuffs as opposed to the prince who debuffs you AND won't stay dead.

I've got to go with the Mist of Miasma...

NOT so much for the reasons stated. My only gripe with it - the frame rate NERF every time I go near it. It slows down to a slide show. AND you have to go through it 3 times...

OK.. So part of the problem is that I've got crappy video hardware.

• Like! 1

This boss is pertty horrible on the system, I agree with everyone re lag, Wolfie dont think it's anything to do with your comp, I had a sick machine bought just for Sacred 2, and still, could not make this area go smoothly

:blink:

gogo

All the bosses are well balanced and challenging at times.

But of all the bosses presented in the list (Ice and Blood bosses not included) its the Forest guardian that frustrated me the most. Every time you think you got him, the tree heals itself to 100% hit points. And he does it every 1-2 minutes. And you dont even need to kill him... In my opinion the Forest guardian is the most frustrating and least satisfying to kill.

Not included, but worse, was Narmul the Ice Phoenix. After losing my mobiculum and dieing a couple of times, I spent half an hour chipping away at his health with a plasma pistol.

my seraphim can't even beat him and yes he Is the most ANNOYING boss I have ever encountered, I hate it when he heals always >:< (forest guardian) Edited by Mer kil

Oh btw..............2 things.

Sorry, but I'm playing on the pc and I think this is a thread for console ?! Hope that is ok ?

2nd, I don't think that griffin de-buffs ALL the time. What I mean is, that he will de-buff you for sure, but if you immediately re-buff yourself he won't zap you again for a while. I'm thinking that he can only cast the de-buff spell occationally rather than constantly. I've beaten him with 4 or 5 classes now without too much bother. Like I said, just re-buff yourself and kick it's behind. Apart from the de-buff spell, he is a bit of a wimp. So much so that I can't even remember using a single health pot ! Go for it. :diablo:

Steve.

My daughter fights only the colossus. She is such a weird build that she can't do others .

Shouldn't the Wiki list the race/type of a boss? Would be useful for shrink head hunting and the seraphim and highelf with her auras against undead and t-mutants.

The forest guardian is an all or nothing boss and by that I mean if you don't have strong fire damage/ combat arts don't waste your time . However - He's got no fire resistance at all and he can drop level 10 sets iirc. Just make sure you have good fire damage socketed and deathblow and he's great to farm. seraphim with archangels wrath kills him very quick - what was the seraphim build you were using Mer kil?

Augmint is right.. Bring on the torches and light that puppy up! After all, Forest Guardian is what - nothing more than a TREE... So don't listen to Smokey the Bear - and go play with some matches around him.. :D

But er.. "Level 10 sets?" That doesn't sound right somehow. In the PC version they go from gray, white, blue, yellow, green (set items), gold (unique) and orange (legendary). The level of items usually drop within the range of the baddy's level - + or - a level or two. In other words, if you're battling against a level 50 opponent, the item(s) that drop should be around level 50... Getting a Level 10 set item would be pretty much impossible as all set items start at level 15...

Oh btw..............2 things.

Sorry, but I'm playing on the pc and I think this is a thread for console ?! Hope that is ok ?

2nd, I don't think that griffin de-buffs ALL the time. What I mean is, that he will de-buff you for sure, but if you immediately re-buff yourself he won't zap you again for a while. I'm thinking that he can only cast the de-buff spell occationally rather than constantly. I've beaten him with 4 or 5 classes now without too much bother. Like I said, just re-buff yourself and kick it's behind. Apart from the de-buff spell, he is a bit of a wimp. So much so that I can't even remember using a single health pot ! Go for it. :diablo:

Steve.

Doesn't matter whether it be console or pc since everything still applies, yes? :) In all the times I fought the Griffen, he seems to forget that he even has a debuff.:D When he does remember, I've already hacked the life out of him. Of all the bosses, he's amongst the least I worry about.

The forest guardian is an all or nothing boss and by that I mean if you don't have strong fire damage/ combat arts don't waste your time . However - He's got no fire resistance at all and he can drop level 10 sets iirc. Just make sure you have good fire damage socketed and deathblow and he's great to farm. seraphim with archangels wrath kills him very quick - what was the seraphim build you were using Mer kil?

Celestial magic build with exalted warrior focus , tried killing him but he always heals himself and I don't like it