Guild Wars for DarkMatters?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Hey guys!

Guild wars has been out for a while now. It's an online world that rivals most pay for plays. I know some peeps here have tried it and I was thinkin of it for a while but never really got around to it. I've seen the graphics. They're hot and so are the environments. Schot played it for a while but he never really hooked up with a good clan and so his interest waned.

Enter Clan D.a.r.k.

K...this is REALY just an experiment. We're gonna try and see whether we can cobble enuff players here to play this game online as a strickly unofficial thing for now and to keep us in good spirits until Sacred 2 arrives.

If we get enuff players and the community, tone and postings reflects the fact that we can have fun with this game only then could we consider looking at this as an officially sponsored game.

So to once again iiterate...This thread is just a feely thread to see who's interested in playing a large online game with the crowd, where all you have to buy is the game and there are no online fees or monthly.

So, if you guys can just post whether yer intersted or not, have the game, or if you have it mabye some ideas on how our community can begin to approach this.

Let's have fun

Woot!

;)

gogo

p.s. I plan to buy the game this week, so expect to see me on the servers this weekend if not earlier

p.s. GuildWars offers Clan V.s. Clan as well :)

I've been dieing to play an rpg, almost got World of Warcraft, but the p2p fees scared me.

Im going to buy Guildwars this week too. /woot

Im suprised I hadnt bought it sooner.

Crunchie

PS: "grinding" is the new word for leveling on monsters:)

I am certainly up to playing with friends!

Remember too there is Guild Wars: Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall (soon to be released 27th of October). You certainly do not have to own all of them, but which ones you own does dictate where you can go and what you can do outside of the player versus player arena.

Guest gogoblender

Excellent!

Cygnus I just watched the Factions game-play movie here:

http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/video/

I'm impressed

I can't believe this stuff is online and I can't believe how beautiful this is.

I"m sold

Now...questions...waht does expansions mean?

Does this mean you get more areas to explore?

MOre weapons?

HOw does the expansion work with the first release...

do I have to buy the GW first release and then buy the expansion after?

How exactly does that work?

;)

gogo

Yes, grinding is levelling without doing quests... just killing, maiming, burning.

WoW I would have preferred but since I have top crafters and 2 level 60 there it's as well I don't play WoW again, a bit bored.

And I just bought a month for EvE... sigh!

Go for Guild Wars :-D I'll buy it too.

Are there many ennemy races, planets, countries, servers? We have to make sure we can all play together....

Updating after making a few research. First off, you can d/l directly online without going to buy the game off shelves.

2nd. Different sentences taken from their site : in Guild Wars, all characters live in one seamless world. Only one server. North America for us. The game is designed to reward player skill and teamwork, not time spent playing, so you won't need to spend hundreds of hours leveling up your character to compete. Any of 30 combinations of the six professions: Warrior, Ranger, Monk, Elementalist, Mesmer, and Necromancer. With more than 150 unique skills per character. (2 new professions it seems, didn't read the whole thing) for a total of 8.

The game includes integrated support for guilds, with the ability to create unique guild emblems, to acquire guild halls, and to keep in touch through in-game guild messaging. Guilds can challenge other guilds to battle, compete for control of key parts of the world, and be ranked on a worldwide ladder.

Luxons and Kurzicks seems to be ennemies. Only thing I need to know, does it impact on which we chose, and which side do we all chose if it does so we can play together:)

Just bought the Collector's Edition... full of kids stuff, lol. Created a necromancer named Ronce Noir, she'll be on the North American server of course, level 1. You can start off your characters at level 20 for PvP I think. I chose the campaign option for Factions at level 1.

I also have a character named LaRochelle on Eve.

See you online lads.

I went looking for a copy of guild wars yesterday, so far no luck. What expansion will you all be playing? Should I just look for a delux set? Also, I dont have my own computer haha so maybe I should sort that out as well...

The Fellowship of Dark Matters guild is up and active! ;)

Tag [DARK]

At the moment I don't have expansions installed but I'm going to pick up factions today. Woot! /woot

I've got a level 13 Necro at the moment so I'll be able to help folks get started. As soon as I've installed Factions I'll see about adding you folk into the guild. If I recall correctly it's a matter of me sending an invite to you so I'll be needing your game name to do that.

Ok. I'm off to grow the D.a.r.k. piggy bank. See you's soon!

@Cthulhu: Yup, Factions is the best option me thinks. If there is a delux available then that would be best. :D

Guest gogoblender

Hey guys!

Wow, everyone's gettin fast on this one, yee haw!

er...Schot isn't availabel...lol he's been smitten by the gw bug now...fer hours :D

But he's playin online in the first FIRST edition of Guild wars that came out...So Ronce NOir...if you come into that "world" I don't know how it worx, I'll tell him to keep my eye out for you or cut teh power right now so that he'll come visiit our forgotten forum

:D

me?

I"m gonna try and hit future shop today and see whether I can pick up a copy of facttions today.

See ya online guys!

/viking

gogo

p.s.k...I know I know I know this REALLY sux...but if we're gonna play teamlike...someone's gonna have to make some kind of *cough* healing toon

;) @ Crunchie

/whistle

Hehe, ok ok. *minimizes GW* ^_^

I surely will rookie. ;) I've added you to my buddy list. Not sure the game will connect buddy's of 2 different versions but I'll be in factions sometime tonight!

My game name is Schots Bane. /devil

I'm studying up on the guild controls and it looks like I'll need to pay for each invite I make! :D Man, they charge for everything! lol

Not to worry tho. My char has a fair bit of money saved up and I'm makin more moula for later. /thumbsup

Guest gogoblender

Yeah, I was lookin at that ...gak!

lol, EVERY thing costs money!

I wonder if any of us has friends online in this game?

Maybe we can hit up a group for a loan or something?

/devil

gogo

I am experienced in adventuring and player versus player battling. Character names:

Cygnus Arnimane (Monk)

Cygnus Xani (Elementalist)

Shantal Dane (Warrior)

Sionesse Arnimane (Assassin)

Okoni Sendai (Ritualist)

I have access to Prophecies, Faction, and Nightfall when it comes out.

Guest gogoblender

Sorry fer the double post

I"ve writeen some pms over at Clan DA.

I'm hoping that some of their members can maybe come out and help us with all the info we need on starting up this Clan.

I think pretty much the only person that is knowledgable here on this game is Cygnus...

Right?

;)

gogo

p.s Edit:

Cygnus woo ha! I guess yer gonna be our new Guild WArs Consultant!

p.s. Schot and Ronce NOir are online right now actrually...we're just tring to find out whether there is a way to find where a member of yer clan is with the map

confusing, but tons of fun fer now

I'd say first thing first, getting people started and used to Guild Wars. Getting the money together for a guild hall and such can wait until people get going. A guild can be formed without a hall quite early though..so no harm in doing that. The guild leader can assign officers, the guild leader and officers can invite new members or kick people out. I do not have much first hand knowledge of running a guild, since I am only a member.

Later, when the guild is established and members are more comfortable...getting a guild hall and vendors in that hall can become a reality. I recommend people leave at least 1 charatcer slot for a PvP charatcer slot..that can be deleted and created as needed. All PvP charatcers start at level 20 and have access to any skill and items you have unlocked on your account. Roleplaying charatcers only have access to the skills and gear they personally aquire. You roleplaying charatcers and PvP charatcer can unlock skills and items for your entire account.

The Prophecies Campaign is longer and slower level progress and much large area. It you get a lot of free skills by completely quests and is best for people new to Guild Wars.

Factions Campaign is much faster leveling, but thing get much harder much sooner. Only initial quests give skill, after initial training is done..all skill have to be bought or captured. It is best suited for someone with Guild Wars experience.

I would say Prophecies if everyone bought that, however, some people may only buy Factions, thus cannot visit the lands in the Prophecies Campaign...No matter what content people do buy the PvP zones are something everyone can do together regardless.

Guest gogoblender

ahh, intesrerting...each component is a stand alone!

I think I'm gonna buy a deluxe set...

Buying the deluxe set gives me prophecies...which will be eaiser to start off with my toon...and I'll also have factions...which is beuatiful more recent and my toon can probably handle better later on.

but I think also, for those that maybe can't afford it to perhaps just pick up the Factions, if that's all you can afford and we'll do our best I guess with helping out those that are stuck in that one area only.

Cheers!

;)

gogo

p.s. Cyg...the pvp zones...can you battle monsters as well, in those zones? Or is the pvp zones only to take out other players?

Ahh I was hunting around their website and there is no need to go out and find a copy of this game. You can download the game itself for free, and just pay for an account number. Voila! Instant guild wars! This can also be done for guild wars factions as well. Hmm I think I may just do this, despite not having my own computer and moving tomorrow ;)

PvP zones are dediated to battling other players. No missioning or monster content. Guild versus Guild battles, Team Arena, Random Arena, and Hall of Heroes are examples of PvP only. The world content and storyline of where your roleplaying charatcers can go is dictated by what campaigns/expansions you own.

So to answer your question Gogo..in order to hunt monsters, do storyline missions and the like with your roleplaying charatcers together, people must have the same campaigns available.

Guest gogoblender

muhahhahah

ahh, kat...welcome to our parlor!

Well...so far it's

me,

cthulhu,

crunchie,

blue rookie

schot

bhj

and well...heh, we haven't even really gotten goin yet, but the feeling on tis one is good.

I think we're gonna have a big hit here with teh community cuz it's only the game we have to buy and no online fees or monthly.

Did you see the linx to the ingame gameplay videos?

*mwoohahah*

We all want to get online together this weekend, and Schot is gonna captain this Clan :)

lol, jk!

The game is VEYR cool cuz it's like we all get to chat with everyone here online WHILE we are playing the game in the ingame Clan chatroom while we're battling monsters.

Schot and I are looking into a teamspeak server now for Dark matters so that we can all do audio and really get competivie about clanning agaiunst others

To everyone here...this is a VERY different game from ogame or vendetta...it's an inclusive game and we're proud to finally have something like this to offer the community of dark matters.

It's all about having fun, bein online , cracking dirty jokes and sharing donuts.

Everyone here at dark matters can be in this clan.

Even peeps who we like and trust but aren't fellowship but have posted here and have gotten to be acquainted can do an applicaiton for this.

Cheers everyone!

:viking:

gogo

Guest gogoblender

K...this thread is gettin kinda long and a lot of other threads covering different aspects of this new clan have been started.

I'm closing this one and we can all catch different questions in the other ones.

Cheers you guys and see you online!

:)

gogo

Oh I tried sooo hard not to look soooo sooo very hard!!

grrrr /rofl

Hopefully by the weekend I'll be able to add my name to the list of D.a.r.k Players if you'll have me :)