For those who want to increase the Animation of a Certain skill..

You could download the "SACRED MODEL EXTRACTOR"

and swap some animation files.

You could also play as vampiress in a seraphim's body with it. Heck, I changed every character into a seraphim

( I love her :>)

My BFG animation is now between 1-2 seconds long.

I'll post some videos later

• Like! 1
  • 5 years later...

Hey there, I know I'm a couple of years late, but I hope you're still around. I downloaded the sacred model extractor, but I need some sort of "Granny viewer" to view models. The ones I found don't seem to work. So what granny viewer did you use, could you give a link, please?

Hi, thanks for the quick answer. Sadly I'm really dumb at this, so if you have the time, you could give me some tips on how to do this.  So when I run "sacred model extractor" and link this granny viewer, all I get is a prompt to install the viewer. No matter how many times I try, it only wants to install granny viewer again. So I tried saving the animations and opening them in granny viewer, but I always get the message "...grn failed its CRC check, and is likely corrupted." That's my first problem.

And even if I could view them and exchange two animations or models I would still need to pack them back to the models.pak somehow, right? How is that done? Any advice on that would be great too. I read somewhere that .pak files are just renamed .zip files and you can just make a .zip without compression and rename it to .pak. I tried this with a couple of files extracted from sounds.pak, changed them, zipped them back, renamed it to .pak , but they don't work ingame, there's no sound at all, all sounds are gone.

So if you could give a little bit more detailed instructions on how to open and change animations and then pack them back, that would be great! (But thanks anyway, I didn't really expect to get an answer to my post, after all sacred 1 is so old now, but it was great to get such a quick answer!)

I've never modded Sacred 1 so I don't know how to unpack or repack the pak files, sorry.  Granny viewer should be able to open any valid gr2 file.  If you're linking Sacred Model Extractor to granny viewer, make sure you're linking it to the actual program and not the installer.

Yeah this is what I'm talking about. This is how dumb I am. Of course I linked the installer, not the program itself:) So now I link the program, ok, but I still get the "CRC check failed" thing. So any idea what could cause this?

Also you say model extractor should open any valid gr2 extension. But these are .grn files listed there, not .gr2 Maybe this is the problem? Should I try to convert it to gr2 with some converter if there is such a thing? I really have no clue about these things, sorry. I just want to swap two animations in game, and will die trying, if need be. But I won't give up!

59 minutes ago, Sethi22 said:

Also you say model extractor should open any valid gr2 extension. But these are .grn files listed there, not .gr2 Maybe this is the problem?

Haha maybe.  I'm used to saying "gr2" because that's what Sacred 2 uses.  It's likely Sacred 1 uses some older format.  I've never tried to open Sacred 1 models with Granny Viewer  My best guess is that the resulting grn file may be lacking some needed information due to the extraction process. 

If you want to edit an animation you might as well just skip Granny Viewer and try to convert it to some other format that you can open in a 3D modeling program.  I've used grnreader to do this with GR2 meshes from Sacred 2, never with animations though.

Ok, thanks anyway, now I can extract them from the pak and save them at least. That's a start. Now to view them, swap them, and put them back in. It might take a couple of incarnations until I figure these out... :dry: