Sacred 2 - Trouble reaching high levels

Hi peeps,

How are you all today? OK I hope.

Can I pick your oh so wonderful brains for ideas/answers to the following frustrating problem.

Me and my Husband are playing Sacred 2 in multiplayer LAN. We played Sacred the same way and thoroughly enjoyed it. The only thing was there was no ending to Sacred for us. We were just riding through a field and decided to stop because not having a goal was no fun and there are only so many goblins and orcs you can kill in a game before it gets a bit boring. We’ve read reams and reams of info on both games, both on here and Sacred Wiki, and we find people talking about level 150 or 180 or some very high level they have reached. Or there will be a screenshot of a piece of armour at level 100 odd. We reached level 70 or so on Sacred and are currently on levels 43 on Sacred 2, I’m Seraphim and he is a Shadow Warrior, and we are about to finish Wasteland, the final area without the Ice and Blood patch. We can’t for the life of us see how we would be able to get to level 44 never mind higher.

One theory we have is that playing over the internet with multiple players somehow increases your chances of getting to higher levels but we don’t know how.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Banshee

• Like! 1

Yep you need to get to harder level games to level your characters up. Silver enemies get up to level 100. Gold at least 140. Platiinum somewhat higher and Niobium color level has the highest level enemies.

Hi lujate

Thanks for the reply.

We are currently on quest Wasteland which is the final stage of this part of the game. We have Ice and Blood to load yet. We have just completed Epic Office and Easter Egg quests and are looking for more little side quest like that so the game lasts longer. We have also compared the list in the log book of the quests we have completed to the list on Wiki which more or less match up.

We are currently on bronze level 42. Maybe that is the problem. Do you have any idea how we get to niob? Do we have to do silver and gold first? Do we have to start again in niob or can we transfer the current game to it? Apologies for all the questions it’s just we feel we are missing out on a lot of the game.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

In Campaign mode, you advance to the next difficulty by completing the lower difficulty (except for Silver). You can skip Bronze and go straight to Silver. Most people consider Bronze a starter difficulty and finish it only once (if they ever finish it at all).

Hi

We've just logged into the game and realised there was a selection of campaign difficulty and we have now changed it to Silver. We are so mad with ourselves because the amount of times we have passed that screen over the months goes into the hundreds yet we missed it. Thanks for the help again. I'm sure I will need to tap into your knowledge at some time in the not to distant future.

Banshee

• Like! 1

Hi there, just to confirm what the others have said, Bronze is designed as an optional "very easy" difficulty for casual gamers. It's balanced so that the challenge and rewards basically just dry up once your character level reaches the late 30's.

In both Sacred 1 & 2, I typically only use Bronze as a "training round," where I level up to about level. 5, get some basic equipment, and try out a few skills and combat arts, before switching up to Silver difficulty to complete the campaign.

It’s me again.

We went into the game in Silver and we would have to start the game again in Sloeford using the same characters as we had in bronze with all the equipment and stuff but with a blank logbook but we decided to finish the game in bronze as we had come so far and we soon finished and the story teller came up and the tittles rolled.

We are now going to put Ice and Blood on and hopefully play the silver campaign. Another question - if we reach level 60 in Silver do we then get to play in gold for the rest of the game that’s assuming we still have quests at that point?

I’m sorry if my questions are not making much sense it’s just we now realise we have basically been playing a game for the last couple of months a couple of hours per night and now we have to start again in silver to get the full game experience.

We feel a little silly as so many of you now know what numptys we are.

Oh well such is life. We still had a great time because we were doing it together.

Banshee

Each time you enter a new difficulty you basically start the game over. All quests and campaign progress is reset and it's all brand new again, except for your character, who retains all their powers. The enemies and rewards are all increased in each difficulty. Starting with Silver, you have to beat each difficulty level to advance to the next. The levels are: Silver-->Gold-->Platinum-->Niobium. Some people rush through the lower ones so that they can take their time in the higher ones where the rewards are better. Other players take their time and do all the quests in each difficulty (which can take a loooong time). It's up to you.

Also, about Ice and Blood: when you install Ice and Blood, it goes "on top" of the main game so to speak. It makes changes to the whole game, and adds areas that are accessible at almost any time during the main game. (Top left and bottom right corners of the map). So, for example, I have Ice and Blood installed at all times while I play Sacred 2, and then I visit the new areas sometime close to the end of the campaign.

Edited by Flix

The quests for each difficulty are stored separate. When reaching level 60 you could create a gold game, buy some gold equipment or do gold forging, logout, start silver game to continue the quest there.

Hi we loaded Ice and Blood this morning and logged in to find out if all is ok and it is. I'm in love with the carrier imp, I want one! Thanks for your input and helpful replies. I won’t thank you individually but all advice now and in the future is and will be gratefully received. The progression of the game is so obvious I guess we got ourselves in a knot thinking things were harder to achieve than they actually are. We are looking forward to Ice and Blood and we will no doubt spend the most of this weekend playing it (apart from the hours we need to spend pointing our patio slabs). real life so gets in the way of fun. Well visit the two side achievements mentioned by Ysne58 once we finish the main game.

We just had a thought, we can play Ice and Blood as Silver as we are effectively playing a newish game. Ok we will have to revisit some quests, as all the quests we did in Bronze are no longer showing as completed or in the logbook in Silver, to get to the Thylysium’s port to get to one of the two new ports to start the Campaign but we are at a point where we need to have higher level foes. If we are barking up the wrong tree please tell us.

Cheers

Banshee

Hi, That's what we'll do then. We made the decision because of all the help and advice we have received from here. I have a feeling we are going to enjoy our journey even more now.

Cheers.

I think you will. Last time I tried Ice & Blood in bronze the enemies were about level 41 while my character was 46. In silver they will be your level, higher if you have a higher survival bonus. It will be much more challenging so be well prepared.

Hi yes it will be more challenging and we are looking forward to it. We have plenty of health potions, too many we thought, so we should be ok. We will be going in soon and can't wait for the different experience.

:)

Hi all

I just thought I would update by letting you know that I went into Ice and Blood over the weekend in the Silver campaign and it‘s great. The one thing that threw me was my Saber wasn't there. My Husband, the Shadow Warrior's Hellhond (who he calls Fluffy) was there but not mine. Then it dawned on me that I was using the evasion Saber and it must have been this reason why it wasn't there. I had a look in the very trusted Sacred Wiki and the answer was right there. Only the three aspect Sabers were available. So we had to load up the game from the last time we played in bronze, go to the Mount Island and buy an aspect Saber which was then brought into the Silver campaign.

I would just like to add that I am of the opinion that the makers went a bit berserk with the amount of foes, like packs of Felons, and Lupans and the unstoppable Ursaron who did unspeakable damage to my Seraphim and I had to rely on my husband, the Shadow warrior and his army of skeletons to help me on a few occasions. I can’t seem to get my hit point regen quite right and haven’t found that magic addition to my armour or a nice amulet or pendant or even a ring that will give me that bit more help but I’m sure I will get her there in the end.

Cheers

• Like! 1

Hi lujate,

Thanks. I thought that's what everyone has been doing. My game has already been made better by all the help I've had. The help I need at the moment for my Seraphim is how to help my hitpoint amount reach a better level than the 2780 I have at the moment at level 45 in Silver Campaign. I've put amulets/pendants/rings and allsorts into weapons and armour so I have the maximum amount of hitpoints and regen per hit but still seem quite weak. I think the problem has been the transfer from Bronze to Silver. Bronze is a walk in the park compared to Silver so I just need to get a feel for it and hopefully I will use my CAs to full effect and stop almost dying! As always, if there’s anything you can suggest I would be grateful.

Cheers

The best place to start would probably be to post the skills you have selected and the hard points in each. (Hard points are the number of points without any bonuses applied. On PC, you have to take off all your gear for this.)

Hi again

The skills I have selected are as follows

Full gear Stripped

Sword weapons 35 26

Exalted Warrior Focus 21 19

Celestial Magic Lore 13 11

Dual Wield 31 26

Revered Technology Lore 28 23

Armour Lore 26 24

Combat Reflexes 16 14

Tactics Lore 9 7

There are two empty slots left. I currently have 4 points to give the skills but haven’t decided where to put them or even to hold them over for a new skill such as Toughness or Constitution.

You’ll see from them that I settled on Dual Wield, Sword Weapons and Exalted Warrior Focus fairly early on then I started reading other peoples Dual Wield Seraphim skills and tried to apply them and I think this is where my problem starts.

My Attributes are

Strength 157 152

Stamina 156 156

Vitality 161 156

Dexterity 157 157

Intelligence 159 152

Willpower 159 159

She has full set of Endijian’s and Niokaste and some Sofia things and quite a few Justice Pieces. I have tried the sets on her but they are nowhere near the sort of protection a mix and match set gives so she has a number of different ‘makes’ of items on.

My mount is Level 51 and is the Celestial Magic Sabertooth.

My favoured buff is Warding Energy which has 42 memorised runes and is level 19.8 with three modifications, two gold and one silver. I do use Battle Stance which has memorised runes 28, level 24.3. I also use Cleansing Brilliance when in dark areas which has memorised runes 19 and is level 15.4.

My favoured CA’s are Pelting Strikes, Radiant Pillar, Assailing Summersault and Archangels Wrath. I starting applying runes to Flaring Nova on some advice I read but I found it to be a very weak CA even though it has 34 memorised runes and is at level 18.8.

I hope I haven’t swamped you with too much info it’s just I am so grateful of your offer of help I thought I would give as much as I could so you have a overview of my Seraphim and her way of staying alive.

Many thanks.

Hmmm...I feel like you've read an awful lot of buff runes. Are regeneration times for your combat arts very long? In other words are you able to use your CA's regularly? At those levels, Warding Energy will be hitting you with major regeneration penalties and not giving you much protection in return.

I think you might also want to try adding Soul Hammer to your repetoire. You can try making a combo with Soul Hammer + Pelting Strikes. Attack a stronger foe amidst a pack of enemies, and the Soul Hammer nails the tough guy while Pelting Strikes follows up automatically and cleans up the weaker foes.

About skills: The fact that you're heavily using Warding Energy tells me you should consider Revered Technology Focus. You would see huge improvements to you energy shield's power without having to read any more runes (I don't think you should read any more buff runes for a while). Alternatively, Concentration would help those regen times too, and let you use two buffs at once (Battle Stance + Warding Energy would help your fighting power immensely).

For the final skill you might consider a defensive skill. Warding Energy Lore will help you get you more out of your energy shields. Have you tried using Divine Protection on top of Warding Energy for more protection? The only downside is when it runs out it turns off Warding Energy so you have to activate the buff again. Constitution would be a good choice too.

Hi Flix,

Wow, there’s some good advice there. I have been using Assailing Summersault with Pelting Strike and that seemed to work but I’ll try Soul Hammer with Pelting Strike as that sounds like an even better combo. As you say, I have used Divine Protection on top of Warding Energy but again as you say I have to remember to put the buff back on which usually only happens when she almost dies.

The regen times are between 45 and 60 seconds which is just about manageable now there are 5 slots for CAs as I can juggle the CAs that don’t affect each other and put up a good fight.

I am stuck as to what to use for my last two skills though. You have given me advice on four and each one brings a good amount of valuable help. Revered Technology, Concentration, and Constitution or Warding Energy Lore. I’m glad I have 5 levels to go until I have to make that decision.

I was wondering why the enemies were getting through the buff Warding Energy so quickly and you have answered that and many other issues for me.

I’ll change my combo tonight and use Divine Protection with Warding Energy and let you know how it goes.

Thanks alot.

• Like! 1