Sacred 2 - Trouble reaching high levels

Hi,

I've just finished the game for tonight and we went into the Phoenix Nest and my Mount , Saber, has been killed. I don't know how I managed to get my Seraphim out of there but I did. We ended the game and I went back in to see if Saber was at the Start Island but no she's not. I can't just go to the Mount Island and buy another one either if that is the case because I started Ice and Blood in Silver after playing 42 levels of Bronze so to get to the Mount Island I would have to complete all the quests to get there, that would be terrible. Does anyone have any quick fix answer for me?

Thanks

Go back into Bronze, get the mount, then return to silver to play with it. That's what I have done when I've lost a mount at a higher level and not been to mount island yet.

I agree with you Ysne58. That's how I got my Mount in to Silver in the first place it's just I was so shocked to see it die I panicked and posted a little to quickly. I'll get a new Mount before starting the game proper tonight. :)

Oh dear, I've even got carrying a response into my new post wrong. Can anyone please look at my last post and tell me how to quote the person I want to answer instead of making such a mess?

This time I will say thank you.

Can't help you with the quoting since I'm supposed to be at work *ahem*. Don't worry, though. I can still read the question. :-)

Runes and when or when not to use them is not something that can simply be explained even for those who have figured the game out. It has to be experienced for you to truly grasp it. Then there's the fact that personal gameplay style also dictates whether you choose to eat more runes or less. In short, the answer to your question is a bit muddled. However, I can give you some pointers here and there.

Duration of the CA can be used to gauge the amount of runes you want to eat. Check the duration of the CA against the regeneration, both its current and the next level, in order to determine whether or not to eat the rune. Soul Hammer has a very short duration. Dashing Alacrity has a longer one. The latter you can afford to eat more runes compared to the former if CA spam is your goal.

Determine whether the CA is one you can and want to spam over and over again. You can probably say most CAs you wish to spam, but there are cases where, because the fight is situational, that I don't care about regeneration as much as I care about squeezing as much power into that CA for that single moment, like boss fights. Typically that would be those non-permanent buffs like rousing command for the shadow warrior that I would do that.

Figure how often you wish to execute that CA from there. In the beginning, it is difficult to keep CAs regeneration down. As the character grows, however, regeneration becomes much easier to handle especially if you have a focus.

That is all I have for now.

• Like! 1

Oh dear, I've even got carrying a response into my new post wrong. Can anyone please look at my last post and tell me how to quote the person I want to answer instead of making such a mess?

You should be able to just hit the quote button, and then add your text at the very bottom.

Yeah, that's what I though but when I write it comes out at the top. I'll see how this comes out.

You should be able to just hit the quote button, and then add your text at the very bottom.

Banshee, there is an article on how to make your character god-like at Saced Wiki. However, once you have selected a skill, it's too late to turn back, unless, of course you are good friends with Dr. Who. I bulit a near-immortal Seraphim who has never had any resurrections, or close calls,and is at level 134/Platinum. I focused on defensive skills in order to make her more or less invulnerable. I will list the skills below which I used for her and that I recommend for you. Employing the following list, and using a good shield, armour which has max sockets for amulets first, then rings, and last runes, donning her too with armor with high physical and magic, fire, poison, and ice damage protedtion, you won't have to concern yourself with running out of health potions. The best chest armor for your lady is Holy Protection.

WARDING ENERGY LORE

ENHANCED PERCEPTION (needed to aquire BARGAINING)

CONCENTRATION

ARMOUR LORE

SHEILD LORE

BARGAINING

REVERED TECHNOLOGY LORE

REVERED TECHNOLOGY FOCUS

TOUGHNESS

CONSTITUTION

By the time that you reach level 75 you should have WARDING ENERGY mastered. Arguably focusing on one's defensive skills first is best to avoid those nasty resurrections. Your mount should support Revered Technogy for better regen. It's better in my opinion to start over at Silver and get a build which will carry you all the way to the end of the Niobium level than to discover at some point that your toon is too difficult to manage. You may place all of your goodies in the shared chest to pass down to your new build and you may level up fairly quickly when starting in the Silver level. I hope that this helps.

Yeah, that's what I though but when I write it comes out at the top. I'll see how this comes out.

Um.. You could use the arrow keys to move the cursor down. Or you can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to get to the bottom and simply click. This moves the cursor to the bottom...

Banshee, there is an article on how to make your character god-like at Saced Wiki. However, once you have selected a skill, it's too late to turn back, unless, of course you are good friends with Dr. Who. I bulit a near-immortal Seraphim who has never had any resurrections, or close calls,and is at level 134/Platinum. I focused on defensive skills in order to make her more or less invulnerable. I will list the skills below which I used for her and that I recommend for you. Employing the following list, and using a good shield, armour which has max sockets for amulets first, then rings, and last runes, donning her too with armor with high physical and magic, fire, poison, and ice damage protedtion, you won't have to concern yourself with running out of health potions. The best chest armor for your lady is Holy Protection.

WARDING ENERGY LORE

CONCENTRATION

ARMOUR LORE

SHEILD LORE

BARGAINING

REVERED TECHNOLOGY LORE

REVERED TECHNOLOGY FOCUS

TOUGHNESS

CONSTITUTION

By the time that you reach level 75 you should have WARDING ENERGY mastered. Arguably focusing on one's defensive skills first is best to avoid those nasty resurrections. Your mount should support Revered Technogy for better regen. It's better in my opinion to start over at Silver and get a build which will carry you all the way to the end of the Niobium level than to discover at some point that your toon is too difficult to manage. You may place all of your goodies in the shared chest to pass down to your new build and you may level up fairly quickly when starting in the Silver level. I hope that this helps.

Thanks Hooyah, I only have the Blood Forest to do now and I'll have finished. I'll definitely take all of what you have said on board when starting again.

WARDING ENERGY LORE

CONCENTRATION

ARMOUR LORE

SHEILD LORE

BARGAINING

REVERED TECHNOLOGY LORE

REVERED TECHNOLOGY FOCUS

TOUGHNESS

CONSTITUTION

While it's true that EP (or one of the other level 1 General skills) is needed to get to Bargaining, EP is also good on it's own - it increases you chances of finding better goodies in crates and bins and such as well as increases the odds of getting set items, uniques and legendaries and other desirable goodies from quest givers.

That's good to know Ysne58 although I am really impressed with Hooyaa's build for the Seraphim as she sounds invincible and I could certainly do with some of that the next time I build.

I think every player has a different perspective. Some don't want to be without bargaining. I'm just following another path from that.

And yes that build looks pretty darn good.

Edited by Ysne58

Ysne, I just began a new build with the only differences than the one which I described being that will end up without Bargaining and Enhanced Perception. I believe that I will employ Sword Weapons and Tactics Lore instead. It's strange that I started the build just before I read your post.

That's good to know Ysne58 although I am really impressed with Hooyaa's build for the Seraphim as she sounds invincible and I could certainly do with some of that the next time I build.

Thanks for the kind words, Banshee. Be seure to use Artamark's Star if or when it's dropped. I'm always happy to help.

That's ok Hooyaah. Sorry about the misspelling of your name in my last post.

I have the Artamark's Star in the Amulet/Pendant slot of my Equipment. Great addition, armour 125 defence value +21. I Also found body armour, Holy Protection armour 439 which has among other things regen - 6.1% and also wings with regen - 6.1% this has helped bring a couple of CAs to below regen time of 10 and a couple of other below 20 which, at this stage, I'm very please about.

Yes, Holy Prorection is a must for a defensible Seraphim along with with Artamark's Star and Stalwart Safeguard. I built a new Seraphim starting from the beginning thirty hours ago. She's now at level thirty and well on her way. I always obtain her huge moggy as soon as reasonably possible, so she's been riding since level 20. Forget about misspelling my user name, seriously, and good luck to you. Oh, and I think that it's wonderful how you and your hubby play Sacred 2 together, as I can think of few things more romantic than slaying Kobolds as a team in the Copper Peaks or knocking down a few at the Twitty Tister. Happy questing to you both; the fact that you enjoy such things together is a testament to your compatability with one another, Banshee.

Ysne, I just began a new build with the only differences than the one which I described being that will end up without Bargaining and Enhanced Perception. I believe that I will employ Sword Weapons and Tactics Lore instead. It's strange that I started the build just before I read your post.

You could even drop shield lore in exchange for exalted warrior focus and will not only still be defensively viable, but also be able to take the exalted warrior aspect even further and not just by tactics lore alone. The combination of WEL, toughness, and constitution together are powerful as they are.

Thanks for the suggestion Aegis. I suppose that the reason to add Exalted Wattior Focus is to speed regen time for that aspect, so the lady would in effect have two fast renewing specialized combat skill sets to work with. So, taking out Enhanced Perception, Bargaining, and Shield lore, then adding in Exalted Warrior Focus, Sword Lore, and Tactics Lore is what you feel would be a well-rounded approach to build a sturdy but fearsome fighting toon? That appears to be quite sound advice, indeed.

The BFG Seraphim and the really godly hybrid builds revolve around those skills, save that sword weapons would be replaced by another weapon skill (ranged for the BFG and the ranged boss killer, duel wield to really take full advantage of pelting strikes, etc). And as I said, battle stance is considered the go to buff with its enhancements to attack and defense values, plus it is the buff where, when modified, you can reflect melee attacks, so even one point in the exalted warrior focus would do wonders even if your main aspect is the revered technology aspect and you're relying on the BFG. I figure since you went through the trouble of attaining tactics lore and sword lore, might as well add the focus to complete her melee awesomeness. :-)

What type of character are you building? I never myself specced much HP amulets, but IIRC they are good in middle range levels like 50-75 level. Then the HP gets small compared to the already existing HP. Did you take constitution?

Yes, Holy Prorection is a must for a defensible Seraphim along with with Artamark's Star and Stalwart Safeguard. I built a new Seraphim starting from the beginning thirty hours ago. She's now at level thirty and well on her way. I always obtain her huge moggy as soon as reasonably possible, so she's been riding since level 20. Forget about misspelling my user name, seriously, and good luck to you. Oh, and I think that it's wonderful how you and your hubby play Sacred 2 together, as I can think of few things more romantic than slaying Kobolds as a team in the Copper Peaks or knocking down a few at the Twitty Tister. Happy questing to you both; the fact that you enjoy such things together is a testament to your compatability with one another, Banshee.

Hi Hooyaah,

I haven’t come across the Stalwart Safeguard yet but will look out for it. My Seraphim made it to level 50 last night, my Husband and I only have time to play for a couple of hours in the evening, and I am slowly getting the CAs regen time lower and lower and am hoping to take her as far as I can without having to start a new game, that way I can learn by my mistakes and not make them with the next one. I don't think I should have joined this forum as the level of knowledge in here is very overwhelming and when I don't grasp what is being said I feel stupid. I’ll stick to reading forums in the future!

You are right about my husband and me. We do everything together and when we started playing Sacred he was delighted I was enjoying it. I can’t imagine not playing it with him now.

Twitty Tister is just one example of the detail they put into these games. The bones and skulls at the back of the building were amazing. There are so many wonderful places that visiting it all again is a must in order to appreciate the work that’s gone into it.

The one thing I want to know is who designed the Werewolves? All the other creatures in Sacred are true to what they are or what we think they are like the zombies or the skeletons but the Werewolves always make me laugh. I don’t think the designer has read many books or watched many werewolf films. Where did the way they walk come from?

In an earlier post you mentioned putting spare stuff into the shared chest and starting again. How is the shared chest still around in a new game?

Thanks Banshee.