Diablo 3 Auction Houses Shutting Down!

Well considering the RM Auction House was reviled as an obvious cash-grab it's about time it got the axe. Now if only they'd remove the online-only DRM (a man can dream....)

What!?!

I won't be able to play Auction Quest anymore :eek: Does that mean they are going to fix the loot drops?

(tried link but their website is down for maintenance right now, and it seems D3 forums too)

edit: searched around a bit and found the story.....guess they're coming out with a patch for loot at some point called 'Loot 2.0'. If that makes grinding for gear a worthwhile endeavor (for the first time in this game) then I will probably get back into it and get expansion.

Main reason I stopped is because I felt I HAD to use auction house to progress through the difficulties, especially in HC

• Like! 1

Main reason I stopped is because I felt I HAD to use auction house to progress through the difficulties, especially in HC

that's exactly the same reason why I left D3 to rot. but it has left such a bitter feeling about blizzard that I probably won't be able to come back to it even though the obstacle is removed. I don't even know whether my account is still existing, whether it wasn't hacked or stolen or whatnot.

• Like! 1

You guys already have it and playing>? :bounce:

How addicted r u

Is there a hc? or just SC? levels still go to 100?

Yea, it's absolutely fantastic and addictive with all the new loot drops :) There's both HC and SC, but I've been really enjoying the relaxation of the SC. Yup, there's still paragon levels to 100 as well :D

• Like! 1

Actually, with the AH being taken out of the pc... will that mean that both versions console and pc will be the same? wll both versions have same loot drops>?

I LOVE sc

:)

gogo

Yeah, blizzard is planning on bringing Loot 2.0 to PC's at some point before the expansion, how much befoer though who knows? But it's meant to mean less drops but more high quality drops, a chance for smarter drops I.e. weapons not dropping with other classes main stat, legendaries dropping at any item level not just the one like now, buffed legendaries and a high chance (almost guaranteed?) of a legendary from your first kill of some main bosses...I think thats about it.

• Like! 1

So I heard there's no always-online DRM on the console releases. Maybe that means removing from the PC is a possibility.

That's neat/weird... so peeps can play diablo 3 on their consoles, in a kind of SP? Are they allowed to bring these toons to an mp environment, or it remains solely sp?

gogo

So I heard there's no always-online DRM on the console releases. Maybe that means removing from the PC is a possibility.

That's neat/weird... so peeps can play diablo 3 on their consoles, in a kind of SP? Are they allowed to bring these toons to an mp environment, or it remains solely sp?

gogo

Nah, they can play local SP or MP online/couch co-op. But I'm pretty sure blizzard said no to offline play again since announcing the AH removal so no change on that front I guess.