Hay is for horses so I'll just say hello :D

For all technical purposes I joined Dark Matters a couple weeks back. My uncle was in an accident at work involving a sizable work truck. (He's off the ventilator and doin just find now :D) And now I've caught a cold so I decided with things relatively calm and the like now would be a good time to introduce myself.

I started gaming at a young age. Infact my first game was Diablo 1 (The game is older then I am myself.. Wow.) My second was either Diablo 2 or Sacred 1. Can't quite remember anymore.. I'm very indiscriminate in game choice. I'll have as much fun playing a FPS as I will a RTS or RPG. I've always had to game on an office PC or laptop. That has really limited my choices but I believe it has brought me closer to the classics. Games Such as Half-Life 1 Diablo 1 Sacred 1 Civ 2 and many others.

I just recently upgraded my GPU and now I'm ready to run pretty much anything I please.

HDD : 500 GB (That I somehow managed to fill completely.)
RAM : 5 GB (PC is old enough for it to be DDR2 not sure though.)
CPU : AMD Phenom Dual core 2.7 GHz
GPU : nVidia GeForce 440 2 GBs of graphic memory. (For 60$ to!)

And on to Sacred.

I enjoy the Daemon and Dwarf perhaps the most of all classes. Flying to spots you're not spose to go to with the Daemon. Being a Dwarven merchant with access to awesome gear. Running faster then my horse with the Daemon. Not being able to ride a horse with my Dwarf :P.

At this point in the post the meds seem to be kicking in as I slowly pass out. I'll check back in when I wake up! Lookin forward to joining you guys.

~DEADLYPOTATOV98

Edited by DEADLYPOTATOV98
  • Like! 1

Welcome to DarkMatters...!

What irony... The last two characters I've played in Sacred 1 were - the Daemon and Dwarf. If I had to choose - I'd go with the Dwarf as he's got some fairly amusing lines - "Smoke me a goblin, I'll be back in time for breakfast."

I also see you're a fan of Vista. I used to be as well, but, these days I like Windows 7 better. I find 7 to have pretty much everything Vista has to offer - and is much snappier in getting things done.

Feel better soon!

• Like! 1

A epic intro. Love honesty over all else. Sorry to hear of your uncle, even though I have never known the man. I however am close to *sizeable work truck* within the industry I work. If he was on a ventilator, one can imagine the overall mayhem.

Nuff' said. Enjoy the show. It only gets better!

I remain, Etherian

• Like! 1

For all technical purposes I joined Dark Matters a couple weeks back. My uncle was in an accident at work involving a sizable work truck. (He's off the ventilator and doin just find now :D) And now I've caught a cold so I decided with things relatively calm and the like now would be a good time to introduce myself.

I started gaming at a young age. Infact my first game was Diablo 1 (The game is older then I am myself.. Wow.) My second was either Diablo 2 or Sacred 1. Can't quite remember anymore.. I'm very indiscriminate in game choice. I'll have as much fun playing a FPS as I will a RTS or RPG. I've always had to game on an office PC or laptop. That has really limited my choices but I believe it has brought me closer to the classics. Games Such as Half-Life 1 Diablo 1 Sacred 1 Civ 2 and many others.

I just recently upgraded my GPU and now I'm ready to run pretty much anything I please.

HDD : 500 GB (That I somehow managed to fill completely.)

RAM : 5 GB (PC is old enough for it to be DDR2 not sure though.)

CPU : AMD Phenom Dual core 2.7 GHz

GPU : nVidia GeForce 440 2 GBs of graphic memory. (For 60$ to!)

And on to Sacred.

I enjoy the Daemon and Dwarf perhaps the most of all classes. Flying to spots you're not spose to go to with the Daemon. Being a Dwarven merchant with access to awesome gear. Running faster then my horse with the Daemon. Not being able to ride a horse with my Dwarf :P.

At this point in the post the meds seem to be kicking in as I slowly pass out. I'll check back in when I wake up! Lookin forward to joining you guys.

~DEADLYPOTATOV98

Love the intro and the "only gets better part" ! Intros are probably one of my favorite parts of forum, love seeing how much us as community have in common. Thanks for the writeup, and a hearty Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

p.s. Actually took me a while to get into Underworld, but for a wee while, I was fanatical for the Daemon and that devastating Tentacle build. Discs were pretty addictive as well ^^

gogo

Hi and welcome to you.

Hope your uncle heals up and gets back on his feet real soon, and also that your cold clears up.....................it's that time of year !

Good luck with yer gaming.

Steve. :)

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything is going great. Been smooth sailing recently. I have some time now to make a post so why not? What do some of you guys do/enjoy? Also. I was wondering if the community had a voice communication software such as Teamspeak Vent or some many others. I'm interested in what you guys do together and this like that.

~DEADLYPOTATOV98

I think some of the members here use it Michael, myself, I'm usually just a fan of the type n'go, but for different games, I know team speak has turned out to be pretty useful, maybe in guild wars 2?

You'd have to do a search to see who has it goin.

Is there a game yer currently playing now that you're set up for it in?

gogo

I think some of the members here use it Michael, myself, I'm usually just a fan of the type n'go, but for different games, I know team speak has turned out to be pretty useful, maybe in guild wars 2?

You'd have to do a search to see who has it goin.

Is there a game yer currently playing now that you're set up for it in?

gogo

If you mean set up for it as in having the server software set up in then yes. I Administrate to a clan in a game called Battlefield Play4free. We have a server on a software called Raidcall. We play more then just FPSs though. (Atleast I do) So technically I'm set for any game. Out of respect for this community I'll withhold posting information about it as I know some communities don't like when others "Advertise" in their community without permission.

EDIT : Brain.exe ERROR missing file in "Post.dll" (Basically I hit post before I should have xD)

Edited by DEADLYPOTATOV98