Sacred 2 Flags of Ancaria - now live

Alright Flags page is live. It's not fancy-formatted yet, I basically just dumped everything on there so it could all be in one place. More updates to come as I sort through everything I have and ID the factions they belong to.

Anyone that spots these flags in-game and can say the race/kingdom/faction that they belong to, please post it here!

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Sorry, but this is WAY to awesome to leave as link in wiki updates... this page is AMAZING. I remember Knuckles bringing this up years ago as a project he'd always wanted to make time for, but to see it actually come live showcases some fo the best art in this game.

14vmo9y.jpg

Well done Flix!

I look at all this art all the work, and ascaron now gone

Breaks my heart

oh dear, a sad/joyous moment

:)

gogo

Well, hold onto your hat because it's about to get a massive update today. I'm going to ask for everybody's help in identifying the races and factions these flags belong to because some of them I just can't remember.

Yep this was Knuckles' idea, and he mentioned it at the perfect moment, because it intersected with my work on the Races and Regions pages, as well as my rummaging through the game files to find the paintings and artwork for a really neat "Art of Ancaria" page I'm going to create soon.

• Like! 1

Ah ha... I knew it... you're addicted to the games pix files!

:lol:

gogo

p.s. I think Knuckles was musing about Houseplants of Ancaria too? :D

Coming soon: Rocks of Ancaria! You won't believe the awesome hi-res lichen pics I found! :4rofl:

Ok, the 1st major step (beyond all the image work I've been doing on my computer) is done: they're all uploaded to the Wiki and loosely organized. I played it a little loose with the definition of 'flag': insignia that showed up shields or uniforms also made it on the page.

Before I start finding places to put them on various pages, I'm going to spend some time ID'ing WHO exactly flies these flags. Eventually, each image will hopefully have a caption.

Anyone that spots these flags in-game and can say the race/kingdom/faction that they belong to, please post it here!

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Page just keeps getting better and better :bounce: I hope there's some feedback on precise areas to help out with the documenting as well. I keep going back to this page... some of the work is just genius, must been on something good!!

:4rofl:

gogo

• 6 months later...

It's a been a while since the successful addition of this page to the Wiki, but every now and then I remember...there's a few mysterious flags that we never identified. I spotted one of them today in Thylysium:

CYU7nF4.jpg

It's on a street with healers, alchemists, priests, etc. So maybe it has some kind of connection to the magical arts. Or maybe it's just randomly there for "flavor." The flag doesn't seem connected to a major faction like some other High Elf Flags.

Here are some more "unknowns" that maybe someone has spotted. Hopefully something will click for some reader out there.

High Elf Flags

Flag_heraldry_004.jpgHeraldry.jpgFlag_heraldry_006.jpgFlag_heraldry_007.jpgFlag_heraldry_008.jpg

Human Flags

Flag_hu_banner_007.jpgFlag_hu_banner_004.jpg

Flag_hu_banner_010.png

I'm just guessing at the races based on the shape and style of the flags.

>"...It's on a street with healers, alchemists, priests, etc..."

This flag looks like a general High Elven crest shape goined by a saintly/priestly figure, and it appears on the street inhabited by priests, so it might be a crest of "good" Elven priesthood. In Thylysium you also find a few Light Path quests given by Priests, asking you to free slaves or find food for the poor. Which means that not all of Elven priests are with Ker and Inquisition. The Inquisition crest is well known, and this one you spotted is probably the counterpart. This flag isn't seen much outside of Thylysium, but then again, most towns in Tyr Lysia are just one street, so they don't have sectors for different kinds of people.