Funny/Interesting Sacred 2 Screenshots

Yeah mate, thanks for clearing that out. I've read before about that SW trick, and as well of that modification to CS. didn't even occur to me to use them that way but they'd definitely do the trick. Still, how do you keep them alive when you do have to fight? High level bosses against a tiny toon with low skill points can't be fun I reckon, unless you're using a full stash already prepared to cover up the distance. It would have to be one hell of a stash though!

On-topic, cool pics as usual. ;)

I have my High Elf full-on tweaked with Chance to Halve Regeneration Time at 100%, for one thing. This allows one to "eat" more Glacial Thorn runes and allows for some ultra high damage potential. Add also some of the "additional damage" modifier via rings, especially ice and physical for a nice boost and then, "Opponent Level for Death Blow" to about 60+ doesn't hurt either. Finally, I use the Faladal's set, the Sigil set "KilthEmAl," Glacial Defender, and Nlovae's Mystery, each of which significantly increases the range at which you can fling the damaging Glacial Thorns. Because your toon is further away and the boss monsters don't "see" your toon, you should be safe enough. Still, being half the target's level, it takes much longer to bring a behemoth such as Nameless Guardian down. There is an advantage to getting to Niob early, of course, one may wish to shop for better equipment, and jewelry, all of which may be passed down to a player at the Gold or Silver level. One may make an adjustment in the quest.txt file and have anything drop as a reward. I just had Faladal's set, the Sigil set KilthEmAl, Glacial Defender, and Nlovae's Mystery all drop, at or above level 45, all of which had the Niob level attributes which are far better modifiers. There's a thread about that too. Or, you could PM me if you want more info.

Really loving the convo you're having here guys, great for all players just getting into this game.

Riches!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Yeah mate, thanks for clearing that out. I've read before about that SW trick, and as well of that modification to CS. didn't even occur to me to use them that way but they'd definitely do the trick. Still, how do you keep them alive when you do have to fight? High level bosses against a tiny toon with low skill points can't be fun I reckon, unless you're using a full stash already prepared to cover up the distance. It would have to be one hell of a stash though!

I have my High Elf full-on tweaked with Chance to Halve Regeneration Time at 100%, for one thing. This allows one to "eat" more Glacial Thorn runes and allows for some ultra high damage potential. Add also some of the "additional damage" modifier via rings, especially ice and physical for a nice boost and then, "Opponent Level for Death Blow" to about 60+ doesn't hurt either. Finally, I use the Faladal's set, the Sigil set "KilthEmAl," Glacial Defender, and Nlovae's Mystery, each of which significantly increases the range at which you can fling the damaging Glacial Thorns. Because your toon is further away and the boss monsters don't "see" your toon, you should be safe enough. Still, being half the target's level, it takes much longer to bring a behemoth such as Nameless Guardian down. There is an advantage to getting to Niob early, of course, one may wish to shop for better equipment, and jewelry, all of which may be passed down to a player at the Gold or Silver level. One may make an adjustment in the quest.txt file and have anything drop as a reward. I just had Faladal's set, the Sigil set KilthEmAl, Glacial Defender, and Nlovae's Mystery all drop, at or above level 45, all of which had the Niob level attributes which are far better modifiers. There's a thread about that too. Or, you could PM me if you want more info.

Again, awesome explanation! :drool:

I thought you'd have modded the game's files to suit your needs, but it seems that apart from the gear requirements this build can be made without modding anything (apart from CS as a permanent buff). Very cool indeed! ;)

Just one thing though. I though Deathblow didn't work with spell-based or hybrid CAs, just with weapon-based CAs. Or are you just using that for when they get close and you need to hit them in melee?

Edited by Androdion

Again, awesome explanation! :drool:

I thought you'd have modded the game's files to suit your needs, but it seems that apart from the gear requirements this build can be made without modding anything (apart from CS as a permanent buff). Very cool indeed! ;)

Just one thing though. I though Deathblow didn't work with spell-based or hybrid CAs, just with weapon-based CAs. Or are you just using that for when they get close and you need to hit them in melee?

The only reason that my High Elf carries a weapon is for the modifiers that enhance her combat arts. Nlovae's Mystery offers three very helpful ones indeed. Increased Combat Art Range, decreased Regeneration Time, and increased Casting Speed are not the only nice things about this weapon, it is a single-handed weapon that allows one to employ a shield and it has two gold sockets for additional modifiers, such as plus All Skills and/or Chance to Halve Regeneration Time. The only time she hits an opponent with her weapon is merely by accident. By the way, quite a number of items and weapons have been added to the download section. You may obtain Nlovae's Mystery here: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Nlovae's_Mystery

that's interesting...is there "school" in all of Ancaria... a specific building?

gogo

All that construction work by the Thylysium portal is a future school being built. It's part of the Light path quest where you help out with funds for it.

• Like! 1

thanks guys for the great info...lol I remember that quest now... they spelled the word omelette wrong in the quest title...took us a while to coming up with the naming convention after that one "game is god"

:4rofl:

gogo

• Like! 1

thanks guys for the great info...lol I remember that quest now... they spelled the word omelette wrong in the quest title...took us a while to coming up with the naming convention after that one "game is god"

:4rofl:

gogo

U.S. spelling is Omelet I think. They did tend to go with U.S. spelling for the English localizations, e.g., "Armor" instead of "Armour." Agreed on the wisest choice for the Wiki is to follow exactly how it's written in-game.

• Like! 1

u know...it's only when you read dialogue like this in quests that you really sink into the beauty of the game... reading it now, I get a whole new sensation of understanding...

for example chef poul brotheuse...did you guys know that could be loosely translated into english from French as

"chicken broth" ... literally? :4rofl: genius ...

and his dialogue itself... so saucy... the writers did not hold back when it came to any kind of seks innuendo! !

Fetch Poul Brotheuse's herbs.

Zese 'orrible barbarians! How dare zey steal from me, ze greatest chef of all time! Women offer me zeir virginity just for a taste of my wonderful pudding. Kings have cried into my mousse. Ascetics turn into gluttonous sinners over my cooking. And ze most terrible zing is zat I am expecting a visitor today. He is a gourmet of impeccable reputation. If 'e judges my omelet harshly, it could be ze end of my career. I need my 'erbs and wonderful essences to make my world famous omelet.

Ze caravan zat carried the 'erbs was ambushed east of 'ere. Will you go zere and teach zese barbarians some manners?

ah, that's it...I remember Paul Bocuse from France's most prestigious cullinary tournament the http://www.bocusedor.com/en... evidently self named :P hmmm, now that I think about this you make me think that this could have been mentionned as an Easter Egg in the Wiki...I'll have to check...it would be so clever if this were indeed a triple pun Easter Egg

gogo

• Like! 1