Funny/Interesting Sacred 2 Screenshots

Has anyone else noticed that when ones enemies are vanquished they descend downward after a few moments into the nothingness below? This may only be observed if your player character's elevation is above that of your slain opponent(s) and the zoom curve is set just so. This allows one to see this interesting occurrence which continues to function, the bodies moving downward, even if the game is paused. Here (shown below) are a few examples, the screenshots of which were captured during my recent visit to Christmas Island.

DYDlxIw.png

lmeGdM2.png

EQ6d7D1.png

ZDmemPT.png

L1aYujb.png

Above, you may observe the Grinch's remains under the ground's surface as it moved downward into certain and complete oblivion.

There's something kinda spookey about this, hahah...like...like they're going to hell? I dont think I've actually noticed this effect myself...at least not in Sacred 2...however... and here it is...I DID notice it when in the new Marvel movie Civil War, Wanda Maximoff finds her having to take on one of the most power powerful of all the Avengers, Vision... which of course had us thinking, no way... and SPOILERS HERE FOR THIS NEXT FIVE SECONDS DONT click...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGLkLnpOyeA

WOW

:D

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

iD5342O.png

"Dear Journal, I am truly enjoying my new, 'pet dragon,' mount; do you notice the 'vapor trail' from my sword? It is regrettable that I cannot strafe foes with death from above using Incendiary Shower. However, flying around Ancaria this way is so much fun and the juvenile residents in small towns often ask if they can pet my dragon. That reminds me I have not decided on a name for her..."

• Like! 1

iD5342O.png

"Dear Journal, I am truly enjoying my new, 'pet dragon,' mount; do you notice the 'vapor trail' from my sword? It is regrettable that I cannot strafe foes with death from above using Incendiary Shower. However, flying around Ancaria this way is so much fun and the juvenile residents in small towns often ask if they can pet my dragon. That reminds me I have not decided on a name for her..."

If you choose a name, I love the styles they have for the dragons in the dungeons and dragons books ... I think my favorite was Tiamat

gogo

• Like! 1

5lETXPj.png

Flix's Reduced Fog Mod really adds a lot to what one may see in the game; here is an example of a view of the Thylysium Senate building (in the background) from the market by the harbor. If one does some bit of camera modification, in options and the slider's, the "pop in" of structures and other elements may be greatly minimized or avoided for the most part. There is so much detail to be appreciated in the game and with all of the available modifications it's relatively easy to make the game more enjoyable. This is a boon, especially for they who have played Sacred 2 so long as to truly appreciate a way to add a new feel and dimension to the game.

Loved reading your write up about the detail. This also got me looking more carefully at the food upon the table. What is that, some sort of pie and a rack of ribs? There must exist somewhere a Wiki of all the foods cooked and presented in this game...

:lol:

gogo

p.s. If I were looking to entertain guests in a five star restaurant, Hooyah... do you have a suggestion? Is there a bar or tavern in Ancaria so disposed and reputable of high quality cookery?

gogo

• Like! 1

5lETXPj.png

Flix's Reduced Fog Mod really adds a lot to what one may see in the game; here is an example of a view of the Thylysium Senate building (in the background) from the market by the harbor. If one does some bit of camera modification, in options and the slider's, the "pop in" of structures and other elements may be greatly minimized or avoided for the most part. There is so much detail to be appreciated in the game and with all of the available modifications it's relatively easy to make the game more enjoyable. This is a boon, especially for they who have played Sacred 2 so long as to truly appreciate a way to add a new feel and dimension to the game.

Loved reading your write up about the detail. This also got me looking more carefully at the food upon the table. What is that, some sort of pie and a rack of ribs? There must exist somewhere a Wiki of all the foods cooked and presented in this game...

gogo

p.s. If I were looking to entertain guests in a five star restaurant, Hooyah... do you have a suggestion? Is there a bar or tavern in Ancaria so disposed and reputable of high quality cookery?

gogo

Indeed Gogo, to answer your query regarding fine dining in Ancaria, there are numerous choices from which to decide. However, today I have selected only two, for they are the ones which I feel are the most worthy of mention. Many among elves and humans suggest the buffet at the Inn, yet it is not my recommendation for the most discriminating of palates. Although there are certainly other options which are notable for serving epicurean cuisine, I now direct you to the following, primarily for their reputations for the best dining, their convenient locations, and the overall regaling experience that they have to offer:

3LR8IJp.png

If you are near Bengaresh, you must visit the tavern there. For that is where you will find the friendly landlord, Cenuil, who is quite a very talented chef. All of his guests are treated as family and it is clear that he does everything possible to make the dining experience pleasant and memorable. He is the one who has discovered a new spice called garlic, with which he makes a lovely cream sauce that he marries with fire-roasted chicken. It is simply marvelous; you really must try it!

G97xv8J.png

My earlier photo was taken just outside of the Blue Fox Tavern. It is conveniently located just adjacent to the Senate and the senators, members of the High Council, and other members of the aristocracy and wealthy elites dine there regularly. It is a bit on the expensive side, but well worth the investment in gold. There is dining alfresco and by candlelight, dancing nightly, and the most desirable and talked about fare of any location in Ancaria. There is mouth-watering oven broiled beef and pork ribs, baked chicken, meat pies and quiche, and fruits, nuts, and vegetables of most any sort. The soft and tasty bread is freshly baked and the piping hot loaves are served drizzled with melted butter. Of course, the ales and wines are the best in the land as well, as Thylysium is well known for its high culture and abundance of all the best of what the world has to offer. So, there you have it until next time, this has been an episode of "Travels And Dining In Ancaria," with your humble host, Hooyaah.

Bravo Hooyah! What a wonderful journey through Ancaria's gourmet delights... all awaiting The Modern Diner!

And The Blue Fox Tavern? I feel like Im watching Top Chef!

:hugs:

gogo

• Like! 1

My hat brings all the TGs to the yard,

They're like, its way better than mine!

So much that were gonna cry :'(

9DJqDBP.png

And when you have so much OCD that you must colour co ordinate your skills:

3jdOZH1.png

heh, bhav I thought I'd seen pretty much every collection and assortment done in this game because of the huge number of choices for armor and items...but never though I'd see skill colors being paid such attention to for a "perfect" play experience.

gogo

• Like! 1

"Continuing my report in regards to the best dining establishments in Ancaria, I direct you to a delightful culinary experience that is second to none. It is owned by none other than the famous chef, Poul Brothuse, who also owns the Blue Fox Tavern of which I spoke in our last episode."

xRH6GaD.png

"Today, I met him at The Laughing Counter during his regular morning visit. He dropped off a very special pouch full of herbs and gave them to the manager to season something that comes highly recommend; I insist that you try it. It is reputed to be "the best omelet of them all" and it is served at any hour, as The Laughing Counter is always open for business. Poul bid me farewell, mentioning that he had numerous errands to make, including visiting the local produce merchants, butchers, and fish mongers to order deliveries to stock his restaurants. One of his friendly staff delivered a barrel of ale that Poul had requisitioned earlier while I was there enjoying breakfast."

IKDyYOT.png

"The Laughing Counter has seating for fifty two persons. Inside the restaurant there are three tables with seats for four and four seats at the bar and nine tables seating four each outside (dining alfresco is all the rage, especially here in Thylysium). Inside the kitchen are two huge brick ovens for roasting meat, baking pies, and cooking Poul's numerous other wondrous creations. There are large pots used in the preparation of the most delightful of stews and soups. There are wines on hand of the highest quality and always kept in plentiful supply. Members of the nobility, clergy, and citizens of privilege and wealth may be observed making merry here on a nightly basis, leaving little doubt as to where the restaurant obtained its name."

aG71emX.png

"Finally, I just had to bring you outside to show you the relaxing and enchanting beauty and charm of the exterior seating area. It is rich with lush plants and beautiful and sweet-smelling flowers in varieties nearly too numerous to count, especially after a couple of rounds. Just a little joke there... oh well, forget it. Oh, I did not wish to forget to mention to you that there are a number of extra chairs outside that may be moved to tables with parties of more than four guests. This is especially helpful when it becomes particularly busy here."

"So dear audience, there you have it once again. Until next time, this has been an episode of "Travels And Dining In Ancaria," with your humble hostess, Miluiel"

I had to read your article a few times to fully feel the rendering you'd put together for us about how what's eaten where occurs in lush surroundings...and served by the illustrious chef Poul no less! Hooyah, I'm thinking Lego is going to approach you to design a new Lego building for Sacred 2 Dining establishments, you have the details down pat

Thanks for this mornings lazy, delightful Sunday read

:hugs:

gogo

• Like! 1