Funny/Interesting Sacred 2 Screenshots

2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

B5TFGh2.jpg

"Dear Journal, today in a remote location near the foot of the mountains in Grunwald, I discovered a camping site where a cute little fox was soundly sleeping. The campfire was cold and because of the close proximity of the prolific mushrooms to its edge, I determined that it had been at least a couple of days since any soul had been there. Furthermore, I concluded that it had likely been a human who had camped here and had provided some portion of food to this adorable vulpine creature and that it has been patiently waiting in this area for yet another visit from its generous benefactor. I regressed from the area stealthily, so as not to disturb the inherently timid creature, hence frightening it not from another potential meal. I believe that I would like having such an animal for a pet one day, and by that I mean the darling and diminutive animal, as I generally find most humans to be wholly insufferable."

In the game is the fox always sleeping? Are we sure it's just sleeping and not a corpse?

:blink:

gogo

Great work with the research, Hooyaah!

I guess Ancaria has been visited for many many years over the past, and  by hardy sea farers no less

:D

gogo

p.s. your info make me think of disney's new movie about "the journey"
...  Moana!

16 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

^ Thank you for the praise, Gogo. That research, was performed some years ago at the time I was engaged in the process of obtaining a degree in visual Fine Arts, I merely accessed it at the time directly preceding my post from encoded storage in areas of my cerebral cortex. I found my studies of historical primitive art to be quite fascinating.

sTVWWV1.jpg

"Dear journal: I encountered a delightful geyser this day in a volcanic area off the coast of the Dragon Sea; I timed its period at approximately twenty five seconds. It is located not far from the village of the Orc-Thag clan where the orcs, much to my amazement, have settled, living directly adjacent to a live volcano which is constantly seeping lava directly into the ocean. Do they not know that a full eruption could easily decimate their village before they could flee to a safe distance? Perhaps, they merely do not care. Either way, I doubt that I will bother to inquire about this subject, for even the most pleasant of orcs are seldom interested in engaging in cordial conversation or replying to the queries of others outside of their clan.

The geyser fascinates me... think it's timed to any real geyser in the world?

good idea to not be too pushy with questions to the inhabitants

:lol:

gogo

16 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

wzjCwm7.jpg

Above is another fox sighting which I posted here in this forum previously. In my observation, the fox appears alive and resting comfortably in this context and setting. If one inspects it closely it even appears to be smiling.

2tRgUKh.jpg

However, in the above example, we find the poor little creature in a cage accompanied by a rabbit carcass. It is doubtful that the lizard-men are keeping it as a pet and have left a rabbit feast for the time at which it awakens from slumber. Additionally, it's mouth is open slightly and its color is a grey-brown shade, not reddish as above, and its body is in a slightly different position than the fox above. What we have, as I have noted, are two contradistinctions of a small vulpine creature.

poor thing got caught... on the menu as Mcfoxnuggets...

:o

:cry:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2017 at 8:13 PM, Hooyaah said:

hoUX1BJ.jpg

"Dear Journal, after I decorated the Christmas tree the children were oh, so excited. They were laughing, running around the tree, and playing games. I am concealing this Christmas card within your pages so that I will never forget this Christmas Eve, for if I live a thousand years longer, I doubt that there will be one as joyful as this. I have got to go now, for after I place this candy cane upon a low bough for any of the children to take, I shall make hot cocoa and bake some scrumptious gingerbread men. The lovely gingery aroma will surely last in the cabin throughout the entire evening and into the wee hours of Christmas morning and perhaps until the time we will all open our presents. So, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a... good night! I forgot to pick up the packages for everyone from the Christmas Ogre's cave. Yet, no worries, for there is still plenty of time. May the spirit of Christmas be with you all, every one!"

One of my favorite singular moments in the game.  Best Quests with the best music ... for anyone who got this free addon around Christmas time, it was like a prezzie from the Devs.  great capture Hooyaah

:)

gogo

• 2 months later...

"Greetings and Felicitations, this is your hostess and travel writer, Tarellethiel with yet another installment of Dining In Ancaria. Today we return to Griffinborough, where I shall be reviewing the remaining three tavern restaurants here. My good friend Aramelith has previously reviewed the first place to dine, drink, and sleep, The Screaming Wife, if you would like, you may see what she wrote here."

hqCf04E.jpg

"Let us begin with an establishment which I would in no way recommend, The Balderdash. Just recently the proprietor, let's just call him, "Eddie," was arrested for the illegal gambling den which was functioning in the basement of the inn. It appears that the all of the operations here have been suspended, which is the first of several reasons why I would steer clear of this place, well, at least for the time being."

630fiPr.jpg

"It must mentioned that I will not be referring to the basement going forward in my review, as it has been closed by the authorities. My hope is that a new owner shall open the inn yet again and utilize the cellar as the dining area, as it is vast and could be romantic at night with some fashionable decor and some well-placed candles for lighting and ambience. So then, above ground the interior is quite small and the lower floor has seating for only two (three persons if you do not mind being cramped). There is food and drink available, yet nothing is prepared on site. Cold bread, some fruit, and dried meat was all that was available during my brief visit. There was a small amount of seating outside which might be rather pleasant for dining were the current conditions not what they are."

VGwBwv5.jpg

"The upstairs, devoted to overnight guests, was a bit cramped and allowed sleeping accommodations for only four. A small table with two chairs was furnished as well."

rauLPmA.jpg

"Before leaving the area, I had a short conversation with a soldier who had the rather objectionable duty of overseeing someone being burned at the stake just outside the inn. I inquired as to whether the poor soul was "Eddie" and he replied that he was not at liberty to discuss such things. He then mentioned that his duty shift ended in a few hours and asked if I would enjoy dining with him at The Stuffed Stag. I politely refused his generous offer, yet he insisted in telling me his name and asked me to contact him the next time I was in town so that we could share a bottle of fine wine; he seemed very interested in hearing all about my exploits; I doubt that he has that much free time."

• Like! 1
On 3/15/2018 at 0:04 PM, Hooyaah said:

"Greetings and Felicitations, this is your hostess and travel writer, Tarellethiel with yet another installment of Dining In Ancaria. Today we return to Griffinborough, where I shall be reviewing the remaining three tavern restaurants here. My good friend Aramelith has previously reviewed the first place to dine, drink, and sleep, The Screaming Wife, if you would like, you may see what she wrote here."

hqCf04E.jpg

"Let us begin with an establishment which I would in no way recommend, The Balderdash. Just recently the proprietor, let's just call him, "Eddie," was arrested for the illegal gambling den which was functioning in the basement of the inn. It appears that the all of the operations here have been suspended, which is the first of several reasons why I would steer clear of this place, well, at least for the time being."

630fiPr.jpg

"It must mentioned that I will not be referring to the basement going forward in my review, as it has been closed by the authorities. My hope is that a new owner shall open the inn yet again and utilize the cellar as the dining area, as it is vast and could be romantic at night with some fashionable decor and some well-placed candles for lighting and ambience. So then, above ground the interior is quite small and the lower floor has seating for only two (three persons if you do not mind being cramped). There is food and drink available, yet nothing is prepared on site. Cold bread, some fruit, and dried meat was all that was available during my brief visit. There was a small amount of seating outside which might be rather pleasant for dining were the current conditions not what they are."

VGwBwv5.jpg

"The upstairs, devoted to overnight guests, was a bit cramped and allowed sleeping accommodations for only four. A small table with two chairs was furnished as well."

rauLPmA.jpg

"Before leaving the area, I had a short conversation with a soldier who had the rather objectionable duty of overseeing someone being burned at the stake just outside the inn. I inquired as to whether the poor soul was "Eddie" and he replied that he was not at liberty to discuss such things. He then mentioned that his duty shift ended in a few hours and asked if I would enjoy dining with him at The Stuffed Stag. I politely refused his generous offer, yet he insisted in telling me his name and asked me to contact him the next time I was in town so that we could share a bottle of fine wine; he seemed very interested in hearing all about my exploits; I doubt that he has that much free time."

Thank you for the grand tour! It's incredible how much sentiment and reasoning we can "read" from this game and how entertaining a story it becomes when it's written out like this.  I'm happy to see the cullinary journey has endured and returned... this world of Ancaria has great depth, only elevated by it's visitors

Thanks for the charming re-visit

gogo

• Thanks! 1
49 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Thank you for the grand tour! It's incredible how much sentiment and reasoning we can "read" from this game and how entertaining a story it becomes when it's written out like this.  I'm happy to see the cullinary journey has endured and returned... this world of Ancaria has great depth, only elevated by it's visitors

Thanks for the charming re-visit

gogo

Thank you Gogo, I hope that others also like these reports, as I had intended completing such reviews of other places in Ancaria, as well.

23 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Thank you Gogo, I hope that others also like these reports, as I had intended completing such reviews of other places in Ancaria, as well.

Loving the extra depth your insight gives... and looking forward to the new reviews!

gogo

12 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

PDX73wj.jpg

"Dear Journal, this day I did find, forsooth, deep within the recesses of a dungeon, something most peculiar. In a candle-lit chamber happened upon unexpectedly, was an elegant and well furnished room with a table carefully prepared for the dining of two persons. It seemed so romantic a scene that I wondered as to where the couple had fled; I searched near and far and yet found no one, though it was apparent that they had left but mere moments before my entry."

This is an awesome creation by the devs... check out the labels on the wine...is that ikarion symbol?
:bounce:

gogo

This is such a lovely write up, Hooyaah... grand applause sir!  You know..I remember we used to add links into the wiki bottom pages... im in the train on way to parents right now, but ill find it today..it was a link that indicated something like" for more info" ..and it would link to DarkMatters where there would be a post or build etc that would add value to the page in the Wiki.  AS the wiki's almost mostly all fact based, its sometimes difficult to put in info that adds great player value experience without it being being something absolutely measureable.  I think your recent series of travels, adventures, gourmetery and monster chronicles would serve well as targets of links in wiki pages that could bring readers to your work here.

gogo

• Like! 1