Funny/Interesting Sacred 2 Screenshots

4 hours ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

As I mentioned elsewhere, it's these kind of things that make me return to the game and enjoy it over and over again.

yes, it's incredbly rich and maybe you won't believe me if I tell you there are corners that I don't even have visited yet but it's true, even after plethore of characters. The sound quality is one point that brings me back to the game too because it is very rich too and high quality.

@Hooyaah "I wish that the same music played on Start Island" You can easily replace musics by others: just find your fav track in the, I assume, musichq folders, copy it and make a new folder called music in the pak folder. Paste your track and rename it the way it must be for it to be played at the right place, it will automatically have priority over vanilla files.

Edited by desm
precision
9 hours ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

Not going to post screenshots, but something I wonder if anyone has ever considered how well the Dev's had thought of the details of this game; being.......

The enhancements and the artifacts.

Has it ever occured to anyone there's a pattern in the drops of both the enhancements and the artifacts? The first is rather obvious and therefore easily overlooked

- Magic pearls: drops from any creature using magic as main attack. In general turtles, desert wariors and the pirates around Blueston lake

- Ice Crystals: drops from ghosts and ocassionally; bears and Ogre Shamans

- Lava chunk: drops from cratures using firedamage; mostly young dragons and Blood Dryads

Poison fang: drops from all poison dealing creatures; being it rats, spiders, scorpions or scarabs

As said, pretty obvious. Next batch are  the trophy's used for Alchemy, which are obvious too; with the exception of one.

- Branch: from tree spitirs at Tyr Laigh ànd the former x-mas trees at X-mas island

- Mechanical: from temple guardians in the Wasteland

- 4-leave clover: from Kobolds

- Skull: from undead and usually from the skelletons

- Tooth: from either troll / orcs / goblins (troll tooth) or demons (demon tooth)

Now all these are obvious, but this one isn't:

Roasted Joint: From any creature killed with a firebased weapon or spell.

Meaning, you kill a wolf using Fireball as a Pyro HE and you got a chance it drops a roasted Joint Trophy. You kill a rat as a seraphim using a Sword with a lava chunk smithed in it and you got a chance to have it dropping a Roasted Joint Trophy.

As I mentioned elsewhere, it's these kind of things that make me return to the game and enjoy it over and over again. It's the amount of detail you barely see in many games these days anymore.

Thorin :)

I love that you're delving in depth into the trophies.  Love how you've categorized them like that...in fact, I was thinking years back that with the drops coming from certain creatures a "drop map" could probably be created showing where specific drops for + abilities could be created...in fact, a map like this could be used to create, for example a build that only used trophies, no cA's ... with a map like this you'd know where to go to pick up the kind of drops you need to power a non CA build and keep a good number of them ready to take down bosses..  I remember when we were putting together the section in the Wiki for so many of the game's drops, there's still to this day vast areas still not perfectly filled in..thats how deep this game is :bounce: Your post gets me to revisit why this game swept so many of us off our feet and still does to this day... what...like more than decade later?

:blink:

gogo

p.s.... I think my favorite of your connections has to be the roasted joint...I will NEVER forget this now...just brilliant!

:superman:

6 hours ago, desm said:

yes, it's incredbly rich and maybe you won't believe me if I tell you there are corners that I don't even have visited yet but it's true, even after plethore of characters. The sound quality is one point that brings me back to the game too because it is very rich too and high quality.

@Hooyaah "I wish that the same music played on Start Island" You can easily replace musics by others: just find your fav track in the, I assume, musichq folders, copy it and make a new folder called music in the pak folder. Paste your track and rename it the way it must be for it to be played at the right place, it will automatically have priority over vanilla files.

I thought of that Denis, but because I do so much shopping there I was concerned that if there were even a remote possibility that I might grow tired of it after a while it should just stay in the hamlet in which I found it. I thank you for your suggestion, nonetheless, my friend.

4 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

but because I do so much shopping there I was concerned that if there were even a remote possibility that I might grow tired of it after a while

yes that's the problem, while keeping it occasionally preserves its charm.

Indeed sir, for in this ever changing world in which we live we may find solace and reassurance in the small pockets of relative permanence that  insulate us.

• Like! 1
On 2/4/2019 at 3:20 PM, desm said:

I'll never EVER be able to get over the amount of genius that has gone into this game's sound files.  The interview we ran here with Lars Hammer, the head of sound for Sacred just floored me:

He was so down to earth, and I remember the feeling of being so grateful that the sounds of even walking in the game were not the regular modulation of just one two foot steps, but a collection...and in fact the effects of life leech and melee battle... outstanding... this game shines

:D

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 11:57 AM, Thorin Oakshield said:

I'm usually not playing all zoomed in, but when I do it's always to look for strange occurances.

So today I was out in "the portal", a cave between the northern Crystal plains and the southern area, when a skellie attacked me. Needless to say, even while he was level 125 vs my footed level 110 Pyro Elf he was no match. (and that's all the bragging for today :D ) But while killing him I noticed something you won't notice when playing zoomed out. So when next skellie showed up, I made sure I was having the right angle to do a screenshot:

iQNUrHP.png

Which can only leave me to the conclusion; even after they die, the undead won't stop scaring you. (btw, undead dying, isn't that a pleonasme? :dntknw: )

And another thing that occured to me, sometimes the HE uses quotes which are clearly from movies or books. When it comes to killing undead, the one I heard most is: "Sometimes they come back..." Doesn't that ring a bell, Gogo?

Thorin :D

Hey! I missed this when it was posted... Sorry Thorin... and yes.. I DO absolutely know that quote..its one of my favorite books that I picked up when his work was becoming popular waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back...stephen king isnt it?

that finger scene offering though...I still shudder of it to this day... neat that the game devs referenced King ... !

:superman:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 2:01 PM, Hooyaah said:

etE8bLV.jpg

I believe that I have found a Sacred 2 Easter Egg; it is one that was just under our noses all along!

In the first season of Star Trek, episode 28 is, The City On The Edge Of Forever. In the episode is a portal named The Guardian Of Forever and it displays different images of places throughout time and if one enters therein, one will appear in that particular place and era. The portals in Sacred 2 also flash images of locations, just as the portal in the aforementioned episode. The similarity is, as Mr. Spock might say, "Fascinating!"

Guardian.PNG.b4cfb381947d2fc707bdee57fe58a255.PNG

On 3/24/2019 at 4:13 PM, Androdion said:

Yeah, the portals show images of other towns all the time. Had no idea about that Star Trek episode though.

Firstly.. I never even caught that there were images flashing across the portal in game!  Excellent detail :bounce:

nice catch Hooyaah on this reference!

... and yah thats a mighty good homage to the effect used from Star Trek... probably their MOST best eipsode of all time starting none less than Joan Collins... powerful and very tragic story

:cry:

gogo

43 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Firstly.. I never even caught that there were images flashing across the portal in game!  Excellent detail :bounce:

nice catch Hooyaah on this reference!

... and yah thats a mighty good homage to the effect used from Star Trek... probably their MOST best eipsode of all time starting none less than Joan Collins... powerful and very tragic story

:cry:

gogo

So, if I am picking up what you are laying down, this is a Wiki-worthy Easter Egg (just in time for Easter). Am I correct?

10 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

So, if I am picking up what you are laying down, this is a Wiki-worthy Easter Egg (just in time for Easter). Am I correct?

I think so. If you want to,how bout a note on this page here the Star Trek Easter eggs page?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Star_Trek

Gratz on the find

:)

gogo

• Thanks! 1

To be honest I always thought the portal looked like it took inspiration more from a Stargate than anything else. It may also simply be a coincidence, an ancient magic stone portal with a view through the other otherside isn't exactly an unheard of fantasy / sci-fi trope.

23 minutes ago, Dragon Brother said:

To be honest I always thought the portal looked like it took inspiration more from a Stargate than anything else. It may also simply be a coincidence, an ancient magic stone portal with a view through the other otherside isn't exactly an unheard of fantasy / sci-fi trope.

It does seem like a "classical" kind of meme... I think the visual idea of it is stemming from april 6th 1967 when Star Trek released City on the edge of Forever written by Harlen Ellision.. the guy who wrote the book/ now video game I have no mouth and I must scream.  We could probably note in the Wiki that portals in Sacred 2 are styled much like Star Trek's most famous episode with the portal in it?  This singular episode is probably Star Trek's most favorite...look at all the acclaim and discussion it's producing now :lol:

star.png

this portal from Star trek and Sacred 2 are surrounded by rough hewn rock structures... Star Gates is always perfectly round with "tech" inscribed all over the circumphery... look at this google search of images:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=stargate+portal&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXn9-OqZ7hAhVpiOAKHS6nD2cQBQhKKAA&biw=979&bih=577&dpr=1.5

• Thanks! 1
12 hours ago, gogoblender said:

It does seem like a "classical" kind of meme... I think the visual idea of it is stemming from april 6th 1967 when Star Trek released City on the edge of Forever written by Harlen Ellision.. the guy who wrote the book/ now video game I have no mouth and I must scream.  We could probably note in the Wiki that portals in Sacred 2 are styled much like Star Trek's most famous episode with the portal in it?  This singular episode is probably Star Trek's most favorite...look at all the acclaim and discussion it's producing now :lol:

star.png

this portal from Star trek and Sacred 2 are surrounded by rough hewn rock structures... Star Gates is always perfectly round with "tech" inscribed all over the circumphery... look at this google search of images:

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=stargate+portal&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXn9-OqZ7hAhVpiOAKHS6nD2cQBQhKKAA&biw=979&bih=577&dpr=1.5

I added the portal find as an Easter Egg yesterday evening. One may find it among the others in the Star Trek category here.

• Appreciation 1
On 3/26/2019 at 9:15 AM, gogoblender said:

To be fair, the portals in Sacred 2 are "relatively" symmetrical with symbols carved around the portal circumference similar to the Star Gate. I do still feel that it seems to be more of a convergent design (varied inspiration producing a similar solution / design) rather than an homage to a specific look from somewhere else, but that is just my subjective opinion!

Hooyah, you may also want to note that it is "Spock" and not "Mr Spoke" as the text you've added currently states.

29 minutes ago, Dragon Brother said:

To be fair, the portals in Sacred 2 are "relatively" symmetrical with symbols carved around the portal circumference similar to the Star Gate. I do still feel that it seems to be more of a convergent design (varied inspiration producing a similar solution / design) rather than an homage to a specific look from somewhere else, but that is just my subjective opinion!

Hooyah, you may also want to note that it is "Spock" and not "Mr Spoke" as the text you've added currently states.

Thanks Dragon Brother, I corrected the Spock typo. The primary and most noteworthy similarity between the portals, at least in my estimation, is that there are images of places to where the portals transport the user which appear flashing within The Guardian Of Forever in the Star Trek episode, just as there are also found in the portals located throughout Sacred 2. There are no other "Star Gate" Easter Eggs in Sacred 2 of which I am aware, while there are several others dealing with Star Trek.

To be honest the portal design does have a bit of a Stargate flavour to it, though it's too stylised to show a proper resemblance. However, the three "teeth" above (that lock the symbols on SG lore) and the symbols on each side are totally there. I'm with DB as it seems to drink from several aspects of popular lore.

Funny enough I don't think I've ever found anything else slightly resembling SG lore. It makes me wonder if such things exist though. :D

6 minutes ago, Androdion said:

To be honest the portal design does have a bit of a Stargate flavour to it, though it's too stylised to show a proper resemblance. However, the three "teeth" above (that lock the symbols on SG lore) and the symbols on each side are totally there. I'm with DB as it seems to drink from several aspects of popular lore.

Funny enough I don't think I've ever found anything else slightly resembling SG lore. It makes me wonder if such things exist though. :D

Ah then, does the following image appear vaguely familiar in any way? Perhaps it is time that someone else update the Sacred 2 wiki.

1662781041_StarGate.thumb.PNG.7c06ebbaa68437ffb31ed220f1399da7.PNG