Funny/Interesting Sacred 2 Screenshots

Thanks Ben, I really appreciate that. The hairstyles above, somehow seem more realistic. Thanks to your tireless efforts, Sacred 2 is the gift that keeps giving.

:resp:

On 9/8/2020 at 7:23 PM, Flix said:

There are many alternate hairstyles, colors, and skin tones available in Diablo 2 Fallen.

IiOY92g.jpg

Hair can go from pitch black to shock white with this mod, as illustrated here:

I also remember Silver Fox being very fond of a D&D-style "Drow" that he had made, with dark skin and white hair.

GEEuhqa.jpeg   

g0zj4bY.jpg

Omegranas_in_use.jpg

wow...these are astounding models... especially that last one 

the skin color and hair style is beautiful

:thumbsup:

gogo

On 4/13/2020 at 3:10 PM, desm said:

I found this 2 shots on the steam Sacred 2 page and found them cool so decided to share them with you. They are from MBMan, don't know who is this guy nor how he did that but hell, if I could get this Dark Elf skin :twitch:

https://imgur.com/a/c04Over

Well, come and get it, Denis! Here is the screenshot you posted and my recreation.

• Like! 1

Indeed, you may download the file here, Denis. Please let me know if you have any inconvenience getting the mod installed.

@Flix Please let me know if any of the file paths are not correct so that the installation will work as intended. Thanks, Ben!

I have Diablo 2 Fallen currently installed, don't know if it will make conflict or not if I activate the mod after D2F. Maybe @Flix ,could you please confirm that I can activate the mod after D2F?

Also the readme can be confusing for beginners because it speaks about 2 folders that don't exist (""Sacred 2 NM2017" or "Sacred 2 NM2017 Alternate"").

Folder paths look good.

To get it to work with D2F you would have to delete the scripts folder from the Dark Elf mod.

It's also not going to look great with a lot of armor because most of her armor includes her base skin textures which would still be flesh colored.  This isn't a D2F thing, it's just how the High Elf armor is designed.  The base game would have the same issue.

Finally, also note that the Dark Elf mod expects you to have Elite Textures selected in the options menu.

Thanks for checking the file, Ben. I amended the read me file to help avoid any confusion. It would be a huge task to have all of the available armor changed to look right with the Dark Elf Mod. However, there may be some armor that doesn't look too awkward. I was considering playing the Dark Elf without much, if any armor. Instead the Paramount Pendant and Artamark's Star could be employed in a limited way to allow for base Damage Mitigation and some base Elemental Damage Mitigation as well.

Note: The Children of Asha Set should look okay with this mod, as it keeps the visible skin to a minimum.

25 minutes ago, Flix said:

It's also not going to look great with a lot of armor because most of her armor includes her base skin textures which would still be flesh colored.

Ah crap. Ok, it's designed for pure Sorceress without any armor (if we exclude common "battle sorceress"). Could be fun to try like said Hooyaah. Thanks to both of you :lujate:

34 minutes ago, Flix said:

also note that the Dark Elf mod expects you to have Elite Textures selected in the options menu

Good to know indeed, thanks.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Folder paths look good.

To get it to work with D2F you would have to delete the scripts folder from the Dark Elf mod.

It's also not going to look great with a lot of armor because most of her armor includes her base skin textures which would still be flesh colored.  This isn't a D2F thing, it's just how the High Elf armor is designed.  The base game would have the same issue.

Finally, also note that the Dark Elf mod expects you to have Elite Textures selected in the options menu.

I could prepare an alternate skin version. This would alleviate the issue with the skin not matching the armor. During character creation one would be able to select a lighter skin which would look similar. The skin would simply not be grayish in color.

It's "Dark Elf" so it has to be gray imo. Of course you can be dark without being gray :3lmao:but personnaly , the gray is attracting me in this skin.

Too bad we don't have contact with MBMan (if he's the original creator of the skin). I don't know if you really have the "right" to copy his creation. Can be frustrating for him.Hope he doesn't mind.

Yes, you would have to run around without armor (or Asha's set) to avoid breaking the illusion.  Basically any change to the High Elf's base skin color would necessitate editing the skin color that's included on many armor pieces.

I created the alternate version as shown below. The "Dark Elf" will have a pallor to the skin if the light skin is chosen during character creation. The armor will look natural that way.

On 9/14/2020 at 10:53 AM, desm said:

It's "Dark Elf" so it has to be gray imo. Of course you can be dark without being gray :3lmao:but personnaly , the gray is attracting me in this skin.

Too bad we don't have contact with MBMan (if he's the original creator of the skin). I don't know if you really have the "right" to copy his creation. Can be frustrating for him.Hope he doesn't mind.

I think that it's okay to emulate his creation, as it's in the public domain already. I could give him credit on the download page.

1335105004_DarkElf.png.fe156d74922513cd1f807d04f2b74bbe.png

6 hours ago, Flix said:

Yes, you would have to run around without armor (or Asha's set) to avoid breaking the illusion.  Basically any change to the High Elf's base skin color would necessitate editing the skin color that's included on many armor pieces.

Range Array would look great if only a portion of the chest were altered and I could add the fix to the mod.

@Flix It appears that I would have to add a separate file submission for the Dark Elf with "normal" skin tone that would match armor. I don't suppose that the original would support more than one file, would it?

7 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

as it's in the public domain already. I could give him credit on the download page.

The pic maybe is on public domain. I don't know if the skin is. And unfortunetly we don't know if he is the original creator of the skin to credit him.

By the way, where is your compass on the last pic?

Edited by desm
8 hours ago, desm said:

The pic maybe is on public domain. I don't know if the skin is. And unfortunetly we don't know if he is the original creator of the skin to credit him.

By the way, where is your compass on the last pic?

I have the compass set to a zero value in balance.text, so it doesn't appear. :agreed:

By the way, what do you think of the Dark Elf skin without the gray, as shown in the last screenshot above?

11 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

what do you think of the Dark Elf skin without the gray

I prefer the gray one personally as the tone fits with her hair color better than in last skin (personal taste..) but other players may prefer a more "human" looking.

Located just east of the Three-Winds Winery in Artamark and nestled against the mountains is this lovely hot bath.* Fed by natural geothermal springs (which means the mountains are volcanic, but likely dormant) they are perfectly suited for the player character who just wants a quiet and relaxing getaway. It is on the property of the "Lonely Henry" Tavern and Inn. It is always my favorite destination, especially after defeating that nasty werewolf, Bloodclaw, who roams just to the South and East on the path to an isolated temple with a lonely, pensive priest.

*I think that a good name for this feature would be "Hooyaah's hot spring." :whistle:

Sacred 2 Screenshot 2020.09.20 - 15.18.23.89.png

• Appreciation 1
On 9/22/2020 at 6:36 PM, Hooyaah said:

Located just east of the Three-Winds Winery in Artamark and nestled against the mountains is this lovely hot bath.* Fed by natural geothermal springs (which means the mountains are volcanic, but likely dormant) they are perfectly suited for the player character who just wants a quiet and relaxing getaway. It is on the property of the "Lonely Henry" Tavern and Inn. It is always my favorite destination, especially after defeating that nasty werewolf, Bloodclaw, who roams just to the South and East on the path to an isolated temple with a lonely, pensive priest.

*I think that a good name for this feature would be "Hooyaah's hot spring." :whistle:

Sacred 2 Screenshot 2020.09.20 - 15.18.23.89.png

the bench and light giving a warm glow to this hot spring area is charming.  Hooyaah you've spotted and chronicled another great get away...when's your Mystical Michelin Guide to Ancaria being published friend!

:drool:

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

the bench and light giving a warm glow to this hot spring area is charming.  Hooyaah you've spotted and chronicled another great get away...when's your Mystical Michelin Guide to Ancaria being published friend!

:drool:

gogo

I am publishing it right here, good sir, for all members and lurkers to discover. Thank you for the compliment.

• Haha 1
On 9/9/2020 at 7:43 AM, Flix said:

Sure, I should be able to cook something up this weekend.  I have full replacements for all 6 Dryad and High Elf hair, but only one replacement for the Seraphim.

jghU1X0.jpg

yj5O3ql.jpg

Ooh, the dryad ones are awesome! I got the mod, it looks even better in-game.

I can't find the skin color change mod for the dryad, however. Is it up as a separate mod somewhere?

• 1 month later...