Flix

Funny/Interesting Sacred 2 Screenshots

Hooyaah    1,059

Hm, this scarecrow reminds me of someone, but who?

Flix_zps1eznzars.png

This is the first in my "Scarcrows of Ancaria Series".

• Like 2

Flix    2,918

This is the first in my "Scarcrows of Ancaria Series".

Coming soon on the Wiki.

• Like 2

gogoblender    1,465

There actually was a series of scarecrows in the game?

I never caught on to this

easter eggish?

:)

gogo

Hooyaah    1,059

Here's an average looking scarecrow in a field. The different scarecrows were, I suppose, just another small detail which was included to add more diversity and interest to this epic game. I'm relatively certain that the fact the Jack-O-lantern's face (in my previous post) was not illuminated at night was merely an oversight. It would have looked wicked lit in the darkness of an Ancarian night.

scarecrow%20with%20straw%20hat_zpsjoqr3g

• Like 2

Hooyaah    1,059

Here's a rather simple scarecrow stationed in an Ancarian pumpkin field:

simple%20scarecrow_zpsdwl2qd2z.png?t=142

• Like 1

wolfie2kX    522

There actually was a series of scarecrows in the game?

I never caught on to this

easter eggish?

gogo

I dunno how egg worthy it is.. You almost expect a scarecrow on a farm.

Now if one got off of it's perch and started babbling on about a yellow road.... THAT would be quite egg worthy!

• Like 3

Flix    2,918

I spotted several just around Black Oaks. There's just a lot of farms with different crops. Actually made me pay attention to all the little fields of vegetables with farmers that they put into the game.

I messed around some with the jack o'lantern textures, but it turns out the model itself is hollow (I thought it might just be transparent textures on the mouth and eyes), so the "glow" I whipped up didn't display. Ah, well.

• Like 2

Hooyaah    1,059

Holy%20Cow_zpsmya5sdmc.png

Holy Cow! If the fields of Ancaria were stocked with bovines this size, the people would eat well, indeed!

• Like 2

gogoblender    1,465

Are there many different scarecrow models? I was thinking that would could have been kind of eggish would have been if there had been some meaning or pattern in them, or a grand design played out along all of them.

Good note on the little veggies, Flix...I'd also wondered when looking at the game, just how many different varieties of flora there actually were in Sacred 2

gogo

Hooyaah    1,059

Where is this?

It's in Garghadok's Destiny Digging Site.

digging%20site_zpsjrlgzsye.png

• Like 1

Hooyaah    1,059

Are there many different scarecrow models? I was thinking that would could have been kind of eggish would have been if there had been some meaning or pattern in them, or a grand design played out along all of them.

Good note on the little veggies, Flix...I'd also wondered when looking at the game, just how many different varieties of flora there actually were in Sacred 2

gogo

So far I have only encountered the three scarecrow models; I yet continue my search.

• Like 1

SX255    628

gogo

So far I have only encountered the three scarecrow models; I yet continue my search.

I think you are done - there are only 3 models of scarecrows in the graphics05.zip/models/objects/misc/humans.

You want to go searching for scarecrows all over the world? Or scarecrow shaped objects? Or the witches voodoo dolls?

• Like 2

gogoblender    1,465

About how many scarecrows have been placed in the game?

gogo

Hooyaah    1,059

gogo

The number seems staggering. For instance I have a screen shot of two scarecrows in the same area and another like the image below where the scarecrow is posted outside a cemetary, either to keep lookie-loos out or the spirits of the deceased in.

cemetary%20sentinel%20scarecrow_zpsmhldn

I think you are done - there are only 3 models of scarecrows in the graphics05.zip/models/objects/misc/humans.

You want to go searching for scarecrows all over the world? Or scarecrow shaped objects? Or the witches voodoo dolls?

Yes, voodoo dolls are something to capture and any others. Here is a button-eyed doll that I located in a field in a cemetary below.

Button-eyed%20Doll%20in%20a%20field_zpsd

• Like 2

Hooyaah    1,059

Here's an example where one can see four scarecrows in this panoramic view.

multiple%20scarecrows_zpstjii766c.png

• Like 2

Hooyaah    1,059

Here are two scarecrows in an empty brigand camp; they were left, presumably, to ward off interlopers during the absence of the band of rogues.

scarecrow%20sentries_zpsnwerrhra.png?t=1

• Like 1

Hooyaah    1,059

Sloeford%20at%20night_zps8fz19znk.png

Ah, it's a quiet night in Sloeford; the local denizens are gossiping, the yet energetic moppets are full of queries, and the music in the background seems to plead of lyrics...

No one really knows how much time we'll spend here
No one ever knows, my friend, all the words to our songs
No one can yet know how our stories will end
No one may assign the number of days we have left
No one really knows
I don't wish to know
Would you want to know?
...better not to know...
...'till the end...

gogoblender    1,465

gogo

The number seems staggering. For instance I have a screen shot of two scarecrows in the same area and another like the image below where the scarecrow is posted outside a cemetary, either to keep lookie-loos out or the spirits of the deceased in.

cemetary%20sentinel%20scarecrow_zpsmhldn

>I think you are done - there are only 3 models of scarecrows in the graphics05.zip/models/objects/misc/humans.

Yes, voodoo dolls are something to capture and any others. Here is a button-eyed doll that I located in a field in a cemetary below.

Button-eyed%20Doll%20in%20a%20field_zpsd

Now, this is interesting... are there actually voo doo dolls left across the landscape?

gogo

SX255    628

I decided to go on quest to find the Blair Witch doll, because there is a model of it in game.

First I looked in the secluded witch hut with the crow, but only found 2 different voodoo dolls.

4.jpg3_1.jpg

Exploration of the area was fruitless.

So I went to the next creepy place - the swamp.

Found the southern witch doctor practicing with a 3 voodoo doll, but that was not the one ether.

2_1.jpg

Exploring the area I found this odd-looking red throwing star.

1.jpg

So then I went to check up on the Black Oaks witches hut. Found a scarecrow and a voodoo doll playing tarot cards.

6.jpg

5.jpg

Still no Blair Witch dolls...

I'm now in Grunwald... talking to will-o-wisps... help...

7.jpg

P.S. I want to cry every time I see the detail effort put by the map editing team. Its so beautiful...

• Like 4

gogoblender    1,465

Really loved your walk through and write up this gloomy monday morning. You're right so detailed, all this game's little sentimental mysteries.

:sun:

gogo

• Like 1

gogoblender    1,465

The voodoo doll lying on top of the map is exquisite... diagram of an actual voodoo doll?

:oooo:

gogo

• Like 1

Hooyaah    1,059

Dont%20Eat%20The%20Yellow%20Snow_zpsx78x

"Watch out where the huskies go and..."

• Like 3

First is a pic of an armor I found, which I unfortunately couldn't use. I thought the name was good.

Kullgard_s_Swedish_Student_s_Drinking_Su

Second is a pic of the random text when you start the game. Had to use a camera to capture it.

WP_20150220_20_53_26_Pro.jpg

Edited by junkcollector
  • Like 4