Ancarian National Geographer

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts
  • Platform:PC
  • Gamertag:Hooyaah

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

h4B4y90.png

And our story continues...

"The day has ended and the two are yet here sitting silently in each others' presence. I cannot help but think that she will now be very 'late' indeed. I must move on to Dyr-Laigh, still I wonder how much longer they will remain here this way. Perhaps I will return one day to discover how things turned out."

perception ≤ reality

#402 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:56 AM

JbR9d2f.png

I find some of the monuments and gravestones quite unexpectedly humorous. This is one in particular that almost made coffee shoot out of my nose.

perception ≤ reality

#403 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:55 AM

JbR9d2f.png

I find some of the monuments and gravestones quite unexpectedly humorous. This is one in particular that almost made coffee shoot out of my nose.

Love how this kind of humor made it to a hugely successful game like this from game one... there's real down under dirty stuff here and it's part of the fandom!

:)

gogo

#404 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

Sv5Ftv8.png

"...a sleeping dog, perhaps I should just 'let it lie.'"

perception ≤ reality

#405 Dorimil

Dorimil

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Steam Name:Dorimil

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:27 AM

or just present him some bones from the last skeleton you killed! ;) probably makes him following you! :D

#406 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:25 AM

Sv5Ftv8.png

This pic reminds me of an "idea" I'd once had... that there would have been a super secret quest we could have found in the game if we'd followed the dog in his travels around town while picking up clues...

how cool would that have been!

:bounce:

gogo

#407 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:26 AM

or just present him some bones from the last skeleton you killed! ;) probably makes him following you! :D

That would be spoiling him Dorimil

:lol:

gogo

#408 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

kUZJ5ps.png

This is an example of the remarkable detail and diversity of the vast world to be discovered in Sacred 2. Note the fog clinging to the floor of this crypt which really adds that finishing, realistic touch.

perception ≤ reality

#409 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:38 PM

Sv5Ftv8.png

This pic reminds me of an "idea" I'd once had... that there would have been a super secret quest we could have found in the game if we'd followed the dog in his travels around town while picking up clues...

gogo

That is actually a very good idea, Sir Go of Go; perhaps such a thing might be incorporated into the next Community Patch. Here is a suggestion, the "Feed the Poor" quest ends with Sister Roberta telling you that she has nothing to give you in return, yet how awesome would it be if you followed her around like a lost little puppy for a while and she suddenly comes up with an idea? She could introduce you to a new merchant who has some special items for sale or another quest where you get a special reward for helping a poor farmer sow his seeds because he is ill and bedridden. Completing this quest would help feed the poor better in the near future and help the local merchant prosper in town selling the fresh vegetables. This would stimulate the economy in this poor and somewhat dilapidated rural portion of Thylysium and make you, the player character, a real hero with the local community.

RSNLh7s.jpg

PxVRW9D.jpg

So therefore, I accompanied Sister Roberta in her meanderings after the quest was completed and this is where we traveled within the local area.

YrkixLF.jpg

First, she stopped at this Inn for a bite to eat.

bS4j1l9.jpg

odl4Cf8.jpg

After a short visit to see if an old friend was at home, she brought me to meet a local merchant who had no armor, weapons, potions, or jewelry to sell me. We then continued our local tour.

5g6xbV6.jpg

7b5xAtK.jpg

p6JkVNy.jpg

TsiYE54.jpg

F5n1pUu.jpg

Finally, Sister Roberta entered the same domicile that she had been standing in front of when I first encountered her and she took a seat for a brief respite before we continued on.

XF3lIuD.jpg

U9X2efM.jpg

d8b44Wv.jpg

It was readily apparent that our wanderings could extend indefinitely, so I decided that we should part ways, as my thirst for more adventure was fully whetted.

perception ≤ reality

#410 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:03 AM

Sv5Ftv8.png

gogo

That is actually a very good idea, Sir Go of Go; perhaps such a thing might be incorporated into the next Community Patch. Here is a suggestion, the "Feed the Poor" quest ends with Sister Roberta telling you that she has nothing to give you in return, yet how awesome would it be if you followed her around like a lost little puppy for a while and she suddenly comes up with an idea? She could introduce you to a new merchant who has some special items for sale or another quest where you get a special reward for helping a poor farmer sow his seeds because he is ill and bedridden. Completing this quest would help feed the poor better in the near future and help the local merchant prosper in town selling the fresh vegetables. This would stimulate the economy in this poor and somewhat dilapidated rural portion of Thylysium and make you, the player character, a real hero with the local community.

RSNLh7s.jpg

PxVRW9D.jpg

So therefore, I accompanied Sister Roberta in her meanderings after the quest was completed and this is where we traveled within the local area.

YrkixLF.jpg

First, she stopped at this Inn for a bite to eat.

bS4j1l9.jpg

odl4Cf8.jpg

After a short visit to see if an old friend was at home, she brought me to meet a local merchant who had no armor, weapons, potions, or jewelry to sell me. We then continued our local tour.

5g6xbV6.jpg

7b5xAtK.jpg

p6JkVNy.jpg

TsiYE54.jpg

F5n1pUu.jpg

Finally, Sister Roberta entered the same domicile that she had been standing in front of when I first encountered her and she took a seat for a brief respite before we continued on.

XF3lIuD.jpg

U9X2efM.jpg

d8b44Wv.jpg

It was readily apparent that our wanderings could extend indefinitely, so I decided that we should part ways, as my thirst for more adventure was fully whetted.

I love this Hooyah...that's an amazing proto-faux-quest you came up with based on the dog... 

Great work on the story boarding!

gogo

#411 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

ICjsDVs.png

"Hey, who has disturbed my peaceful rest?"

perception ≤ reality

#412 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:59 PM

ICjsDVs.png

"Hey, who has disturbed my peaceful rest?"

More sleeping pills for the skellie ^^

gogo

#413 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

OzN2YOH.png

"Apparently this 'High Kobold' has been inhaling certain illicit combustible materials. Yet, it is true that I do so enjoy bringing my opponents back down to earth."

(note the Kobold's shadow on the bridge below him)

perception ≤ reality

#414 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

E6vug00.png

I was wondering by what means were you deprived of your pants, Gogo?

perception ≤ reality

#415 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

E6vug00.png

I was wondering by what means were you deprived of your pants, Gogo?

hahhaah

I think it was cuz I posted a pic of me at a Rave on the SIF... someone there, a joker, forget his name, thought the pic had me without pants in it?

:4rofl:

gogo

#416 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

pDtT4t4.png

I always thought that this was such an interesting visual Easter egg discovery that it should be, perhaps, part of a quest, not merely placed in a seldom traveled location where so many players may never encounter it.

perception ≤ reality

#417 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:03 AM

JBHXBXY.png

"The lift seems to be non-functional at the present time; it's a shame as it would have certainly cut some time off of my trip to the focusing station."

Has anyone else noticed this feature, rearward of the operational platform of the focusing station? This is just one more of the small details that feed endless life to the game.

perception ≤ reality

#418 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:19 PM

JBHXBXY.png

"The lift seems to be non-functional at the present time; it's a shame as it would have certainly cut some time off of my trip to the focusing station."

Has anyone else noticed this feature, rearward of the operational platform of the focusing station? This is just one more of the small details that feed endless life to the game.

Never noticed that lift till now

Reminds me of the magic elevator at the end of Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!

Willy-Wonka.jpg

gogo

#419 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

JBHXBXY.png

Ha yeah!  If you look at the concept art, it looks like was intended during the planning stages to be a functional elevator!

Sacred_2_-_Fallen_Angel_glass_city_lift.

Observatory.jpg

P.S. I loved putting together the Concept Art page for the Wiki.  :)

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#420 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,149 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:24 AM

Ahhh, good find Flix... yah that page you put together for Wiki is outstanding.. it's a great inner to the "What Mights" and "could haves" of Sacred... epic vision for this game, it's brilliant that this team was able to put so much together for this remarkable standup.

Folks... we present the Willy Wonka Elevator!

gogo

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users