Hooyaah

Ancarian National Geographer

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts
  • Platform:PC
  • Gamertag:Hooyaah

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

x9pJsTT.png

"Dear Journal, I battled the fierce Kobold Chieftain this day; he was unaccustomed to unaccompanied individuals confronting him in combat, especially ones of my comparative diminutive stature. He was filthy and smelled really bad. However, if his carcass is not disposed of soon he will smell far worse in a day or so, for I defeated him handily and without harm to myself. I do not expect the Kobolds to fear me even after this triumph, as the majority of their ilk do not possess the predisposition for rational thought. Nevertheless, I have likely staved off an invasion of these repugnant creatures for at least a short time."

perception ≤ reality

#622 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:02 AM

IOWMTfD.png

"The substantial nature of this realm seems somewhat unpredictable and uncertain at the most unexpected times."

perception ≤ reality

#623 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:07 PM

DMZ4h8m.png

"Dear Journal, after I saved Christmas, having vanquished the sinister and abominable Grinch, the children came out to play and celebrate. They engaged me in a most pleasant conversation and thanked me for decorating the Christmas tree and building a snowman."

mnpkuaa.png

"They inquired as to whether or not I new how to dance and to sing."

SfW3ClO.png

"I did a Christmas dance and a sang cute little carol about a snowman who came to life; it was a song that I learned as a child while attending the academy."

7Iqo59C.png

"They asked if the snowman which I built was magical as well and I replied, 'you never know.'" I rarely have the chance to do much of anything other than helping the people of Ancaria and saving their world, so this was a refreshing change of pace. The merchant gave me some hot food from his stand and the townspeople treated me as if I belonged there. We had such a wonderful time and I was invited to return to visit at any time of my choosing as I would ever remain their honored guest. That was surely one invitation which I shall neither forget nor forgo; I told them that I intended to come back next Christmas. It is difficult to explain, but I was a bit sad that I had to leave this place, yet at the same time I was happy for the new friends and the merry time that we shared. As I prepared to depart I raised my joyful voice, shouting, 'Merry Christmas to you all and may peace be with you!'"

"Merry Christmas to you also, readers of my journal. May you find peace, health, and prosperity in the year to come!"

:l_santa:  

perception ≤ reality

#624 Zallk

Zallk

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

Ah yes, I really love playing through Christmas Island in each difficulty. Every time I defeat the Grinch I wish there were more quests still on the frozen island.

Cheers! :l_santa:

#625 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

IOWMTfD.png

"The substantial nature of this realm seems somewhat unpredictable and uncertain at the most unexpected times."

Saw Dr. Strange last night... getting flashbacks now.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#626 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

lD62wj5.png

"I have been waiting here for the Arctic Cat Snow Bus such a long while now; it is possible that it does not operate on Christmas Eve. I had best begin walking soon or I shall not be punctual in my attendance of the Christmas party."

perception ≤ reality

#627 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,155 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:40 PM

lD62wj5.png

"I have been waiting here for the Arctic Cat Snow Bus such a long while now; it is possible that it does not operate on Christmas Eve. I had best begin walking soon or I shall not be punctual in my attendance of the Christmas party."

Ahhhh, the Sacred Christmas Party.. certainly an Snow Cat worthy event!

:)

gogo

#628 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:33 AM

o2XFBs0.png

"Merry Christmas, every one!"

:l_santa:

perception ≤ reality

#629 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

Has anyone else noticed that when ones enemies are vanquished they descend downward after a few moments into the nothingness below? This may only be observed if your player character's elevation is above that of your slain opponent(s) and the zoom curve is set just so. This allows one to see this interesting occurrence which continues to function, the bodies moving downward, even if the game is paused. Here (shown below) are a few examples, the screenshots of which were captured during my recent visit to Christmas Island.

DYDlxIw.png

lmeGdM2.png

EQ6d7D1.png

ZDmemPT.png

L1aYujb.png

Above, you may observe the Grinch's remains under the ground's surface as it moved downward into certain and complete oblivion.

perception ≤ reality

#630 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,155 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:57 PM

Has anyone else noticed that when ones enemies are vanquished they descend downward after a few moments into the nothingness below? This may only be observed if your player character's elevation is above that of your slain opponent(s) and the zoom curve is set just so. This allows one to see this interesting occurrence which continues to function, the bodies moving downward, even if the game is paused. Here (shown below) are a few examples, the screenshots of which were captured during my recent visit to Christmas Island.

DYDlxIw.png

lmeGdM2.png

EQ6d7D1.png

ZDmemPT.png

L1aYujb.png

Above, you may observe the Grinch's remains under the ground's surface as it moved downward into certain and complete oblivion.

There's something kinda spookey about this, hahah...like...like they're going to hell? I dont think I've actually noticed this effect myself...at least not in Sacred 2...however... and here it is...I DID notice it when in the new Marvel movie Civil War, Wanda Maximoff finds her having to take on one of the most power powerful of all the Avengers, Vision... which of course had us thinking, no way... and SPOILERS HERE FOR THIS NEXT FIVE SECONDS DONT click... 

WOW

:D

gogo

#631 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

iD5342O.png

"Dear Journal, I am truly enjoying my new, 'pet dragon,' mount; do you notice the 'vapor trail' from my sword? It is regrettable that I cannot strafe foes with death from above using Incendiary Shower. However, flying around Ancaria this way is so much fun and the juvenile residents in small towns often ask if they can pet my dragon. That reminds me I have not decided on a name for her..."

perception ≤ reality

#632 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,155 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

iD5342O.png

"Dear Journal, I am truly enjoying my new, 'pet dragon,' mount; do you notice the 'vapor trail' from my sword? It is regrettable that I cannot strafe foes with death from above using Incendiary Shower. However, flying around Ancaria this way is so much fun and the juvenile residents in small towns often ask if they can pet my dragon. That reminds me I have not decided on a name for her..."

If you choose a name, I love the styles they have for the dragons in the dungeons and dragons books ... I think my favorite was Tiamat

gogo

#633 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:00 PM

O4XU2E6.png

"Dear Journal, I rescued a teddy bear belonging to a little girl named Lianara which she had lost in a cave full of bears. This bear cub followed me from the cave back to Sloeford where the little girl has now adopted him as a pet. She went to the temple to thank Lumen; I do not recall ever seeing a child quite so happy as she. Lianara was quite talkative and we had a quite pleasant and lengthy conversation."

perception ≤ reality

#634 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

5lETXPj.png

Flix's Reduced Fog Mod really adds a lot to what one may see in the game; here is an example of a view of the Thylysium Senate building (in the background) from the market by the harbor. If one does some bit of camera modification, in options and the slider's, the "pop in" of structures and other elements may be greatly minimized or avoided for the most part. There is so much detail to be appreciated in the game and with all of the available modifications it's relatively easy to make the game more enjoyable. This is a boon, especially for they who have played Sacred 2 so long as to truly appreciate a way to add a new feel and dimension to the game.

perception ≤ reality

#635 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,155 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:08 AM

5lETXPj.png

Flix's Reduced Fog Mod really adds a lot to what one may see in the game; here is an example of a view of the Thylysium Senate building (in the background) from the market by the harbor. If one does some bit of camera modification, in options and the slider's, the "pop in" of structures and other elements may be greatly minimized or avoided for the most part. There is so much detail to be appreciated in the game and with all of the available modifications it's relatively easy to make the game more enjoyable. This is a boon, especially for they who have played Sacred 2 so long as to truly appreciate a way to add a new feel and dimension to the game.

Loved reading your write up about the detail.  This also got me looking more carefully at the food upon the table.  What is that, some sort of pie and a rack of ribs? There must exist somewhere a Wiki of all the foods cooked and presented in this game...

:lol:

gogo

p.s. If I were looking to entertain guests in a five star restaurant, Hooyah... do you have a suggestion? Is there a bar or tavern in Ancaria so disposed and reputable of high quality cookery?

gogo

#636 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

5lETXPj.png

Loved reading your write up about the detail.  This also got me looking more carefully at the food upon the table.  What is that, some sort of pie and a rack of ribs? There must exist somewhere a Wiki of all the foods cooked and presented in this game...

gogo

p.s. If I were looking to entertain guests in a five star restaurant, Hooyah... do you have a suggestion? Is there a bar or tavern in Ancaria so disposed and reputable of high quality cookery?

gogo

Indeed Gogo, to answer your query regarding fine dining in Ancaria, there are numerous choices from which to decide. However, today I have selected only two, for they are the ones which I feel are the most worthy of mention. Many among elves and humans suggest the buffet at the Inn, yet it is not my recommendation for the most discriminating of palates. Although there are certainly other options which are notable for serving epicurean cuisine, I now direct you to the following, primarily for their reputations for the best dining, their convenient locations, and the overall regaling experience that they have to offer:

3LR8IJp.png

If you are near Bengaresh, you must visit the tavern there. For that is where you will find the friendly landlord, Cenuil, who is quite a very talented chef. All of his guests are treated as family and it is clear that he does everything possible to make the dining experience pleasant and memorable. He is the one who has discovered a new spice called garlic, with which he makes a lovely cream sauce that he marries with fire-roasted chicken. It is simply marvelous; you really must try it!   

G97xv8J.png

My earlier photo was taken just outside of the Blue Fox Tavern. It is conveniently located just adjacent to the Senate and the senators, members of the High Council, and other members of the aristocracy and wealthy elites dine there regularly. It is a bit on the expensive side, but well worth the investment in gold. There is dining alfresco and by candlelight, dancing nightly, and the most desirable and talked about fare of any location in Ancaria. There is mouth-watering oven broiled beef and pork ribs, baked chicken, meat pies and quiche, and fruits, nuts, and vegetables of most any sort. The soft and tasty bread is freshly baked and the piping hot loaves are served drizzled with melted butter. Of course, the ales and wines are the best in the land as well, as Thylysium is well known for its high culture and abundance of all the best of what the world has to offer. So, there you have it until next time, this has been an episode of "Travels And Dining In Ancaria," with your humble host, Hooyaah.

perception ≤ reality

#637 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

So, there you have it until next time, this has been an episode of "Travels And Dining In Ancaria," with your humble host, Hooyaah.

I swear... it's like you just stepped out of the game world.. amazing!

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#638 Androdion

Androdion

Radon Master

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

So, there you have it until next time, this has been an episode of "Travels And Dining In Ancaria," with your humble host, Hooyaah.

I swear... it's like you just stepped out of the game world.. amazing!

You reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock Presents! :D

#639 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,155 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

5lETXPj.png

gogo

gogo

Indeed Gogo, to answer your query regarding fine dining in Ancaria, there are numerous choices from which to decide. However, today I have selected only two, for they are the ones which I feel are the most worthy of mention. Many among elves and humans suggest the buffet at the Inn, yet it is not my recommendation for the most discriminating of palates. Although there are certainly other options which are notable for serving epicurean cuisine, I now direct you to the following, primarily for their reputations for the best dining, their convenient locations, and the overall regaling experience that they have to offer:

3LR8IJp.png

If you are near Bengaresh, you must visit the tavern there. For that is where you will find the friendly landlord, Cenuil, who is quite a very talented chef. All of his guests are treated as family and it is clear that he does everything possible to make the dining experience pleasant and memorable. He is the one who has discovered a new spice called garlic, with which he makes a lovely cream sauce that he marries with fire-roasted chicken. It is simply marvelous; you really must try it!   

G97xv8J.png

My earlier photo was taken just outside of the Blue Fox Tavern. It is conveniently located just adjacent to the Senate and the senators, members of the High Council, and other members of the aristocracy and wealthy elites dine there regularly. It is a bit on the expensive side, but well worth the investment in gold. There is dining alfresco and by candlelight, dancing nightly, and the most desirable and talked about fare of any location in Ancaria. There is mouth-watering oven broiled beef and pork ribs, baked chicken, meat pies and quiche, and fruits, nuts, and vegetables of most any sort. The soft and tasty bread is freshly baked and the piping hot loaves are served drizzled with melted butter. Of course, the ales and wines are the best in the land as well, as Thylysium is well known for its high culture and abundance of all the best of what the world has to offer. So, there you have it until next time, this has been an episode of "Travels And Dining In Ancaria," with your humble host, Hooyaah.

Bravo Hooyah! What a wonderful journey through Ancaria's gourmet delights... all awaiting The Modern Diner!

And The Blue Fox Tavern? I feel like Im watching Top Chef!

:hugs:

gogo

#640 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

One my favorite Standard Sets of armor for the High Elf is the Diamond Set, particularly the Black Skin.

fkCHe5z.png

The Diamond Set skins possess a realistic reflective sheen that changes significantly, depending upon the lighting.

YGQ9XtI.png

Here we see the differences in the armor's appearance in two different underground locations. The first is the Focusing Station and the second is the Pirate's Treasure Chamber. It is possible, with quite a bit of shopping to obtain these standard sets in high quality or "yellow" with a total of up to nine (cumulative) gold and silver sockets and some helpful (variable) modifiers. In a sense it is more difficult to obtain these sets than the truly unique and legendary sets of armor. Perhaps, that is why I am so fond of collecting them.

perception ≤ reality

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users