667 replies to this topic

#661 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 2,948 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:25 AM

Sounds pretty weak to me.  Todd McFarlane is best known for his creation of the comic Spawn, second best known for illustrating Spider Man in the 90's.  AFAIK he's never drawn any Captain America comics.

It is conceivable that they'd put a McFarlane easter egg in the game, since the Seraphim herself is essentially a copy of McFarlane's angel characters from the Spawn comics.  But I don't see this pirate as having any connection.

To be frank, I'm kind of surprised they got away with copying Spawn so closely.

ocKQY1o.png   BT54q6P.jpg

pwF7IXS.jpg   Sacred2-Seraphim.jpg

910TKmo.jpg   Bodhies_promise_in_use.jpg

FYk6v2S.jpg   Seraphim_Concept_Color.jpg

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#662 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,719 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

Ahh, that's it then

I was following mcfarlane for spiderman, I get now why it felt like a weaker egg as it was spawn and spidey as you post that he was famous for

I remember someone a while back actually writing about how close the characters seraphim and span's creation are... the pix you just put up are a virtual rip off@!

:4rofl:

gogo

#663 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

Ancarian National Geographer

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,550 posts
  • Gamertag:Hooyaah

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

todd-mcfarlane-amazing-spider-man-no-323

I recall having seen some posters of Todd McFarlane's work and one was this, a cover for a crossover with Captain America in a Spider Man issue. I should not have assumed that he was so well know for rendering Captain America. It's a good thing that we have experts like Flix around who really know their stuff. Nevertheless, I believe that there may be a few true Eggs lying about. If I find any that are suspect I'll run them by for a look-see here first.

It is remarkable how closely the Sacred 2 Seraphim resembles her "sister," Spawn. It is then fitting that there may be found this quote on a grave in the game: It is one attributed to Albert Einstein: "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." I believe that Flix just blew their cover.

perception ≤ reality

#664 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

lm2gSDY.png

"It is incredible! I have at last discovered the legendary pirate cave; it is large enough for them to sail entire vessels within its confines and dock them. The pirates have even constructed a tavern that they named 'The Gallows;' it must be where they like to 'hang out.' Additionally, I have also found their treasure chamber full of valuables and weapons. Now that their hideout has been discovered it will make it much more difficult to evade capture and punishment for their crimes. However, I have not decided whether I will inform the officials. Either way, I had better watch my back, for if they learn what I know they will want to silence me and if I tell anyone they will tirelessly seek vengeance."

perception ≤ reality

#665 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,719 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

lm2gSDY.png

"It is incredible! I have at last discovered the legendary pirate cave; it is large enough for them to sail entire vessels within its confines and dock them. The pirates have even constructed a tavern that they named 'The Gallows;' it must be where they like to 'hang out.' Additionally, I have also found their treasure chamber full of valuables and weapons. Now that their hideout has been discovered it will make it much more difficult to evade capture and punishment for their crimes. However, I have not decided whether I will inform the officials. Either way, I had better watch my back, for if they learn what I know they will want to silence me and if I tell anyone they will tirelessly seek vengeance."

I love this... so Goonies and Pirates of the Carribean from Disney!

pirates.jpg

:)

gogo

#666 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:08 PM

752zLL8.png

This is one of the most humorous gravestone inscriptions in the game and it causes me to ponder the question, "What were Gogo's pants doing in a graveyard and how did they come to be there?"

perception ≤ reality

#667 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,719 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

752zLL8.png

This is one of the most humorous gravestone inscriptions in the game and it causes me to ponder the question, "What were Gogo's pants doing in a graveyard and how did they come to be there?"

lol...man, I dont even remember the name of that guy who started that whole pantless thing... he was a joker though... it was about a pic of me at a rave or coming back from one  that I posted on SIF or maybe even here on DarkMatters (I'd have to find the post) and he said it looked like I wasnt wearing any pants in the pic :o ...I swear I was! so everyone kept asking what happened to my pants... guess they ended up in that graveyard :4rofl:

gogo

#668 Dorimil

Dorimil

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Steam Name:Dorimil

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:28 AM

you are posting pantless fotos of yourself in forums?! :nono:  now I have got pictures in my head, I don't want to have! :wacko:

;) :blowup:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users