The 'ultimate' bargainer ?

After the problem with the GustOfWind character of my daughter (bug in regeneration system:)) she decided to start the ultimate shopper.

Simple, easy and a berzerker to remove frustration after the fiasco with the GoW DM.

So the idea is:

Using the CM-patch and play a dragon berzerker. The Berzerker just needs dragon magic focus and ca-levels.

A bargainer needs high skills.

So by socketing +allSkills the berzerker wins in power while the bargainer gets better in its job

less time needed to swap netween the bargaining and the play gear

The 40s cooldown + regeneration time after berzerking can be used for shopping

Of cause the berzerker will run into problems around end of gold. But at this time other spells should be made running.

So far at level 12:

bargaining 12

dragon magic lore 5

alchemy 1

dragon magic focius 6

armour lore 1

Alchemy is a bit weird: the berzerker-form won't have alchemy skill, but the trophies are unlocked. So at bosses for 20 seconds some reg per hit, attack speed and evasion...

My daughter considers DM-berzerker as a nice alternative for low level shoppers, what are you thinking about it?

Ultimate shopper a Dragon Mage..?

You'd think a Seraphim with the full Mutation set and sockets crammed full of the best +x bargaining necklaces and rings would be it - as

a.) Seraphim have more armor parts and

b.) therefore more sockets to cram full of goodies.

A long while back I actually twinked one together using the blank level 200 character set and got some seriously insane bargaining levels... (somewhere in the 900's, iirc..)

And there is the rub - the Dragon Mage never got himself a Mutation set as he wasn't part of the original game.

That said, the DM could do good as a shopper, but maybe not quite an ultimate shopper.

• Like! 1

You'd think a Seraphim with the full Mutation set and sockets crammed full of the best +x bargaining necklaces and rings would be it - as

a.) Seraphim have more armor parts and

b.) therefore more sockets to cram full of goodies.

A long while back I actually twinked one together using the blank level 200 character set and got some seriously insane bargaining levels... (somewhere in the 900's, iirc..)

And there is the rub - the Dragon Mage never got himself a Mutation set as he wasn't part of the original game.

That said, the DM could do good as a shopper, but maybe not quite an ultimate shopper.

The Seraphim has been proven time & time again to be the "Ultimate Shopper".

Personally, I would put your daughter on a quest via Seraphim. Perhaps to make the quest epic. Turn the Seraphim into a fist only toon?

Anything you can think of the make the quest more difficult, as I know that is your MO. The Seraphim in various builds is overpowered in Sacred 2. Change the dynamics a bit. Level the playing field. Do whatever it takes to make the quest a tad more difficult.

Just my 2 cents of course.

I remain, :-)

• Like! 1

I'm making one as we speak. It won't be called a Mutation Set exactly so people won't think it's part of the CM Patch (unless they want to include it, possible but unlikely) but the concept will be the same.

Mutation sets normally are almost impossible to assemble. If you use this bugfix mod they will drop with the same frequency as other set items, so it's not nearly so bad.

Does anyone shoot for level 200 as a goal? It seems like you'd be able to do everything in the game by around 160, doing all quests and have all your skills mastered and all your CA's modded, and after that it would just be endless grinding.

But how long does it take to get a mutation set, how long to play to level 200?

For me - and that experiment - all of oh.. an hour to get everything together... I did say it was twinked..

Mutation sets normally are almost impossible to assemble. If you use this bugfix mod they will drop with the same frequency as other set items, so it's not nearly so bad.

Does anyone shoot for level 200 as a goal? It seems like you'd be able to do everything in the game by around 160, doing all quests and have all your skills mastered and all your Combat Arts modded, and after that it would just be endless grinding.

I personally don't shoot for 200. I rarely go beyond Gold. as by that time, I'm bored silly... Much more interesting building a new one..

200, however, is max... And that is why I went with the level 200 character set. If you're going to go extremes, might as well go all the way.

Yes it is this becoming bored factor that makes a good character. The DM-shopper is probably able to play the silver campaign as a dragon-berzerker. Then the next difficulty can be a hybrid who recharges dragon strikes with weapon hits. On platinum it could be destroyers and on niob a GoW sniper build (by changing camera view to ego shooter and aiming the long way for maximum damage).

So a good character should not become boring easily. The problem is that this Jack of all Trades are too splitted to be real powerful. Bargaining even robs a skill probably needed elsewhere.

So with starting as a berzerker it takes just one skill. The same skill which will modify and boost the ca-levels of the companion. The companion will give a third of the damage to the other aspects.

Personally I would have taken 5 points in concentration instead dragon magic lore to unlock dragon magic focus.