Team Speak for our Clan in Guld Wars

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

We're looking into this right now.

Does anyone here have any info on how this works to make it easier for us?

We need a way to communitcate with the clan online while battling other monsters or clans

Thanks!

:)

gogo

Oh yes. This is a must have in my opinion! Guildwars can be so overwhelming that it is impossible to read what is being typed. Just yesterday I was doing a mission with a player and at one point he kept typing "stop stop stop!" cause I was killing something I shouldn't have, lol. I was surrounded by mucho mosters and fighting for my life tho so it was impossible to see anything but the fight that was going on. Granted, we'll all get used to this intensity I'm sure but would make the learning proccess much easier with teamspeak or the like.

I'll inquire about the one my clan had on WoW, was efficient and could be customized easily. I think there's a small monthly fee but I don't mind paying for it. We could even make a room for O-Game or whichever... not very useful but always fun to talk to each other anyway.

Guild wars chat isn`t very customizable compared to other games, it`s hard to read and not that user friendly when fighting. It also lags at times. We need a teamspeak for sure.

Check for the free one, if it's good and reliable. Otherwise I'll register with mine, if only I remembered the name :-P

Downloaded Skype today and looks like it's going to be a snap! Now if only I had a headset. hahaha.

I'll pick one of those up by the end of the week. Wanna chit chit erialc? /lol

I agree about the chat interface rookie. I'm playing at 1600x1200 which makes the chat almost invisible it seems. I miss so many messages. Course it might also have something to do with the fact GuildWars is so very immersive. So much to look at... and dodge! :)

problem with skype is that it takes up alot of bandwidth if you are 4-5 players chatting .. each connection takes about 40+kb/s download and upload of ure bandwith, and u more or less get a total of player X 40 kb/s .. I used skype alot with bhj, zims and toret when I was playing sacred. But ofcourse if you all have super lines, just ignore this. I have 2.6mb/612kb line and 4-5 participants seems to be the limit for me when im playing. So in my case it was the upload speed that limited amount of users.

Guest gogoblender

I"ve found another software...Ventrillo

And I was talkin to a friend, Schoitan, who plays a lot of competitive guild wars.

He says that of the three,

1-Teamspeak

2-Ventrillo

3-Skype...

Teamspeak was their communication software of choice.

Borg got any feedback on Teamspeak?

:D

gogo

Havent tried teamspeak yet. It seems to be a hot program for those who play CS or battlefield. From what I can deduce from its webpage it seems to channel all connections through a server. You can also put passwords on a connection so not everyone can join your channel. This means you will only set up and use the bandwidth for one connection, instead of several as in skype which uses direct connections between participants. Ive installed it but need to wake up bhj from his dorment state for testing.

Here is the homepage if someone else want to test it: http://www.goteamspeak.com/

Also try look through the forums on typical online games for typical audio chat programs. F.ex. WoW. Pretty sure most of the bigger teams there use the "best" program for it.

I am! ;) Schots Bane

Had a great time with Crunchie today killin all sorts of bad dudes. /viking I'm playing a Necro/Elementalist level 14 and Crunchie a Warrior/(Monk I think) level 9. Man there is so much to learn in the game. Makes it very interesting. /lol

Me and gogo are gonna give skype a try Sat evening and see how well it works and I'll see about more complex tests later on that will involve talking to folks oversees while playing Guild wars.

so saturday ey? I'll be there probably as my trying-for-survivor ranger althoguh I won't be usin skype (no head set) cya there guys

/beer

~Doom

My friends & I use Teamspeak & I've never had any problems with it.

Edit: Nooo, don't try skype, try TS instead! You might even be "lucky" & get a Llama on the line (depending on times & stuff).

Guest gogoblender

hahah, llama I guess we'll try both then.

IU"m runnin out to the store to buy my Prophecies soon and I'll pick up a headset too.

Will anyone work?

:devil:

gogo

• 8 months later...

LOl as I see ths thread is VERY old I will respond any way. :4rofl:

I used TS and ran it from my Comp while playing and had up to 8 players using it at once with no lag.

it is very useful program and makes coordinating attacks and strategy sooo much easier. :P

Love it

And I know that a lot of peeps in sacred use it too, though, for me, in that game, it kinda changes the game entirely for me.

Post, do you play sacred?

Why not try this download here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=6164295

tell us what you think

A lot of us here are playing this now and it's hte main reason why a good number of us left GW for.

:4rofl:

gogo