Tips on squashing spider queen?

Been a good long while since I have visited her. If I recall she has massive amounts of CA power. Thinking back I made a battle suit specific for her & the Eye, socketed with % Combat Arts Reflect jewels.

This tactic changed the odds. Not only is your toon pounding damage, but she is damaging herself as well when the % Combat Arts Reflect ticks.

Go for something like 60-70% stacked with a fair amount of DeathBlow socketed as well.

Works wonders on the "Eye" to be certain.

I remain, :agreed:

• Like! 1
  • 6 months later...

Started to play again a little more and still can't kill her :( I have some reflect close range and some block CAs. Is it possible to use a fire sword and socket and ice item to it and get both damage types?

Hey guys! I'm very happy to tell you that I have decided to rebalance the spider queen. I feel that without having the right items the queen is impossible to beat even when you're 15 levels stronger then her and two attacks that aren't really necessary. I have decided to change the timers on her attacks and also chopped her using her leech and spider web abilities. I know you already thinking ok great so you made her super easy now, eh think again. What I have done to make up for this besides adjusting the timers on her attacks is that now she will cast 4 hunter spiders that are champions instead of 3 normal hunter spiders. Please be advised that this is my very first mod of the game. I don't want this to be said as an easier way of killing her but as an alternative play style that I think gives a better playing experience. If you guys feel like it more then the current way the queen works maybe the CM team will add it to the next patch :)

How to "install"

Please backup your spells file first. You can find it here \Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\shared

After you backup your spells file open the original one and find and then delete the fallowing sections

witch_spawn_spiders

witch_aura_lifeleech

witch_gen_lightning

witch_blitzzone

witch_heal_self

witch_spider_net

Then paste this coding into the exact same spot.

mgr.defineSpell( "witch_gen_lightning", {

eiStateName = "cSpellCast",

fxTypeCast = "",

fxTypeSpell = "FX_ENEMY_ELECTRICITY_SHOCK_C",

fxTypeCastSpecial = "",

duration = 0.000000,

animType = "ANIM_TYPE_MAGICA",

animTypeApproach = "",

animTypeRide = "",

animTypeSpecial = "",

causesSpellDamage = 1,

tokens = {

entry0 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 800, 400, 0, 133 },

entry1 = {"et_spelldamage_physical", 1000, 500, 0, 133 },

entry2 = {"et_duration_sec", 150, 0, 0, 8 },

entry3 = {"et_chance_knockback", 1000, 0, 0, 133 },

},

fightDistance = 525.000000,

aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",

cooldown = 15.000000,

soundProfile = 0,

cost_level = 10,

cost_base = 20,

focus_skill_name = "skill__enemy_focus",

lore_skill_name = "skill__enemy_lore",

spellClass = "cSpellElectricShock",

spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_attack",

sorting_rank = 0,

})

mgr.defineSpell( "witch_blitzzone", {

fxTypeCast = "",

fxTypeSpell = "FX_GEN_SPAWN2_I",

fxTypeCastSpecial = "",

duration = 0.000000,

animTypeApproach = "",

animTypeRide = "",

animTypeSpecial = "",

causesSpellDamage = 1,

tokens = {

entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 1000, 0, 0, 8 },

entry1 = {"et_dotdamage_magic", 1200, 550, 0, 42 },

entry2 = {"et_hits_persec", 2000, 20, 0, 4 },

entry3 = {"et_range_area", 1000, 0, 0, 4 },

entry4 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 2200, 400, 0, 133 },

},

fightDistance = 350.000000,

aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",

cooldown = 20.000000,

soundProfile = 0,

cost_level = 100,

cost_base = 150,

spellClass = "cSpellGenericLightningArea",

spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_location_start",

sorting_rank = 0,

})

mgr.defineSpell( "witch_spawn_spiders", {

fxTypeCast = "",

fxTypeSpell = "FX_GEN_SPAWN3_I",

fxTypeCastSpecial = "",

duration = 2.000000,

animTypeApproach = "",

animTypeRide = "",

animTypeSpecial = "",

causesSpellDamage = 1,

tokens = {

entry0 = {"et_summon_officer", 1000, 353, 0, 8 },

entry1 = {"et_summon_soldier", 4000, 239, 0, 8 },

entry2 = {"et_summon_mylevel", 4, 1, 0, 4 },

},

fightDistance = 500.000000,

aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",

cooldown = 50.000000,

soundProfile = 0,

cost_level = 30,

cost_base = 40,

spellClass = "cSpellSpawnEnemy",

spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_effect_location_release",

sorting_rank = 0,

})

mgr.defineSpell( "witch_heal_self", {

fxTypeCast = "FX_HEAL_C",

fxTypeSpell = "FX_HEAL",

fxTypeCastSpecial = "",

duration = 0.000000,

animTypeApproach = "",

animTypeRide = "",

animTypeSpecial = "",

causesSpellDamage = 1,

tokens = {

entry0 = {"et_life_heal_rel", 20, 10, 0, 9 },

},

fightDistance = 0.000000,

aspect = "EA_ENEMY_ANY",

cooldown = 15.000000,

soundProfile = 0,

cost_level = 200,

cost_base = 200,

spellClass = "cSpellGenericBoost",

spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_b_boost_self",

sorting_rank = 0,

Hit save and go try it out.

Edited by Saraphima

Here is a comparison of the timers

attack default timer my timer

witch_spawn_spiders 80 50 (Now spawns 4 champion spider hunters)

witch_aura_lifeleech 20 removed

witch_gen_lightning 8 15

witch_blitzzone 10 20

witch_heal_self 20 15

witch_spider_net 30 removed (Large spider has one to use)

I've come close to dying many times but I've never found her unbeatable with 6 of the characters. I've never fought her with the Seraphim though.

EDIT: By the way if you want something changed in the CM Patch the best way is to go onto the Mantis Bugtracker and report something.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Oh sweet! I lost that link a long time ago. Thanks for posting that Flix. I mostly made it so it doesn't feel too over powered to fit my play style. I wasn't trying to refer to it as bugged or anything just something that others may enjoy more.

It could be that the seraphim has a harder time beating her or something.

edit also congrats on the 1100 posts, flix :D

Edited by Saraphima

I never came close to dying while fighting her, but I never fought her when she was much above my level - usually we were about equal, no more than 3 level difference. There is one thing that can be said about the Spider queen as she is in CM: It is easier to fight her when you don't approach her in close combat. She does not try to approach you either, so it's possible to fight her this way. Purely melee characters have harder times with her because of lifeleech and heavy knockback.

I defeated her with the Seraphims many times, but never with purely Exalted Warrior ones. That's just my personal quirk - I'm no good with purely warrior chars in any RPGs. I can play as a caster, ranger, or hybrid, but never as a pure melee fighter. It might be hard to fight her using only Pelting Strikes and regular swords, so I understand where your troubles are coming from.

So, with the Seraphim, my usual approach to her is getting a 2-handed sword or polearm with Lifeleech +% on it, keep the distance and hit her with Archangel's Wrath till she goes down. When she summons spiders and they approach me, I switch to the main weapon slot and unleash usual crowd-control CAs on them (for me it's usually Flaring Nova+Pelting Strikes combo, for you it may be something different). Then go back to the Lifeleech slot and use Archangel's again. Asmarael is weak agains fire, and with a 2-handed weapon equipped, Archangel's Wrath has good base damage. Lifeleech +% adds extra damage and keeps you alive. If you use only Archangel's, it does not matter whether or not you are any good with 2-h swords or polearms - this CA does not use attack speed and critical chance from weapons, so it's possible to use this tactics effectively even with Dual-wielder. Another recommendation is to use Dashing Alacrity (in combo with Divine Protection if possible) as a protection against rooting spell, and move continuously. Asmarael's Area of Effect CA has quite slow execution animation, so it's wise to relocate your character when you see her beginning to cast. Usually defeating her this way is not troublesome even if I get debuffed.

For a Celestial Magic Seraphim, I usually just spam a room full of pillars (with Hypnotize mod it is possible to keep her and spiders where the pillar is and cast the next one in approximately the same place, so the damage stacks), and also use Archangel's Wrath (for some reason I end up using at least something from Revered aspect for every seraphim).

If you do not use Revered Aspect and Archangel's is no good for you, try Lifeleech % shurikens (it's a universal anti-boss solution for many players), or Dual-wielding Lifeleech % fistweapons.

Maybe it's just me then. I'm 15 levels higher then she is. Anyways I'm happy about not only the changes I made but I figured out on how to do it :) I'll keep the changes up if anybody wants to them or how ever they wish to use it.