Temple Guardians are great fun

I know this is day one stuff, but it's news to me. I've passed over the TG for years, due to my disappointment when I first got the game. TG was the first character I played. I had expected a character that was overpowered right out of the gate, I mean it's a cyborg with a laser for an arm! With the Terminator theme playing in my mind, I stepped out of the dig site and got creamed, multiple times. Of course I had no concept of shoppers or smiths back then. So, the TG sat untouched until today. I've accomplished my daily goals early, and wanted to play, but thought "man, what's the point? I've squeezed ever ounce of fun from every build in every race on every difficulty, minus the squishy TG". But now I have smiths and shoppers, so I thought maybe I can salvage Something from this character. I was skeptical at first but now that I have him properly outfitted, I have to say my opinion of the Temple Guardian has taken a 180 degree turn. I'm slashing and zapping and burning and electrocuting; it's like day one all over again for me!

• Like! 1

Yeah, TG is a ton of fun to play once you know how the game mechanics work.

For an extra level of fun you can makeup your own backstory on what was his original purpose as a TG – the game will only support you on it.

• Like! 1

Will never be as good as the Dwarf, sigh, I miissed him so much I reinstalled Sacred Underworld and haven't bothered playing Fallen Angel since! TG was 'flavourless' to me and although I kept one as a smith/shopper I never did enjoy playing him.

• Like! 1

I did a spear build once I played without a battery. As soon you had a battery and I double-clicked on a target the TG shot from a distance instead of running to it. So all the spears hit the enpty air.

Later I modified the maximum shooting distance of the laser arm to a distance which was in the radius of the spear.

It are so minor things which annoy. Or having the source warden area attacks hit several screens. I hoped that the area effect would stop where I click with the mouse... So I could at least the the loot on the screen without searching a whole area.

• Like! 1

Well, as far as back story, that's something I've done from day 1. Here, I thought I was the only one goofy enough to give his toons back stories :) . As far as builds, I've looked at the Temple Guardian builds on here. My favorite's Vaclaf's Mechanix X-E

They are a real treat to play, once you've played them long enough.

I remember when I was going to make my very first dedicated shopper for my Dryad.. That TG could survive just about anything, and kill just about anything with relative ease.

He didn't live very long though, because I figured I'd pit him up against Niob Dryads before he hit level 90.

• Like! 1

Yeah, TG is a ton of fun to play once you know how the game mechanics work.

For an extra level of fun you can makeup your own backstory on what was his original purpose as a TG – the game will only support you on it.

Hey.. I gave him a bit part in my epic story... And gave him a name. K9-415... Of course, at the time the story takes place, he was in much better shape than he is in the Sacred 2 era...

TG's have some pretty intense mechanics, I never liked that knobby-kneed pinochio feel of the class, too much "joke" not enough menace, eventually my few early forays with this class ended up with, I think, one of them as a stationed bargainer in my network.

Iv'e seen some crazy take downs of bosses with TG's though

Put, you devil you, where have you been!

:whip:

gogo

Put, you devil you, where have you been!

:whip:

Well, I was completely exhausted after playing non-stop for a couple of years. So had to take a break.

Only, the break was a bit prolonged when I learned they had shut down the servers (And I never really exported any of my characters)

• Like! 1