Orphaned and Duplicate Pages

Right, like the heal on a Dryad using her CA is affected by adding points to the Lore...this can be answered properly on a lore page specific to the dryad aspect.

As well, what about all the equipment that has mods to the lores and focus's, like the item modifiers page, they can be listed by type of effect...if we keep the lores and aspects pages, all of the items in game can be listed to keep the info all available together for a good search regarding.

For example, let's say someone wanted to find equipment that had the Exalted Warrior Focus on it, having the focus page would instantly bring up that info, and they could then hunt for the equipment, just like they do via the item mods pages

:)

gogo

Right, like the heal on a Dryad using her CA is affected by adding points to the Lore...this can be answered properly on a lore page specific to the dryad aspect.

As well, what about all the equipment that has mods to the lores and focus's, like the item modifiers page, they can be listed by type of effect...if we keep the lores and aspects pages, all of the items in game can be listed to keep the info all available together for a good search regarding.

For example, let's say someone wanted to find equipment that had the Exalted Warrior Focus on it, having the focus page would instantly bring up that info, and they could then hunt for the equipment, just like they do via the item mods pages

gogo

Well, no, my point was that info about the Lore's unique effects on the Dryad healing CA can be answered properly on the Goldenglade Touch page.

Don't forget, there already IS a page specific to the Aspect - the Aspect page itself! For example, the Nature Weaver page I made for the Dryad. There I can list the unusual characteristics of Nature Weaver Lore that differ from the general aspect page. And for items that give a bonus to the skills, those can also be listed on the Aspect page. I can list Dryad items that give bonuses to Nature Weaver Focus and Nature Weaver Lore. Let's make good use out of those Aspect pages I worked so hard on!

Here's the thing: I don't think keeping individual Aspect Lore pages is a terrible idea (can we at least agree since all Aspect Focuses do the exact same thing that they can safely go?). But I think it will cause a lot of unneccessary work and confusion. If they are deleted, there's no information that can't be put appropriately and intuitively on other pages - namely the general aspect lore page, the individual combat art pages, and individual aspect pages.

What IS a terrible idea is keeping BOTH individual aspect lore pages AND a general "Aspect Lore" page, like the way it is now. It's confusing to readers and writers. If we put the individual pages into use, what is the point of keeping the general page? When would using the general page possibly be more appropriate than the specfic page? I can think of no instance. Plus, if we keep the individual pages, I think EVERY ONE OF THEM will need to have the table and all the info that is currently on the general Aspect Lore page added to it.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Oh gawd. We're taking a recess until tomorrow. Yaaaay! Just discovered a complicating factor. Language pages that link to aspect lore and focuses. To be continued!

If we put the individual pages into use, what is the point of keeping the general page? When would using the general page possibly be more appropriate than the specfic page? I can think of no instance. Plus, if we keep the individual pages, I think EVERY ONE OF THEM will need to have the table and all the info that is currently on the general Aspect Lore page added to it.

This is what we're coming to like too now.

These specific skills are found as choices within the game and have honest places in the wiki, while the old general page is a kind of surmisal at that time with all facts known. With the Lores being different and our ability to reference all the effects on set items, it's becoming useful in the present to produce a higher level of resolution that lets us reflect the "game is god" philosophy of SacredWiki by putting in those extra pages and keeping our accuracty as good as possible.

As Schot has been testing, it's proving to be very difficult to move that general skills page, because of the different languages the Wiki hosts as well. We're thinking a plan 'ole copy/paste from that general page to all the singular pages re aspect/lores ( As you have noted) could work.

This way each page will have all the data from that general page (which would then be a kind of stabilizing but orphaned page) , we can custom personalize if someone wants to, but this comes with the daunting and rather painful prospect of having to change all the linked up pages from the old page to the new pages which are game - matically correct.

:cry:

gogo

p.s. game -matically haha :crazy:

crying-aby-with-hands-on-head.jpg

But....that's SO MUCH WORK.

And I JUST switched dozens of links from the specific pages to the general one.

On the other hand, that's a clear-cut plan, and it does make perfect sense as far as documenting the game goes. So... have fun doing all that! HbKbJh0.gif

hahahahah

wait...come back!

:devil:

And... after a few Wendy's burgers

baconator.JPG

a frosty

wendys-frosty1.jpg

and some fries with gravy

wendys-new-fries.jpg

LOVE that sea salt...

We think we have found good solution, which we both agree to (finally! :bounce:).

As the old general page can't be moved, but the single pages are more authentic, if you want, you can just cut/paste all the info from that general page into the single pages.

Then, and here is where it's fun... just wipe out all the info on the original general page, and replace it with... Ta DAh... twelve delciously smart, well dressed-up links to each focus and lore page!

No links have to be changed, this preservs the page being support crux for the reset of Wiki, but redirects everyone to the pages they want to get to, as there will be no more real content on the old general page anymore.

No link change, no heart attacks for anyone!

:bounce:

gogo

Alright. So each specific aspect Focus and Lore page would get filled in. That would actually be 21 different Focus pages (7 characters x 3 aspects each) and 15 Lore pages (since Tactics Lore is the Lore for some aspects). And the general Focus and Lore pages would get wiped and replaced with a list of links to said pages.

As for not changing the links, are you guys comfortable with the various pages around the Wiki sometimes linking to the general page and sometimes linking to the specific page?

My rough estimate on what links where:

Everything on the Skills page and all skill sub-pages link to the General Aspect Focus and Lore pages.

All Dragon Mage, Seraphim and High Elf sets and CA's link to the General Aspect Focus and Lore pages.

All Aspect pages link to the General Aspect Focus and Lore pages.

Everything else, if it has a link, probably goes to the Specific pages. That means most or all items and set items, and all the CA's of the other 4 classes.

I'll let you guys sleep on it.

Going forward, as I work on Combat Arts pages (assuming this is what's decided), since we'll be using the specific pages, I'll start linking to them rather than the General one. And if I happen to be editing a page with a link to the General page, I'll change it to the specific one.

• Like! 1

We're comfy with setting it up this way, with different pages, as current, pointing tween those two pages...we're thinking of it as a kind of damage control, as we're looking for a way to balance the support to the international pages, while being as close to referencing the game as possible.

Ultimately any page in Wiki linked or linking to that general page will have a reader land up on a page with no real info on it, cept for links to single pages, so our ultimate mission of serving up information to the reader is satisfied.

It's unfortunate that it's a page in a round about way, but as a way to make the balance work it's the least costly in terms of time, and will actually be the closest to a perfection reconcile.

Reading your Going forward, that looks good, and, any time any one of us is on those pages, a link can be changed to the new "correct" page... work in progress, slow one albeit...

ahh, this Wiki

Thanks for waiting on this Flix, Wendy's did us good

:chef:

gogo

• 2 months later...

Flix! Amazing work you've done on the wiki, those CA pages are amazing ++

, I've been checking in on and off, while on vacay in states here with family, in Bethesda

Will be back home tomorrow, and can check everything in detail!

gogo

Alrighty! I'm blazing through items and stuff now so I'll be posting anything that might need attention here. Check it out whenever you're unpacked and comfortable.

Safe travels!

Found two small issues:

This involves the "Scribe Gauntlets of Atherton" unique item. There is a version for each character, and they are listed here on the wiki:

The problem is "Atherton" is mispelled as "Artherton". There's an extra "r" that shouldn't be there.

The second issue is that there's a duplicate page for the Seraphim's version:

Scribe Gauntlets of Atherton

It should be deleted as it doesn't specify which character it's for in the page name, plus it's a duplicate/orphan of the Seraphim's entry above.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Category:Sacred_2_Class_Quest

I was just about to update the shadow side of the Kobold Blood quest.

I noticed there are several duplicate pages on this index page.

The ones that don't belong should be removed. I think they are the ones with (shadow) in the title.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Kobold_Blood_(Shadow)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Life_in_the_City_(Shadow)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Unpack_(Shadow)

I think those are the only ones, but another pair of eyes on that index can't hurt.

• Like! 1

Oh wow, you're right. That's painful to see though, because in this case both sets of pages are detailed, complete walkthroughs, written by two different users - so can we even say which is the duplicate and which is the "real" one?

From the looks of it many of these were written c. 2011 by ZGold and then re-written by Knuckles in 2012 on new pages. Maybe some kind of merge would be appropriate, I mean they can't both stay on there, it's too confusing. But Gogo or Schot will have to decide...

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Found two small issues:

This involves the "Scribe Gauntlets of Atherton" unique item. There is a version for each character, and they are listed here on the wiki:

The problem is "Atherton" is mispelled as "Artherton". There's an extra "r" that shouldn't be there.

The second issue is that there's a duplicate page for the Seraphim's version:

Scribe Gauntlets of Atherton

It should be deleted as it doesn't specify which character it's for in the page name, plus it's a duplicate/orphan of the Seraphim's entry above.

Fixed! Thanks Flix. :)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Category:Sacred_2_Class_Quest

I was just about to update the shadow side of the Kobold Blood quest.

I noticed there are several duplicate pages on this index page.

The ones that don't belong should be removed. I think they are the ones with (shadow) in the title.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Kobold_Blood_(Shadow)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Life_in_the_City_(Shadow)

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Unpack_(Shadow)

I think those are the only ones, but another pair of eyes on that index can't hurt.

I'll check that out later today Ysne. Thanks!

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...