The SX255 story (in pictures)

SX255

Epic battle rematch (1 of 8)

EBre1.png

Well, here is a story that got me back into vector art, but I only now got to making.

Synopsis: Big swamp dragon kicked my ass in close combat, didn’t like it. Found effective ranged weapon and went back for rematch. Plan malfunctioned big time, fought dragon in close combat again.

Spent 2 month making all this because real life threw important stuff I had to do real quick. Still, I find uploading the entire short story better than doing it slowly piece by piece.

Epic battle rematch (4 of 8)

EBre4.png

They say “No plan survives contact with the enemy”. Then what do you call a plan that falls apart right at the start?

So yeah, game mechanics don’t allow shooting and riding at the same time, so fast retreat became impossible.

• Like! 1

Epic battle rematch (5 of 8)

EBre5noanim.png

Snuck up on the dragon and saw his silhouette in the fog well illuminated by the lightning flashes of the storm. It was going to be an easy kill. Aimed the gun and pulled the trigger… my character starts running towards the dragon. Stopped him, went back a couple of steps. Aim, fire… again the idiot starts running to his death. Tested it on smaller enemies in the area – all worked fine. Huge dragon – not in range. Had to get at point blank for the gun to start working.

So yeah, that worked perfectly. Rest of battle was all close combat.

Later found the desert dragon, same problem. Holy Hannah!? Looks like the games ranged aiming mechanic finds the dragons chest to be an obstacle for aiming at the dragon. How do you miss THAT in QA?

• Like! 1

Epic battle rematch (7 of 8)

EBre7.png

Two dragons were hurt in the making of this picture. One - twice. I ended up overwriting my screen prints from the second dragon encounter and had to go back and defeat him again.

Wanted to draw Courage Wolf for the face but ended up sketching the smug Barsteward I now use for my avatar. Sadly this is the best I could do with vector art to replicated the sketch.

Epic battle rematch (8 of 8) Epilogue

ebre8epilog_by_tmp999-d6ruofj.jpg

Those were my exact words to when I found that button.

How were you supposed to figure out that the button for quick selling the stuff in the inventory also doubles as “don’t move from position” ranged attack mode? How?!

Edited by SX255

Very creative.. :D

The Electric Poo... I got a chapter in my book about it's origins.. Seems Kuan had a bad batch of Bengaresh curry and some severe gastrointestinal distress because of it...

This is also a nod to the same Llama8 as well. His grave marker in the cemetery west/southwest of Benny's Corn Circles cautions against feeding him curries.

Now we know why...

• Like! 1

I feel you on like 99% of these things. Posing as Muntus Barimak as pretty much anyone other than the Shadow Warrior is just so ridiculous.

Teleport spells never working when you need them to, but trying over and over even if it wastes time, just for the principle of the thing.

Clipping going on all the time, especially when mounted, yup.

Inappropriate modifiers. Sometimes you'll even get items with bonuses to two different classes. +Nefarious Netherworld and +Delphic Arcania.

Ragdoll physics of corpses. Sometimes it seems like some poor corpse is getting kicked and drug around for ages.

The massive zoom-out with bosses and modded camera controls. Always have to try to remember to adjust the max zoom before a boss fight or else it's a satellite view.

Yeah, all of these really. ROFL

• Like! 1

:o

Thats the 2nd time someone mentions satelite view on boss fights

I have adjusted my view/zoom range to like 1200 or so, but never remember to have had a problem in boss fights

If anything, in a boss fight I get a slight zoom in that is almost annoying

well... almost = not quite enough to have bugged me to look into extending it yet

I got to take a look at my settings and report back to you,

maybe we can figgure out a combined setting where normal exploration zooms out well but boss-fights dont go that far out

The... no. A... no... wait, sorry, that one sounded better in my head...

I feel you on like 99% of these things. Posing as Muntus Barimak as pretty much anyone other than the Shadow Warrior is just so ridiculous.

Teleport spells never working when you need them to, but trying over and over even if it wastes time, just for the principle of the thing.

Clipping going on all the time, especially when mounted, yup.

Inappropriate modifiers. Sometimes you'll even get items with bonuses to two different classes. +Nefarious Netherworld and +Delphic Arcania.

Ragdoll physics of corpses. Sometimes it seems like some poor corpse is getting kicked and drug around for ages.

The massive zoom-out with bosses and modded camera controls. Always have to try to remember to adjust the max zoom before a boss fight or else it's a satellite view.

Yeah, all of these really. ROFL

About those modifiers.. Don't think it's quite that bad. Just look at the ring as being "versatile". It'll work for both Inquisitors and High Elves.

• Like! 1

Epic battle rematch (8 of 8) Epilogue

EBre8Epilog.png

Those were my exact words to when I found that button.

How were you supposed to figure out that the button for quick selling the stuff in the inventory also doubles as “don’t move from position” ranged attack mode? How?!

My favorite comic of them all just for the reaction. ^^ I wish TGs talked like that. ;p

• Like! 1

Sx, this entire topic is just brilliant. I've alwanted wanted to see more fan art created for this game, was always delighted when we had contributors here (heya aegis! :D) and when I saw your piece go up in that other topic I was pretty much astonished at how much detail, and sheer hilarity you've injected into the frames.

Thanks for putting this out for the fans!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Your collection on SacredWiki looks amazing, I especially liked reading the comments you added with each addition, great personal touch

2vkl2me.jpg

I'll ask Schot to see about the animation image, I know lately he's been doing a lot of new work on images for Wiki

:)

gogo

Hey guys. I saw this problem with one of my images but I didn't realize it was so widespread. Thought it was a random glitch. I'll see what I can do about it. :)