Builds for people new to Sacred 2

The question popped up when our second now14 year old daughter asked how a new player would best start. She was used to the family bargainer chain, the family smith and full common chests when she started playing sacred2. Most of the characters we played were builds to test out what is possible: unarmed characters without x% life leech, maximum ca-range characters, ....

All this are character which need carefully selected equipment. She never played a character which had to live from just what it finds.

So she started a new character while being at hospital for 2 weeks. She played a seraphim from scratch: no common chest, no bargainer chain, no family smith....

She is now level 105 in niob and she said she did the character so that every 20-30 levels the playstyle would be different. Attached a screenshot of this character after finishing silver at level 41 without deaths. She said it would be nice if there would be a list with the character guides which would indicate how good a guide is replayable by a new player.

From my 'guides':

Sohei:possible, RegPerHit equipment and a weapon with x% lifeleech should be possible to be found while still in silver.

Melee-elf: possible: same as sohei

Kungfu Dryads: Detheya set for x% life leech needed!

Hardcore-single aspect DM Mentalist: if not hardcore, no special equipment needed, using a weapon with reg per hit in beginning. The full ca-range later on was needed to level with a decent speed at level 170+

So see this thread to post which guides you would consider newbie friendly, as for being a first character.

post-4779-0-39372400-1382608752_thumb.jpg

• Like! 1

I'd say the BFG Seraphim build is by far the easiest to play if you had nothing to start out with. You may start early with weapons, but once you get BFG it's smooth sailing.

• Like! 1

I remember thinking game was SO tough when it was released, that if they had kept a few pro-loaded builds just to get players to get a faster handle on the awesomeness of this game, perhaps it would have had more mainstream appeal. I like David's take on this, overpowered toon at the beginning, this gets the player carooming early, with lots of good resounding splats! and blood, but BFG, while amazing at low to med levels, needs a lot of balancing at the high levels for HC viability.

As well, Dryad ranged blowpipe is well-loved. In this day and age of insta-consumption, the zero-travel speed pipe is pretty much king in terms of long distance splats.

:)

gogo

As well, Dryad ranged blowpipe is well-loved. In this day and age of insta-consumption, the zero-travel speed pipe is pretty much king in terms of long distance splats.

Thats what came to mind, the dryad comes equiped with a ranged weapon from start

when all other toons need to search a while for a decent ranged weapon

And range at the begining makes things alot faster going.

One small thing here: in general I dont like the blowpipe, it has that strange graphic bug.

When a toon has a ranged weapon equiped and you CTRL + left click, that toon stays put

and fires from spot. When you move your cursor around while doing that,

the toons start turning and shooting.

Well... the dryad with any other ranged weapon does, not so with teh blowpipe.

With that she just stands there, looking north for example, even when shooting west,

resulting the darts flying sideways or even backwards

Its weird.... :o

Warning: Don't try this at home!

• Like! 1

Thats what came to mind, the dryad comes equiped with a ranged weapon from start

One small thing here: in general I dont like the blowpipe, it has that strange graphic bug.

When a toon has a ranged weapon equiped and you CTRL + left click, that toon stays put

With that she just stands there, looking north for example, even when shooting west,

>>

I'd never really noticed this

CAn you put up a video to youtube to show? Or maybe I was so ennamored of that insane kill speed and the almost no-need to put on armor at low levels for dryad, that I was blind to it!

:lol:

gogo

wow gogo

looks up at his post:

that right there is a quote-gone-weird

Uhm.. about that video... I never done a video, dun even got a capture prog installed

sowwy mate, tho its fairly easy to replicate

Edited by tom.morrow
  • Like! 1

wow gogo

looks up at his post:

hat right there is a quote-gone-weird

Uhm.. about that video... I never done a video, dun even got a capture prog installed

sowwy mate, tho its fairly easy to replicate

wow gogo

looks up at his post:

hat right there is a quote-gone-weird

hahahha

it's this skin..it's got buggy with the quotes, I have to hit enter a few times to make the cursor leap out of the box into a proper area.

Quote fixed, no worries with the vid tom

:)

gogo

For a player who has no chest, smith/bargainer, and no experience with Sacred 2, I'm not sure about build, but I do know that the Shadow warrior is the easiest and most forgiving when it comes to learning and experimenting. I first got the game for my 360, with absolutely no knowledge of the game, and no knowledge of any wiki/fan site. I also had an old, fat-backed tv with no knowledge of what HD even meant. I couldn't read any script or description, so this ole boy was flying blind. All I knew is I wanted a big dude with thick armor and big weapons. I knew nothing of combat arts, so I completely stayed away from them. I couldn't read the descriptions of armor and weapons, so I just went with what looked the coolest. I read in the manual that the SW was a weapons master, so I chose armor and every weapon skill for my skills. In short, my SW was a hot mess.I'll tell you what, though, that hot mess of a Shadow Warrior outlasted every other character I made when I was cutting teeth with the game

Agreed, SW is easiest to build and most forgiving to use of all the characters in the game, and is damn powerful, too. You got a CA that grants total invisibility and can be modded into a fourth buff, or you have two aspects that can both be modified by tactics lore at the same time which results in a character that is a tank from beginning to end. I personally always recommend MantisPR's guide to get beginners off on the right foot not only for the SW, but for any weapon based build in general, while podgie's mass killer is for those who want someone or something to experiment things on with less repercussions (other than boredom). That's how I managed to get through the game initially without relying on the chest or shoppers when I first started.

Edited by Aegis

Yes SW is probably easiest to start.

Which character type would you do if the goal is to play a single character through all difficulties from start and not getting bored: so which character is tjhe best chamaeleon. Melee, ranged, caster, ... all in one character.

Well, it depends on what constitutes as 'getting bored' (though permanent SV seems to be universal), or by extension, 'fun'. As far as playing through all the difficulties and excelling at them, on the other hand, and doing so without relying on pre-existing items, go for the melee build. Permanent, non-detectable SV requires a very long time to get without pre-existing runes, while he is quite the effective melee character almost right from the start. You could go ranged, but I find the SW to be pretty weak in that area.

I wonder if an unexpected / unusual build would succeed in keeping boredom at bay all the way through the end.

Something like a pure caster Dryad or SW, "I-never-have-physical-contact-with-a-foe" thing

Or maybe the other way around, an HE with "I-will-carve-my-way-by-only-my-dagger"

It sure would be hard in the higher modes, maybe even impossible

Edited by tom.morrow

My Mr. I get to Platinum fast can get you to PLATINUM only playing up to level 51. It is tested. It uses shadow veil and then spec EVERYTHING else to offense. It's in the shadow warrior builds on a sticky.

Gogo for a minion build I would use shadow warrior and into Astral Lord put 31 skill - 6 mod points into Rallied Soul (like I modded it in General Claudius build in the SW section). That has a mod that makes the range of the Rally greater. Then stick it on the end of a combo so probably Combat Discipline. And then take concentration and mod Grim Resilliance and Skeletons with 4 skeletons or else 3 and damage mod. You can keep the skeletons indestructible by eating runes and a weapon buff slot so you don't have to mod any defensive ability.

In my general claudius rallied souls and skeletons were still doing decent damage though it was slow damage.

• Like! 1

High Elf

A funny and robust start into the High Elf is to play her as melee early.

Level 5

stormite lore 5

armour lore 1

arcane focus 2

Modify the crystal skin to silver modifier and use it as your buff. Fight with every spell you have.

Level 10

stormite lore 5

armour lore 3

arcane focus 10

combat discipline 1

Magic coup fully modified and put into a single combination. Modify it for sure hit (more independant from finding hit chance equipment), mana steal (together with combat discipline the regeneration clock starts near half), and explosion for group control. Use whatever massive damage weapon you find.

Level 15

stormite lore 5

armour lore 12

arcane focus 15

combat discipline 1

concentration 1

Starting to modify the regeneration buff. Magic coup should be spammable by now.

With this start the elf can be played later as arcane/ice, ice, or arcane.

I started my game with Dryad the SW if u put the skills badly like I did and I couldnt kill the champion earth elements on silver before gar colossum I took them near death and they healed ,thounsands hell .And there's a second efect so SW yea he makes alot of hp the buffs are simple and made for storng character but when you want go to play another character u charge like a mad man into mobs forgeting that you are not a SW.

Dryad for me easy to start even with a bad weapon ,normal attack will be enough and u can have bargaining without investing 5 points in something else and beside the buff ancient bark wich hides those fine line of her she is ok .

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm just starting out on the pc. I have some experience with the ps3 version. I am starting with a dryad. I'm not expecting to take her to the end game, but you never know. I picked her because I know that with just a few runes, she can still kill quickly. Sinister Pedator, Ancient Bark, Ravaged Impact, Darting Assault, and of course Tangled Vines. With the exception of the two buffs, the ca's are kept at a low level to manage regen time. The dryad gets Sinister and a blow pipe at the start of the campaign which is enough to get this build up and running.

As far as skills, I am shooting for EP, the appropriate focus and lores, ranged, armor, and I will figure out the rest later.

This is a fairly minimalist build, in fact you can drop it down to the buffs and the vines and still get through silver easily. Just avoid the griffin, it ignores your vines and debuffs you, which is bad news for this build.

The main point of this character is to start collecting runes so I can get some other charters off to a good start. I don't need a shopper or smith for this dryad, like I said earlier, I'm not planning to keep her till end game. My next character will be a SW (shadow veil, tower) that will be my smith, and a shopper (not sure which class, maybe HE ice build or another dryad). I would have started with the SW, but I want him to be able to have some minions to start and at least a few runes for tower and SV so that at level 16 I can stop using minions (I mod tower then SV) and at 35ish be perma-stealthed.

Hope this helps :)

I know this is an old thread, but I'm just starting out on the pc. I have some experience with the ps3 version. I am starting with a dryad. I'm not expecting to take her to the end game, but you never know. I picked her because I know that with just a few runes, she can still kill quickly. Sinister Pedator, Ancient Bark, Ravaged Impact, Darting Assault, and of course Tangled Vines. With the exception of the two buffs, the Combat Arts are kept at a low level to manage regen time. The dryad gets Sinister and a blow pipe at the start of the campaign which is enough to get this build up and running.

As far as skills, I am shooting for EP, the appropriate focus and lores, ranged, armor, and I will figure out the rest later.

This is a fairly minimalist build, in fact you can drop it down to the buffs and the vines and still get through silver easily. Just avoid the griffin, it ignores your vines and debuffs you, which is bad news for this build.

The main point of this character is to start collecting runes so I can get some other charters off to a good start. I don't need a shopper or smith for this dryad, like I said earlier, I'm not planning to keep her till end game. My next character will be a SW (shadow veil, tower) that will be my smith, and a shopper (not sure which class, maybe HE ice build or another dryad). I would have started with the SW, but I want him to be able to have some minions to start and at least a few runes for tower and SV so that at level 16 I can stop using minions (I mod tower then SV) and at 35ish be perma-stealthed.

Hope this helps :)

If your only goal is to get the gear you need for other characters you want to make you're better off just modding the drop rates in file. Then you can just use the character you really want with no need to waste skill choices on ep or bargain.

Lol, I have no idea how to do that. And I don't mind doing the leg work. I enjoy playing the dryad (my favorite class). I am thinking of testing a couple things with this one so that it won't be a complete "waste". But I will look into the drop rates, that might be useful. :)

Lol, I have no idea how to do that. And I don't mind doing the leg work. I enjoy playing the dryad (my favorite class). I am thinking of testing a couple things with this one so that it won't be a complete "waste". But I will look into the drop rates, that might be useful. :)

There's an entire sticky on modding. It's just a few number adjustments. I'm no tech wiz and I did it. It's the server file. You just copy the file into a spare folder so you can revert back to normal when your ready or if something goes wrong. No biggie. The thread on modding is really in depth and specific. You can't screw up. Plus seeing all those green and gold drops is addicting lmao