Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7

bhj

bjh is correct to a degree. Having a browser with known vulnerabilities can be bad news. The part where he's a bit off the mark - you have to USE the browser, actually, on the internet in order to get into trouble. If the vulnerabilities aren't active, there's no way for anyone to exploit them.

That said, you never know when you may actually have a need for it. Like if Firefox and/or Chrome both decide to pack it in at the same time and you need a browser to download a clean, fresh copy of the latest/greatest version of your favorite alt browser. Or a friend may want to pop over and check their email.

Me, I use all 3 of these browsers. They have their specific uses. I actually log in to here and certain other web sites with IE. I use Chrome and FF for other sites that are more graphically demanding... Pages that are heavy on Flash, for instance, are best viewed/played on Chrome. FF is a distant second and IE is an even more distant 3rd in that regards.

Also having different browsers is also good for logging into places with different accounts on the same site.. I have 3 Hotmail accounts - and can access all three of them independently by logging into Hotmail.com using different browsers - and I don't have to link the three of them together ever. This is good for keeping your business life separated from everything else.

• Like! 1

Also having different browsers is also good for logging into places with different accounts on the same site.. I have 3 Hotmail accounts - and can access all three of them independently by logging into Hotmail.com using different browsers - and I don't have to link the three of them together ever. This is good for keeping your business life separated from everything else.

That's a very good point wolfie. I do this as well for my several google accounts. I do use IE for three very simple functions. Accessing a separate google account, streaming radio and checking the weather network. Firefox I use for darkmatters/sacredwiki and everything related to them. Projects and stuff. I presently have 17 tabs open and all in use in the past 30 mins. Sometimes I need more which I may load up Chrome to help with and send to my second screen. In addition I have 7 tab groups in the background holding tabs related to projects on the backburner. Chrome I use mostly to assist Firefox in complex projects and Safari... I use Safari for shopping! :D All of them I use for checking web design compatibility.

UGH.. IE 11 seems to be having some issues today..

Just had it kill and then refresh this page for the 4th time in as many minutes..

<sigh> Thought they had the bugs ironed out of this damned thing..

Welp... IE 11 is behaving itself today. Not quite sure if it has to do with the patches that came down from Windows Update or if it had to do with rebooting.

Flash Player may be partially to blame. The latest update for it has been less than rock solid - especially with IE 11. Seems to be mostly stable for Chrome, but it still blows chunks every now and then - usually at the worst possible times. Of course.