Looking for "left-click" ranged Dryad

lujate

Anyone know of a good ranged Dryad build that uses only the regular attack, or a spam-able CA? It would be for console, so it would not need to deal with all the I&B harshness.

• Like! 1

No, it is for a friend. I must confess that I had forgotten how utterly complicated Sacred 2 is when you are just starting. I am hoping to find him a point-and-shoot build to try, at least until he gets more comfortable with the game.

I remember trying a left click build with Dryad, ultimately I gave up, kept her on horse to increase the hp she had, and attacking from left click only made multi attacks useless... finally I ended up using very low level Attack CA (gave in) and just didn't feel like putting all the effort in.

If can make a regular right click build using Attack, is VERY satisfying almost right off the bat, just make sure nice bow to socket some goodies like some leech runes and it's very very fun.

:)

gogo

Without regen-per-hit I don't think any of the Capricious Hunter CA's could be spammable, but regular left click would take soooo long to kill things.

If you really focus on increasing Ravaged Impact's power and decreasing its regen time, I guess that might be pretty simple.

I think there also is problem with Area of Effect to keep a toon like this maintaining level gain higher up. I did some work with a Shadow WArrior, following along pony's build, but always just thwacking stuff got boring pretty fast, but seeing mechanics working to see if viable without CA's or buffs was interesting. Lots of attention to skill choices, riding, alchemy, weird skill choices for a non CA build helps.

Getting multiple or Area of Effect with ranged dryad using only left click builds was the challenge... Shadow Warrior had a weapon, forget what it was that had item modifier mutl hit on it (or something like that) don't think there was anything like that for a dryad's blow pipe

gogo

ha, I never finsihed this page

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Chance_to_hit_additional_opponents

There was a pole arm we were using for the SW, would have to look it up, if you click on what links here on that item modifier page, you can ferret out the weapons in game that have it though

gogo

Also remember now was trying to make a dex build pure left click, because there was a pole that used Dex to hit with damage, and I was also wanting to see if she could switch from tween using that pole and switching to arrow for ranged.

Was a neat idea, all in all, kind of lack lustre, and all I could do was keep seeing Pony on the servers, and wanted to do that huge chop move he could do with that Strength based pole.

Like Schot said a while back, we kinda wanna play for the magic, and when it's all mechanics like this, with no dazzle, things get gray pretty quickly

And, I dont remember much now, but I think overall the damage was just plain lower with hitting using that dex pole rather than the str pole

:cry:

gogo

I agree, and when it comes to Combat Arts, I want them all. It's very hard for me to build a focused character instead of a triple-aspect extravaganza.

I dunno if anything other than a ranged weapon would do for a left-click Dryad on consoles. The Sinister Predator buff for that aspect is almost a must-have, and it gives some important benefits to ranged weapons like attack rating and speed, piercing, sure hit, opponent's chance to reflect ranged attacks, etc.

I remember the horse trials gogo, that was about the same time as the Alchemy trials, right? I know what I am asking about would run into limitations later on, but I have to work with what I have been dealt.

This would be for console (left-click was just meant to start everyone thinking in the right direction), so RpH is an option. Also many CA's on console will fire a regular attack while on cooldown.

For my ranged Dryad build, I added in knock back which works surprisingly often for normal attacks. But I also have Ravaged Impact and Darting Assault ready to go in a combo so it's not a pure "point and click" build.

I am starting to think that the place to start is with what is slotted. If he slots Sinister Predator, Ancient Bark, Darting Assault and his weapon, he would not have to mess with triggers during combat and run the risk of disarming himself. The DA button would be all he would need.

Of course, the first impression was so bad, I am not sure he will want to try again.

Thanks guys!

• 11 months later...

On the topic - blowguns coupled with "regeneration per hit" make the perfect "spam CA" dryad. Blowguns are instant, so your CA will recharge instantly (assuming you have enough regeneration per hit) and, therefore, be spammable. Just ensure you invested enough into chance to hit.

Am I the only one here, who doesn't like RpH and tries to avoid it at all cost? :o

Perhaps it's a result of the beta, where we were told the purpose of the skills is to be able to kill most opponents with a regular attack and using the CA's only to control mobs or the very tough opponents. Either way, I've always tried to build my toons without concentrating at RpH, meaning you actually need to add another skill to the tree; especially since you also need another buff.

So, perhaps this is a possibility:

level 2: Tactics Lore => keep equal to level up to level 100

level 3: Concentration => keep equal to level up to level 100

level 5: Armor Lore => keep equal to levl up to level 100

level 8: Capricious Hunter Focus => max level 75

level 12: Ranged Weapon Lore => max level 75

level 18: Constitution => max level 75

At level 25, 35, 50 and 65 the other four skills can be chosen. Since I'm working at a triple-buff Dryad, I'd chosen Combat Reflexes, Nature Weaver Focus & Lore and Cabalistic Voodoo Focus., but of course skills like Bargaining and Enhanced Perception might be chosen as well.

As for attribute points; 80% are put in Dexterity, the other 20% in Willpower.

I think this build is self explaining.

Starting with Tactics early on, gives an increased damage output. Which with the blowpipes kills opponents faster, since the pipe got a direct hit. Concentration enables the 2nd buff - I'm using Ancient Bark & Sinister Predator - while also helping to reduce the regen effect of both buffs.

Armor makes the use of better armor possible; while CH Focus decreases the regentime even more. Ranged Weapons increases attack speed; thus making it possible to use bows more often, instead of the blowpipes. Of course, switching CH Focus with Ranged Weapons Lore is possible as well, since the build is focused at using the regular attack only. However, I noticed that opponents became quite a challenge at this level, therefore forcing me to start using the Attack CA more often. At least, until I got some better armor and weapons. Perhaps it's even advisable to put Constitution above CH Focus, to increase the amount of hitpoints a char got, before switching to the more damage doing bows.

As for weapons: Use blowpipes doing poison damage; as there are just a few opponents - Kobold Shaman's and the occasional undead - able to resist that. Equip another weapon with the magic pearl - and plenty of those dropping along the coast - as magic weakens! an opponent, thus making it more likely to be killed by physical damage. There's a quest to find out what the Kobolds use to fight the undead, dropping a lava-stone. Equip that as well. In general the only two tough opponents would be the Griffin and the Undead General. But as a ranged char, using the hit and run tactics are a lot easier to do.

Thorin :)

• Like! 1

Thorin, I dont think Dryad needs to learn Constitution at all. You can get passive regen just by using Ancient Bark, and even more regen by using Goldenglade's Touch. You can also get HP boost by investing into Vitality and socketing "+max hp" amulets into some sockets. There are much better skills to learn.

I also think there is no need to invest 100 points into skills, better invest 75 points into ALL valuable skills first (to get masteries).

And I think, concentration is worth leveling to 75 only if you plan to use 3 buffs. This isnt your case, so better just leave concentration at 1 point.

And you cant get Armor lore first, because you should get either Shield Mastery or Combar Reflexes or Speel Resistance first and level one those to 5.

Also, there are more enemies resistant to poison than you think. Poison elemental are quite common in Swamp and near Thylisium, and they have SERIOUS poison mitigation (80% or so). A main quest boss in the Desert (giant scorpion) is also resistant to poison.

Poison weapons are still good, after 75 level, in you invest 75 points into Damage Lore. Fire weapons are no worse. I also suggest to have a magic weapon too, cause some bosses can be killed with magic only

Now, about stats investment,

Investing into willpower is totally useless for a Dryad. You want willpower? Cast Goldenglade Touch on yourself and enjoy having 1000-5000 willpower.

Investing into dexterity isnt worth it too, in my opinion - bonuses (damage boost, etc) are too weak.

I would suggest to invest 100% into vitality, or 50-90% vitality and 50-10% Stamina (whatever ratio you like).

• Like! 1
  • 11 months later...

Hi, I am an old lurker and I have been playing (again) sacred 2 in PS3

I am really sorry for not contribute sooner, but I am a newbie and I learn a lot from all the senior member here.

this is my build for ranger.

I am at level 64 now

1. Tactic Lore (at char level)

2. Enhance Perception (9 ish)

3. Capri hunter Focus (at char level)

4. Range Weapon (1 point)

5. Concentration (1 point)

6. Combat Reflex (5 for unlocking armor lore)

7. Armor lore (10 or so)

8. Reaver Focus ( 9 point for fully mod ancient bark)

9. Constitution (almost at char level)

10. Reaver lore (I was thinking about bargaining for self sustain)

Please give me an input, now I am at gold.....and have a lot of death on the last guardian (I beat it a few times but now I am farming).

Edited by sondi
  • Like! 1