Sacred 2 win 8.1

Hey ! Ive been playing sacred 2 on win 8 but have had problems with crashes while playing lan .

I use win xp compability mode 2 and the Commands -skipopenal and -nocpubinding .

My question will this run better in win 8.1 ? Ive got the retail version Sacred 2 gold (uk)

thanks !

• Like! 1

I haven't upgraded to 8.1 yet, but I do have 8.0. I still miss that start menu and really, really, really hate the start up screen and how it goes into separate apps, and not integrated with the desktop.

• Like! 1

Hey ! Ive been playing sacred 2 on win 8 but have had problems with crashes while playing lan .

I use win xp compability mode 2 and the Commands -skipopenal and -nocpubinding .

My question will this run better in win 8.1 ? Ive got the retail version Sacred 2 gold (uk)

thanks !

I'm here on the welcome wagon too^^

Welcome to DarkMatters fatherboard!

(cool nic btw)

:)

gogo

I heard you can’t send keyboard and mouse commands at the same time on 8.1, as Microsoft is converting its interface to touchscreen interface only. Also, your mouse may stop working and USB speed is now constant (for battery saving purposes).

The only way I got a fairly stable Sacred 2 was to install it on Windows XP. I had too many randow crashes from both the downloadable and retail editions. I tried all possible stability fixes, but decided to stick with dual boot. I still need XP for other games, so having a dual boot setup is pretty important for me.

I think you could install a second O.S. on either another disk or partition and select at system startup which one to load

But there may be other ways to do that

regards

One spatula to flip them all...

Edited by tom.morrow
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a 64bit processor and had my tech friend partition my system for a second OS specifically for XP 32bit so I could load all my old games without worrying about compatibility issues. I use win 7 64bit for everything else and my system has more than enough memory for both OS' s. If you have an old xp disc I'd personally recommend that option. Imho

• 1 year later...

Did you just uninstalll and reinstall? Any additional things to get it working. I have win 8.1 nad it crashesh after an hour.

Welcome aboard!

I'm running the GOG version of Sacred 2 Gold (with CM) on my laptop, and it works just fine.