Elder Scrolls Online

Supposed to be $15 US per month.

I am on the fence regarding MMO's (I have tried several and GW2 is the only one I like) and I am not too keen on a subscription. That being said, I will probably give it a try if I can get in on a free trial.

I have a Beta key for this weekend if anyone is interested in giving the game a try. I don't plan to play, so it's up for grabs :)

<raises hand>

Pick me, pick me!

Sent it over. If you have any troubles regarding accounts being linked, let me know as I can probably fix any email problems. I doubt that it will be a problem because you have to register for a new beta account using the given key, so you should be fine :)

• Like! 1

:bow: Thank you, thank you!

Although this will probably mean that I will not complete the achievement for this season of world-vs-world in GW2, but what the heck there is always next season.

• Like! 1

Thanks again Ryan for the beta key!! It was a close beta under NDA, so I cannot really comment much.

While I was waiting for the download, I revisited Oblivion on my ps3. I saw a lot of similarities to the video I posted above, so let me comment on that. No mini-map?!?! :eek: How am I supposed to play an MP game when I cannot see where my party members are?

I did not get to try the PvP (if I had, it would fall under NDA). I am keen to try it. From what I have read, it appears to be open-world PvP and seems to designed to compete directly with the world-vs-world PvP in GW2. Specifically addressing the two biggest complaints with it in GW2 (population balance and server-side performance issues).

Official release is spring '14 (which could be June), so things can (and probably will) change.

@ Lujate:

Check the video again. You'll see several green dots at your compass marker on top of the screen. That's where your party-members are.

As for the game itself;

It certainly looks beautiful and I'm indeed keen to buy it. What's keeping me so far is the fact you need to pay to play the game on-line. Meaning after paying somewhere between 50 - 60 euro's to get the game, I've got to pay even more to play it? I wouldn't mind doing so, if I had to pay for a clan's membership; who in turn rents a server to play MP. But paying the developer / publisher to play MP? No way.

The second reason I won't pay for MP is because the people in Europe are still used as milk-cows by the NA companies but using a 1 Euro = 1 US$ ratio; while in fact it's 1 US$ = 0.86 Euro's.

Not to mention; "The Witcher 3" is going to be released as well, meaning I got another game to look forward too. And I doubt I got the time to play both as well as some of the games I currently own.

Thorin :)

From what I've read,in the already published stuff, the first month is included in that price. I believe you would start paying the monthly fee after that first month.

I've done enough beta testing of it, that I've decided to get it. Before I started testing I had decided not to get it. I suspect that is one of the reasons Zenimax has so many people testing it. It's too bad we can't tell everyone what's in game, but I do understand their reasons for the NDA.

Edited by Ysne58
  • Like! 1

@ Lujate:

Check the video again. You'll see several green dots at your compass marker on top of the screen. That's where your party-members are.

Good catch! I cannot imagine that would work as well though.

I am going to hold off until open beta or free trial before making up my mind, since a lot can still change between now and release. That being said, I have my eye on Spring 2014.

@ Lujate:

As for the game itself;

It certainly looks beautiful and I'm indeed keen to buy it. What's keeping me so far is the fact you need to pay to play the game on-line. Meaning after paying somewhere between 50 - 60 euro's to get the game, I've got to pay even more to play it? I wouldn't mind doing so, if I had to pay for a clan's membership; who in turn rents a server to play MP. But paying the developer / publisher to play MP? No way.

The second reason I won't pay for MP is because the people in Europe are still used as milk-cows by the NA companies but using a 1 Euro = 1 US$ ratio; while in fact it's 1 US$ = 0.86 Euro's.

Not to mention; "The Witcher 3" is going to be released as well, meaning I got another game to look forward too. And I doubt I got the time to play both as well as some of the games I currently own.

From what I've read,in the already published stuff, the first month is included in that price. I believe you would start paying the monthly fee after that first month.

I've done enough beta testing of it, that I've decided to get it. Before I started testing I had decided not to get it. I suspect that is one of the reasons Zenimax has so many people testing it. It's too bad we can't tell everyone what's in game, but I do understand their reasons for the NDA.

That's a good commendation, specially coming from you from their boards.

Their wiki was highly inspirational to us, if I had time for a game like that/this I'd get sucked in forever

:oooo:

gogo

• 1 month later...

I've a key for the next weekend, anyone intrested?

From Friday, January 10th at 6:00PM EST

Until Sunday, January 12th at 11:59PM EST

:viking:

After the positive reviews of the first beta weekend, I'm inclined to try it out for this coming one. Any chance I could acquire that key Chrona? :D

After the positive reviews of the first beta weekend, I'm inclined to try it out for this coming one. Any chance I could acquire that key Chrona? :D

sent you a pm, have fun :)

• Like! 1

sent you a pm, have fun :)

You're the best, thanks a bunch :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's out and it's game time! Any others playing this?

I have a purchased Imperial Edition, but haven't activated the game yet as I'm totally swamped with work right now :(

Nope.

And as long as the Publisher thinks that I'm prepared to spend 60 Euro's for the game and 15 Euro's a month, while most of the rest of the world has to pay $60 and $15, and with the current exchange range of 1 Euro = $1.15, meaning I have to pay 15% more as most of the rest of the world, I won't buy it.

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of American based gaming companies thinking that they can use the European residents as their milking cows.

Perhaps when the game becomes cheaper and the servers switch to f2p - which according some speculations will take about a year - I'll reconsider.

Up to then I prefer to keep my money in my wallet until something goods passes by. Like banished, as that $20 game is a lot more fun.

I've got to say I saw the advert during the Game of Thrones season four repeat last night and thought it looked pretty amazing. However I disagree with buying a game and then paying monthly to use it in principle, so I won't be getting it.