No doubt many have noticed that the community patch adds a rare traveling merchant named Brian Dunkleman (many name him Brian Dunkelman). He is always in red robes with green gems, purple sash and appears in same safe areas. When he spawns, he can become any merchant (including offering to sell unique mounts). After a while he teleports away.

If you try to make screenshot of him, the game may crash.

I personally encountered him in Na’Fian (jungle port) on the docks (see picture), in town of Village Ruins (cursed blood forest) and in temple on Mount Island (see picture).

BrianDunkleman.jpg

hbig_0004.jpg

There is no mention of him on the Wiki page and almost nothing on the forums (mentioned here and here). Don’t you think it’s time we put up something in the wiki about Sacred 2’s Bigfoot?

• Like! 1

Even tho I'm on F.A. 2.43 ( and so haven't personal experience of him)
I think he was mentioned by at least one of the CM team as "favourite traveling merchant"

( I get the feeling that he was meant as another easter egg thingy )

EDIT:

from the CM patch's changelog:

• Keep an eye open for the most famous travelling merchant of all time...

regards

Beware! Objects in sacred2 are closer then they appear!

Edited by tom.morrow
  • Like! 1

Brian Dunkleman is (in?)famous for being one of the original judges on American idol way back when it first started. He quit very quickly and has fallen back into obscurity...

As far as the merchant goes... He pops up in random locations AND with a different specialty. In one location, he may be a horse trader, in another he may be a general merchant, a unique mount vendor in a third and a blacksmith in the 4th. He's a jack of many trades.

The merchant also has a different name in the various translations of the CM Patch - all to hopefully better relate to the target audience.

TBH... I don't know why Brian Dunkleman's name was used as he isn't much of a merchant. Not even a pitchman really. Beyond that stint on American Idol, it's not like he's made any sort of name for himself otherwise.

Better suggestion would be maybe Billy Mays - which those of you at least in the US might recognize as THE most annoying pitchman to ever stand before a camera and shill something. He's one of the few people in this world I am glad is dead. Not that I wished he would do so, just that he did it all on his own. The guy's voice is INSANELY annoying, a nasal/gravelly sounding voice that makes fingernails on a chalkboard sound pleasant. I was frequently wishing I had a brick handy to throw thru the TV. I think you might be able to find some of his commercials on YouTube.

Edited by wolfie2kX

No doubt many have noticed that the community patch adds a rare traveling merchant named Brian Dunkleman (many name him Brian Dunkelman). He is always in red robes with green gems, purple sash and appears in same safe areas. When he spawns, he can become any merchant (including offering to sell unique mounts). After a while he teleports away.

If you try to make screenshot of him, the game may crash.

I personally encountered him in Na’Fian (jungle port) on the docks (see picture), in town of Village Ruins (cursed blood forest) and in temple on Mount Island (see picture).

BrianDunkleman.jpg

hbig_0004.jpg

There is no mention of him on the Wiki page and almost nothing on the forums (mentioned here and here). Don’t you think it’s time we put up something in the wiki about Sacred 2’s Bigfoot?

Love this!

Good find for a new Easter egg on the Wiki page, I'm stuck doing Quest Dialogue boxes, this is egg is a freebie for anyone who wants to add it:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Easter_Eggs

:)

gogo