How long have you been here at DarkMatters?

Hey everyone!

We're looking to see how long the median time of of membership of our active posting, reading, wiki-loving community is. :dance:

We are looking to make some cool changes to the post bit that appears beside your name when you post^^

We're getting to be one of the good 'ole gaming communities around on the net, and we're trying to show some appreciation for everyone here that keeps us alive.

If you have some time can you please post here?

• When you arrived at DarkMatters
  • how many years here you've been a member
  • how did you find this site?

lots luv

:hugs:

gogo

• Like! 1

Um.. OK.. Tho the forum software already has the 1st one - it's visible anytime you hover the mouse over your name in the post listings..

According to that, I've been here since April 28th, 2010...

That means I've been on here 3 years, 6 months, 4 weeks and 2 days.. Gotta luv Windows 7's calculator for figuring that out...

As to how I got here.. Google. A friend of mine handed me the disks for Sacred 2 and wanted me to find out if it was a good game or not. I had some questions about stuff and did a Google search which brought me here. Wound up signing in and well. the rest, as they say is history.

• Like! 1

1.Ihave no ideea when I started

2.Since I bought the game that will be in 2008 so its like 5 years now :)).

3. I bought the game in italy and the language wasn't english so I was looking here for answears.

• Like! 1

I have been on FDM since 16 May 2010

quick calculation, makes that 3 years, 7 months and 12 days (and I have loved being here all that time)

A friend and old house mate introduced me to Sacred 2, and I soon knew more about the game than he did, I had more question and he couldn't answer them anymore, so I went online, found the wiki and from there I discovered FDM, at first I was to scared to register, until I saw The Dark Kitchen... and I have been hooked ever since...

Delta!

• Like! 1

Um.. OK.. Tho the forum software already has the 1st one - it's visible anytime you hover the mouse over your name in the post listings..

Heh, yep, that's how I checked for myself.

Anyway...

Joined: Sep 13 2011. Been a member about 2 years, 2 months, and 2 weeks.

When I arrived: a few months before the join date

How I arrived: Lurked around Sacred Internation Forum (SIF) during the days of playing Sacred Underworld (2007). Took some time away from Sacred, and when I came back to the franchise with Sacred 2 (around late 2010), I found Ascaron had shut down and SIF was a ghost town. IdRNIQX.gif At first, I didn't really believe that a place called "Darkmatters" was the go-to place for Sacred stuff, (how could it be, it didn't even have "Sacred" in the site name!) but after lurking for a few months I realized, this was THE place for the Sacred community. :thumbsup:

I still probably wouldn't have joined, except that you have to register to use the Downloads section. Then after that, I found that the thing I wanted to download, the Halgrim's Law set for the Dragon Mage, had a dead link. So I made a post asking for a reupload, and here's the pivotal moment that would forever seal in my involvement in this community: Instead of reuploading it, mastermind Gogoblender PM's me and says, "hey here's a link to this database of all the set items called MegaDev. You could probably get the set from there, and, if you want, you can reupload the file here on Darkmatters yourself." HbKbJh0.gif

So I got the set and reuploaded it. "Wow, that felt good," I thought. "Why don't I upload the Christmas sets too?" Then evil genius Gogo again PM's me and says, "hey I added you to the SacredWiki... gee it sure would be swell if someone would add download button links to the pages of all the new sets you've uploaded" ("Mwa ha haaa" he thinks to himself). fEUzhnp.gif

And then somehow years later I'm hooked, finding myself donating to SacredWiki and working on it like mad, checking Darkmatters every day as part of my morning routine... You diabolical mastermind, Gogoooooo! I just wanted to download a set! PutPDTr.gif

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

1. Just now? Oh, does this count: Member Since 13 May 2008
  2. Enough to recognize some of the members.
  3. Through SIF.
Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1

December 2010

I registered as soon as I found darkmatters, but it took a couple weeks to get approved.

I picked up a used ps3 copy of S2FA. I played for weeks with my laptop beside me. Google led me to SIF, which led me here.

• Like! 1

1. Arrived here straight off the boat from Start Isle and...wait what? Oh, I got here in June of 2009 :)

2. Guess that makes it about 4.5 years now, still one of our younger members!

3. Bought Sacred 2 off the shelf and knew nothing about the game. Looked for a resource and found the wiki, then wanted to make some changes to the riding mounts page and applied here for wiki permissions :viking:

lol, one of the younger members! :D I remember a time when you were new to site, but now you're like a vet! Thanks for posting, and always coming back home

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

December 2010

I registered as soon as I found darkmatters, but it took a couple weeks to get approved.

I picked up a used ps3 copy of S2FA. I played for weeks with my laptop beside me. Google led me to SIF, which led me here.

nooooooooobeeeee..only three years lujate? :o

LOl, sorry about that week approval, must been my fault... poutine do ya?

Poutine.JPG

gogo

3. Through SIF.

That's five years!

Thanks Spock, yer a goldy from the SIF too ++

gogo

3. Through SIF.

and we're never EVER letting you go... !! :whip:

Chattius, I can't see your start date, do you remember when you came on board the team?

gogo

1.Ihave no ideea when I started

2.Since I bought the game that will be in 2008 so its like 5 years now :)).

3. I bought the game in italy and the language wasn't english so I was looking here for answears.

Thank you for posting AngelShade!

And for answering about how you came and found us

Another 5 yearer, awesome!

gogo

Hmm...lets see, I found this site through the SIF, only been a member since January 2008, but was lurking way before that, back in S1's hey day!

Thanks for posting DB! :bounce:

And yer another five yearer...I love how we have peeps reading / lurking in background and are part of our extended family.

Sorry, but you have to squirm for a bit while I give you a loyalty hug

gogo

:empty gaze:

1st time I came here ( incognito ) was about 2007 or 2008
Then I got s.2 and started rummaging around the text files and archives and changing some things
( autoexec was a dead giveaway by the launcher, kinda begged you to mod it )
:big smile:
At some point I started reading what people here posted about moding this game
and since then I was lurking on these forums on and off,
until about 2 months ago I registered to say "HELLO PEOPLE"
Member since 2013 October 06
I just don't remember how I got here in the fisrt place
A wild guess (but very possible) would be through the SIF
since I used to lurk there aswell quite frequently

best regards

General Failure's fault. Not yours.

Hmm, 16.6.2009

And took me 2 weeks to adapt the guide:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/11228-self-sufficient-melee-elf-guide-hc-240/

I remember that I typed all that while caring fpr the twins. They were born One and half a year earlier and my wife just started to work again and I took my 1 month free from work.

• Like! 1

I have been on FDM since 16 May 2010

quick calculation, makes that 3 years, 7 months and 12 days (and I have loved being here all that time)

A friend and old house mate introduced me to Sacred 2, and I soon knew more about the game than he did, I had more question and he couldn't answer them anymore, so I went online, found the wiki and from there I discovered FDM, at first I was to scared to register, until I saw The Dark Kitchen... and I have been hooked ever since...

Delta!

Yeeeeeeeeeeee haw!

U know that section of the forum was pretty experminentla when we first started out. Way before the days of super chefs on tv etc, the Dark Kitchen was rolling out high quality orc chops and ghost pastries.

You're coming along in the years too Theuns, I love connectiing to you via the cookery of the site!

:chef:

gogo

• Like! 1

I first read this forum in August 2008, shortly before Sacred 2 was released. I officially joined in late September. I've been a member of this amazing community for over 5 years now. :)

I found this forum via the Sacred International Forum, like some of you. I was pretty excited about Sacred 2, and I had a blast playing the game with some of you!

Edited by Flooxim
  • Like! 1
  • When you arrived at DarkMatters: 31 May 2007
  • How many years here you've been a member: registered user since day one, me thinks, and a proud D.a.r.k. member since 23 July 2007
  • How did you find this site: SIF

It was a complete trip down memory lane digging up this info! :P

Did I mention I miss the groove theme? :sun:

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1

According to that, I've been here since April 28th, 2010...

That means I've been on here 3 years, 6 months, 4 weeks and 2 days.. Gotta luv Windows 7's calculator for figuring that out...

As to how I got here.. Google. A friend of mine handed me the disks for Sacred 2 and wanted me to find out if it was a good game or not. I had some questions about stuff and did a Google search which brought me here. Wound up signing in and well. the rest, as they say is history.

Only three year? :o:P

And, how many hundreds of uploads to the Wiki downloads did you help put up?

That put us on the map, I remember a member saying that she'd never seen anything like it...that we were the first game wiki that came with a button that allowed instant satisfaction, and that we were going way out of the spirit of the game, and creating someting that had never been done before, and perhaps should/could have been forbidden...

I say more buttons!

Thanks Wolfie

:bounce:

gogo

Well, we do have a "member since" date in our profile descriptions...

Got myself Sacred 2 in mid July of 2012.

Signed up on 18 Sep 2012 (so over a year now). Been looking around may be a week or two before that, when looking for help on quests and so on, and also to vote the “Temple Guardian should be a PC in Sacred 3” anywhere I can.

Only became an actual active member since half a year ago, when I started moding the Sacred games to my liking, and seeing questions I could answer.

• Like! 1

Chattius, I can't see your start date, do you remember when you came on board the team?

gogo

I just looked in his profile and found, "Member Since 16 Jun 2009".

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1